Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Final Fantasy 14 help. Game not accepting some keystrokes?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic
zippyman
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Last active: Jul 30 2014 08:16 PM

Hello I am trying to build a basic bot in Final Fantasy 14. I'm having some trouble with the game accepting a key stroke that is bound to the below in-game commands.

qRonmhu.jpg

The game accepts keystrokes from many of my scripts except for any that contain the above commands.

I've tested this using a very basic script containing only one key stroke as to eliminate any problems and also changed the in-game keybinds.

I've tried a script with two keystokes in a loop and one stroke will always work and the above mentioned one will never happen.

Does anyone know why this is? Is there a workaround or other alternative?

Thanks for reading.

Here's an example of my simple script.

!s::

{   
   {
	send {space}

}
}
Return

Run1e
  • Moderators
  • 173 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • Last active: Nov 06 2015 01:46 PM

There are a couple things you can try. In the Send documentation it states there a commands made for sending keystrokes to games. The one that I find works most reliable is SendInput, even though you can try SendPlay aswell.

Btw, why do you use braces? Your code can be shortened to just

!s::Send {space}

Take a look at my WIP website! - http://runie.me/

Check out my scripts! -
Columbus - program launcher / focus switcher
BF4 NoRecoil - Assault

zippyman
  • Members
  • 3 posts

There are a couple things you can try. In the Send documentation it states there a commands made for sending keystrokes to games. The one that I find works most reliable is SendInput, even though you can try SendPlay aswell.

Btw, why do you use braces? Your code can be shortened to just

!s::Send {space}

Neither of those worked. I had brackets because i cannabalized some code and still have some ameturish coding habits.

Ruevil2
  • Members
  • 226 posts
  • Last active: Dec 04 2015 11:05 PM

Try 'holding down' the key you want to send. Some games are sensitive to the speed of input and do have a lower threshold. Try this and see if it helps, for more ideas refer to this tutorial.

{
{
    Send {space down}
    Sleep, 20
    Send {space up}
}
}
Return

If I helped you out and you would like to show appreciation, feel free to buy me a beer.  grin.png   btn_donateCC_LG.gif

zippyman
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Try 'holding down' the key you want to send. Some games are sensitive to the speed of input and do have a lower threshold. Try this and see if it helps, for more ideas refer to this tutorial.

{
{
    Send {space down}
    Sleep, 20
    Send {space up}
}
}
Return

I tried this with no change in result. Thanks for trying though.

Quttan
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Last active: Aug 29 2014 06:27 PM

I'm having this exact same problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Ruevil2
  • Members
  • 226 posts

Test this simple key remap for me please.

a::Space

Key remappings use the {blind} parameter internally so we will see if that can cause a reaction in-game. It sounds to me like the developers of this game have attempted to make auto/bot targeting extra difficult. Have you tried each one of the different Send modes one at a time?

If I helped you out and you would like to show appreciation, feel free to buy me a beer.  grin.png   btn_donateCC_LG.gif

Quttan
  • Members
  • 6 posts

I tried it in-game and none of the send modes were able to move the cursor, but they worked perfectly fine if the same key was bound to any other action. As for the remap, it seems to be functioning normally. I was able to remap other keys to the key I use for moving the cursor and pressing those keys would move the cursor. I still haven't found a way to actually send keystrokes to move the cursor, though. I hope this helps.

Ruevil2
  • Members
  • 226 posts

When you say you remapped the keys and they worked, was the remapping done via AHK or in-game settings?

So just for my own clarification..

This works:

a::space

But this does not:

a::Send {space}

Quttan
  • Members
  • 6 posts

I meant that I could remap keys with Autohotkey and they would work like you would expect. For example, I have move cursor left bound to g, so if I use Autohotkey to remap space to g, pressing space would move the cursor left, but even after doing that, sending space with Autohotkey would still not move the cursor. The only time send commands don't work is when you use them to try to move the cursor. So if I have g bound to move cursor left in the game, sending g won't move the cursor, but if I have the in-game chat box selected it will still type out the letter g.

Quttan
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Has anyone found a work-around for this yet?