Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Gamepad button to button remap (Nyko/Madden)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic
dfmurphy
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Dec 29 2006 12:43 AM
I've got four Nyko Airflo controllers, which are generally great, but their button layout is bizarre. The cluster of four buttons on the right side of the pad is (going clockwise from 12:00) 4-2-1-3. This is different from Gravis, Logitech and others which go 4-3-2-1.

I've scoured the net for a way to remap but2 to but3, but1=but2 and but3=but1. I've looked at DirectPad Pro, PPJoy, AHK, and several other pieces of software ... so far, no luck. Everything I've tried allows me to remap keyboard/mouse functions to the gamepad, but does not allow gamepad functions to be reassigned on the same gamepad (or to a different gamepad for that matter).

I can fix the problem somewhat with in-game config, but every game is a little different. The most frustrating of all is Madden 07, which is just plain buggy in the remap department.

Does anybody have any ideas on how to generically swap buttons around on gamepads?

I realize AHK may not be the answer, but I would still love a nudge in the right direction. And if this is not currently an AHK feature, can you please consider this an official feature request?

xdrt
  • Guests
  • Last active:
i know this is old but... bump?

Carcophan
  • Members
  • 1578 posts
  • Last active: Nov 27 2013 06:46 PM
You will probably need an api or something to read the controllers input.

The closest thing I could find so far is this post:

<!-- m -->http://www.autohotke... ... controller<!-- m -->

But this is for XBox, there is a lot of additional information within though.

Edit:
Searched the pads name gave
<!-- m -->http://www.autohotke... ... yko airflo<!-- m --> too, there are a few other results under 'nyko airflo' under search.