Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Invert Screen Colors

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic
System Monitor
  • Members
  • 508 posts
  • Last active: Mar 26 2012 05:13 AM
Ok so at school they use apple computers that can invert the screen colors if a hotkey is pressed

is there a way to do that with autohotey?

Thank you

BoBo
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Ctrl + Alt + Down Arrow: Invert screen. Untested on OSes other than XP.
Ctrl + Alt + Up Arrow: Undo inversion.

jonny
  • Members
  • 2951 posts
  • Last active: Feb 24 2008 04:22 AM
That's different, BoBo. Ctrl-Alt-Down flips the screen image upside down, but what he's talking about is an alpha inversion of the screen's colors. By the way, I doubt that it's possible.

Grumpy
  • Guests
  • Last active:
What are you talking about? First time I hear of such effect. Is it tied to some graphic card controller?

Anyway, the original request can be done, even in AHK, but not in real time!
Now, one can use a dark theme...

System Monitor
  • Members
  • 508 posts
i am talking about the screen colors inverting like blue turning to red and other stuff

the hotkey for mac is Control-Option-Command-8, and this is the description "Switch to White on Black" to find all hotkeys search os x shortcuts in google

BoBo
  • Guests
  • Last active:

What are you talking about?

Try this:
Run MSPaint
Open/load an image
Press CTRL+I

OK, that's the effect he wants to use at the screen (often used to invert text from 'black on white' to 'white on black')

Zippo()
  • Guests
  • Last active:
First, read up on the Binary Numeral System.

Next, look at BitMasking

Finally, put it all together with PixelGetColor and SetPixel.

There might be an easier AHK solution, but this way you know the in-and-out of it :)

System Monitor
  • Members
  • 508 posts
just think it looks really AWESOME so i was wondering if you can do it on windows, there is another way that you can do it buy going to the control panel and opening magnifier then invert clolors

Grumpy
  • Guests
  • Last active:
No, when writing "What are you talking about?", I was referring to the last two messages, otherwise I would have quoted the distant one...
Ie., what, BoBo and jonny, are you talking about? I never saw you can flip the screen image with these shortcut keys.

BTW, System Monitor, what is the interest of such effect (inverting the colors)?

engunneer
  • Moderators
  • 9162 posts
  • Last active: Sep 12 2014 10:36 PM

Ie., what, BoBo and jonny, are you talking about? I never saw you can flip the screen image with these shortcut keys.

I was wondering that myself... I have never heard of that being a windows thing... I tried it on my home pc, which has a nice Nvidia card, and it did not do it, so maybe it's a nice ATI feature?

BTW, System Monitor, what is the interest of such effect (inverting the colors)?

I think it is just eye candy for him?

System Monitor
  • Members
  • 508 posts
TOTALLY

jonny
  • Members
  • 2951 posts
  • Last active: Feb 24 2008 04:22 AM

I was wondering that myself... I have never heard of that being a windows thing... I tried it on my home pc, which has a nice Nvidia card, and it did not do it, so maybe it's a nice ATI feature?

You're still misunderstanding. It's not a color inversion, it just flips the screen upside down, so that e.g. the taskbar would be at the top of the screen. You would only be able to read it if you stood on your head. There's almost no point to it, and I think it's only available on XP, but it's not a feature of the graphics card.

A color inversion, on the other hand, can be useful to increase contrast. It's usually passed as an "accessibility" feature. It's still not a hardware-level operation though, it's usually implemented as a part of the graphical environment. It's such a simple operation that hardware specialization really isn't necessary.

engunneer
  • Moderators
  • 9162 posts

You're still misunderstanding.

Actually, no, I wasn't misunderstanding at all.

[snip] I think it's only available on XP, but it's not a feature of the graphics card.

I have never seen the screen flip in XP without a crazy video driver, and I've never seen a "built in" hotkey to do the same.

A color inversion, on the other hand, can be useful to increase contrast. It's usually passed as an "accessibility" feature. It's still not a hardware-level operation though, it's usually implemented as a part of the graphical environment. It's such a simple operation that hardware specialization really isn't necessary.

The OP is wondering how to do a color inversion. I think he could do it if there were some dllcall or postmessage to change teh appearance parameters of the display colors, or a dllcall or postmessage way to access the accesability function in windows.

Sean
  • Members
  • 2462 posts
  • Last active: Feb 07 2012 04:00 AM
What you want is like what this code is doing? (:This is only one time effect.)

hDC := DllCall("GetDC", "Uint", 0)
DllCall("BitBlt", "Uint", hDC, "int", 0, "int", 0, "int", A_ScreenWidth, "int", A_ScreenHeight
                , "Uint", 0, "int", 0, "int", 0, "Uint", 0x00550009)
DllCall("ReleaseDC", "Uint", 0, "Uint", hDC)

engunneer
  • Moderators
  • 9162 posts
yes, i think that's what he means. That was pretty cool.