Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Favmenu 2.0 final

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic
majkinetor
  • Moderators
  • 4512 posts
  • Last active: Oct 02 2013 02:33 PM
Outdated.
Last developed version is available here (FM3 b1)

FavMenu 2.0 final
For Windows XP & 2K

FavMenu is Windows OS enhancer and application launcher. It stores information about your favorite folders and executables and let you quickly use your favorites within system dialogs (Open/Save, Browse For Folder, Office2003 dialogs), Console (cmd.exe), Widows Explorer and Total Commander.

Format of the menu configuration file is compatibile with the Total Commander file manager directory menu, and was originaly written to work as addon for this file manager. Almost all features of the TC directory menu are supported, including plugins and pseudovariables. Furthermore, TC doesn’t need to be started. If you use TC it will be detected for you, otherwise, Windows Explorer will be set as a file manager.

Menu Editor can be used to create, edit, delete and organise menu items. This is also complete replacement of TC’s internal directory menu editor witch adds many new options. It can be used together with FavMenu or separate.

See readme for more details.
Click on the screenshot to see all supported dialogs

Download      

HISTORY
V2.0 (18. Septemeber 2006)

V2.0 (18. September 2006)
- Added support for Browse For Folders dialogs (might need administrator privilegies)

- Added support for Console ( internal console commands are also supported ).

- Added support for Windows Explorer (you can use it also as a File Manager instead of Total Commander)

- Added left click on the tray icon to launch FavMenu from the tray.

- Clicking on tray icon will not steal current focus. This means that you can use Favmenu within supported windows via the tray icon.

- Added custom tray icons for enabled and dissabled state. You can change them in res folder.

- Enhaced "Add current directory" feature:
    + Now supports Browse For Folders, Windows Explorer and Console.
    + Full functionality in Open/Save standard dialogs: support for all folders including virtual folders with physical representation.
        (Desktop, My Picture, My Documents, Recent Documents…)
    + Dialog is now of dynamic width: the path recognised will always fit except if it is too long

- Added Help tray menu item

- Properties: Added "change item" button. Click on it to select next item to edit, via FavMenu.

- Properties: Added ENTER key handling. Pressing it will switch focus to next item parameter.

- Setup: New options - integration tab - select where do you want Favmenu to appear.

- Setup: Added button to create sample menu.

- Editor: changed Enter key behavior - it is no longer needed in Editor to press Enter on every changed item.
Items are saved per keypress. Everything is saved after Save button is pressed.

TO DO
- Smart refreshing (highest priority)
- FTP user name & password in menu command.
- TC internal command in menu (like cm_opendrives)
- Command line option: specify configuration file to use for both applications.
- Hook for * button in TC
- Mouse impovements (visual indication on dialogs via icon on title or something…. )
- Large icons

Posted Image

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active: Yesterday, 06:10 PM
Wow, nice-looking interface (and great screenshots)!

majkinetor
  • Moderators
  • 4512 posts
2Chris
Did you try it? It is working with Windows Explorer and everything will be automaticaly set at frist run. You have default (sample) many to see some posibilities. Try it in all dialogs shown at picture (this is roundup of many things discussed lately here)

It works this way: if favmenu recognise dialog it will change the folder in it) otherwise it will redirect to file manager. Some additional cool things are there once Total Commander is used instead Explorer, but accent is not on file manager but on system dialogs. "Places bar" in Open/Save dialog isnt enough for favorites, and Browse for Folders, console and Windows Explorer dont' have favorites at all. You also has "Add current dir" menu option witch will add to the menu directory you are curently at in mentioned dialogs (even in Console), so you can create menu on the fly.

Kerry
  • Members
  • 144 posts
  • Last active: Sep 25 2006 07:33 PM
Wow! great program! I love it!

There is one problem I have with it though, and that's the icon. Do they need to be 12x12? I have a program that grabs the icons... but the smallest is 16x16, and the colours aren't showing up very well, do you know what the problem could be?

-Kerry

majkinetor
  • Moderators
  • 4512 posts
Well, this is Autohotkey limitation since it doesn't support icons in menus. This is workaround that replaces system checkboxes so it must use 12x12 (that is 13x13) icons. Thats why I supplied more then 100 icons in the package since those are little harder to find. Chris told us that large icons are on high priority list so after that it will have icons in Editor and in favmenu itself.

Some notes:
1: This script is tested with more then 1000 TC users. It should work without problems. In version 2.0 I added support for mass of new things, among the rest Windows Explorer since I noticed that even power users here don't use other file managers. This is about 5000 lines script witch does heavily with system internals so maintaining and testing it is hard without proper feedback. Total Commander users were very supportive up so far.

2: You currently don't have similar application available on the net. Some alternatives are DM2 (freeware, only OpenSave dialogs), AutoDialogs (this one is really good, but slow, don't support all kind of dialogs as Favmenu, but have large icons :) It is also not freeware and much larger and slower then this script. It doesn't have add current dir to support menu creation on the fly). Generaly apps of this kind are not freeware with few exceptions.

3: Favmenu keeps nothing in memory. It does all the things on call and clean up after you use it.

4; Favmenu is mergable. U can check this in readme, and you can easily integrate it with your own scripts thus avoid starting separate AHK instance for it.

Kerry
  • Members
  • 144 posts
Wow! I guess I've live without large icons for a while... :p, will the color be fully supported if I make the icons 12x12?

I have one request, which I think might be of great help, and that is being able to assign mouseclicks to it instead of just keys. I manually did this by editting "config.ini" from "^W" to "MButton", so I have different menus on middle and right click.

-Kerry

majkinetor
  • Moderators
  • 4512 posts
Well, if you can acieve it by manuely editing the ini then its OK.
I will make this known in documentation.

It is very good idea to have different menus. I will add command line option for config file to be used and that will simplifie that. Possible some interface to favmenu via Win Messages, so you can control it externaly. It all depends on how meny people are interested

You will have to make icons with 256 colors. Take a look at the included icon set in editor to see the specs. Some of those I created by resizing 16x16 icons in IconEdit.

Thank you.

Kerry
  • Members
  • 144 posts
Ok - will do (look at Icon files). I'm probably going to edit a few... I really like my icons :p.

I found out that the manually only partially works. It completely traps the click. So if you put MButton & RButton (mean hitting the middle and right), the middle will be completely useless (I realized I used it for a scrolling feature).

Right now I have it set to ^RButton, which works, but if there was a way to make it so that it didn't completely trap the click (so it could be set at MButton & RButton) with their normal functions working, that would be great.

-Kerry

majkinetor
  • Moderators
  • 4512 posts

I really like my icons

I know.... very important stuf for me 2 :)

I will see what I can do about Mouse. I planeed better mouse control (see TO DO list).

You inspired me to think about direction to allow multiple menus on different hotkeys. It shouldn't be very hard to implement.

Kerry
  • Members
  • 144 posts
Hehe, well I'm glad I helped with something.

Do you know of a free icon editor that can change icons sizes other than the defaults (16x16, 32x32, 48x48)? I found 1 actual free icon editor, the other ones make you install something called "WhenUSave" which is REALLY bad for the computer... but the one I have won't me change to 12x12 lol :(

-Kerry

P.S. this is my last post for the night

majkinetor
  • Moderators
  • 4512 posts
Use this one, you have 30days trial (it is excellent)
http://www.aha-soft.com/iconxp

majkinetor
  • Moderators
  • 4512 posts
V2.0 beta 6
- Entirely new fast code for BFF (Browse For Folder) dialogs
- Some small bugs fixed in Editor

V2.0 beta 5
- Enhaced “Add current directory” feature:
+ full functionality in OS (Open/Save) standard dialogs: support for all folders including virtual folders with physical representation. (Desktop, My Picture, My Documents, Recent Documents…)
+ Dialog is now of dynamic width: the path recognised will always fit except if it is too long
- Added Help tray menu item
- Fixed bug with BFF dialogs when you had to select folder twice to switch to it.
- Fixed bug with changing On/Off hotkey in Setup (not working until restart)

majkinetor
  • Moderators
  • 4512 posts
V2.0 beta 7
- Clicking on Tray icon will not steal current focus. This means that you can use Favmenu within supported dialogs via the Tray icon. This sole update allows you to use it without ever pressing hotkey. (thx goes to Peter

Kerry
  • Members
  • 144 posts
Hey, I was wondering if you could use an Update button, I'd rather not keep redownloading :). I made an update function which you could use: http://www.autohotke...pic.php?t=12364

-Kerry

Nerd610again
  • Guests
  • Last active:
In your download file, Editor.exe was included. In B7 it's missing.