Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Generic recoil & rapid fire Manager

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic
floodindahood
  • Members
  • 383 posts
  • Last active: Apr 20 2018 01:45 PM

2lld93l.png

I've written a bunch of norecoil and rapid fire scripts (and other cheaty stuff) for a variety of games whenever I get

bored of them so figured I'll just write a generic one, for "all" shooters so, here is another weekend project, GrrfM :)

GrrfM - Generic recoil & rapid fire Manager

Is intended for most shooter games that AHK can interact
with and uses a weighted or non-random recoil mechanics.

A GUI for selecting your game and weapon setup.
In game recoil and rapid fire value tuning, which can be turned on/off with "Insert".
As well as the obvious rapid fire and recoil management.

Free to use and mostly will be up to the users to customize but, will run as is with 
most shooters given the .ini files are created according to the instructions.

For further instructions check the "Script" and "Game inis" folders at git

Switched to github since handling the various files in "code" tags
was just too much effort not to mention the messy messy look.
It's my first time using github so be gentle :)

Updates:
Fixed multiple games not being recognized, 08.10.214
Fixed weapon slot keys not sending to the game, 09.10.2014

ToDo:
Smoother antirecoil, perrdy much done
Not overriding the shots fired ingame, instead using "timer" based system for burst and off. 

Shocker
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Last active: Sep 20 2014 01:16 PM

Hi! I get an error when running this script:

Line Text: Global active := array()

Error: This line does not contain a recognized action.

I'm a first time user of ahk so don't be harsh on me:D

floodindahood
  • Members
  • 383 posts

No need to fret :)

You just need to dl the latest version of ahk which supports that command, something higher or equal to v1.1.14.02.

Shocker
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Thanks a lot! Work like a charm with my Gewehr43 in H&G but I can't seem to make it work with my Machinepistole34. It shoots 1 bullet per click only.(even if I hold the LMclick for more seconds)

Shocker
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Just checked it with my B.A.R. and it works so I don't know what's the problem with Machinepistole34. Will check one more time later. 

Thanks again for the wonderful script! Now I know what I will learn in the nearest future! 

floodindahood
  • Members
  • 383 posts

Just checked it with my B.A.R. and it works so I don't know what's the problem with Machinepistole34. Will check one more time later. 

Thanks again for the wonderful script! Now I know what I will learn in the nearest future! 

I think either you aren't ticking the rapid fire checkbox, the rapidfire type is "off" or "burst" with value of 1.

If you aren't ticking the rapid fire with an automatic fire weapon then, due to my slacky scripting, it turns the weapon into single fire weapon rather than using the weapon's real automatic fire.

I'll try to fix that soonish since it is a pretty terrible failure on my part.

Shocker
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Forgot to press the toggle key :D It works fine with everything now! My bad!

Godric
  • Members
  • 19 posts
  • Last active: Jun 02 2016 09:11 PM

Thanks for this, but the game is sh*t. 

floodindahood
  • Members
  • 383 posts

Forgot to press the toggle key :D It works fine with everything now! My bad!

Glad to see you're getting good use out of it :)

Thanks for this, but the game is sh*t. 

It gets repetitive pretty fast I agree but, as a game it's great and in small doses rather enjoyable as well.

Regarding the script though, you can use it for anything from runescape to BF4.

Just add another gameName.ini with the minimum info to the Data folder and correct the 0 values while in game.

BLUuuE83
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • Last active: Mar 25 2015 09:15 AM

- I can't seem to get the Insert GUI to work.

- After making a new config in the Data folder and selecting it under Game in the GUI, under the weapons option it says "Select a game first..." If I delete the new config, and re-open the script, choose 'Heroes and Generals' as my game, I can then choose the weapons.

cgDZN8r.png

I'm using Autohotkey v1.16.05 and am on Windows 8.1 64bit.

Thanks

floodindahood
  • Members
  • 383 posts

- I can't seem to get the Insert GUI to work.

- After making a new config in the Data folder and selecting it under Game in the GUI, under the weapons option it says "Select a game first..." If I delete the new config, and re-open the script, choose 'Heroes and Generals' as my game, I can then choose the weapons.

I'm using Autohotkey v1.16.05 and am on Windows 8.1 64bit.

Thanks

I noticed some iffyness in the script with multiple games.

I'll fix that and update it to use a much much smoother antirecoil I wrote some time ago.

As for the "config" screen not showing, sadly there isn't much I can do about that since some games render over other windows.

One option would be to use windowed mode while you're updating the values of each weapon and then switching back to full screen when playing (when you won't need to tinker with the values).

Sorry for the inconvenience! :)

kakasensei
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Oct 08 2014 09:21 PM

im getting error "error" is not a valid key name? also what is the toggle key? is it Rctrl?

11mdauw.jpg

floodindahood
  • Members
  • 383 posts

Updated the script in the first post. Now handles multiple games properly.

Been busy so didn't have time to add the smoother antirecoil but it's coming! :)

im getting error "error" is not a valid key name? also what is the toggle key? is it Rctrl?

The toggle key is just a generic on/off button so you can turn the rapidfire/no-recoil off while you're in menus or such.

"RCtrl" is a comfy button for me to toggle it on and off, you could replace it with "^space" or whatever feels good for you, given it's using ahk syntax.

My best guess for the error is that you haven't defined a toggleKey in your game's .ini since "ERROR" is the result you get when you try to read an non-existing ini value.

Though if not, could  you copy pasta your "[GameInfo]" section here?

Just noticed I had forgotten to add "toggleKey" to the bfbc2 .ini file so that's why you were missing it too ;)

kakasensei
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Oct 08 2014 09:21 PM

ok i got everything working, now which part of code do i need to change in order to swap keys 1,2,3 to 7,8,9 so i can use 1-3 in game? is it in the .ini or the actual code for the gui?

floodindahood
  • Members
  • 383 posts

The weapon slot keys are defined in the .ini file in the [GameInfo] section.

Just change the text after "wep1=" to the key you want to use.

Edit:

Had forgotten to use curly snake for the wep keys which which caused the keys to be intercepted.

Fixed that now and you can use the same weapon swapping keys as you use in game, as it was intended.