Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate

Need Hotkey to switch display between laptop and TV

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic
Mac
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I have a Dell Inspiron 8500 running Windows XP SP2. The Dell uses a program called Quickset which has predefined hotkeys. FN + F8 switches the display from the laptop screen to the attached monitor. This is called presentation mode. I have the laptop connected to a Sony 40V4100 LCD TV in my living room, and I just use the laptop for Netflix. I used to be able to toggle between the laptop and the TV using the Quickset hoykey. I added a Logitech EX110 wireless keyboard and mouse to the laptop. The wireless keyboard has its own predefined hotkeys, and this overrides the Quickset hotkeys. FN + F8 on the wireless keyboard is "Save file". So, now I can't toggle between the laptop and TV, even if I use the laptop's keyboard. Quickset does not allow me to change the hotkeys, so I'm stuck trying to add a new hotkey to the wireless keyboard. I've looked through these forums and haven't found anything that does not require coding. Is there some simple way to assign the hotkey without coding?

Sivvy
  • Members
  • 726 posts
  • Last active: Apr 23 2010 02:50 PM
Since the keyboard makes a new hotkey automatically... No. You probably need to code something. If you want to get put in the right direction, just ask... Unless... If Quickset allows you to alter it's hotkeys... You might be able to do it from within the program. Maybe look at the Quickset help file.

Mac
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Quickset doesn't allow editing. I spoke with Dell support (what a joke), and they say it can't be done with Quickset.

If you could point me in the direction of some coding, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

FiveOhHO
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Sep 23 2008 08:59 PM
What kind of keyboard and model is it? I think there maybe be a function key on that keyboard that will disable the Save action and allowing F8 to be passed as usual.

Superfraggle
  • Members
  • 1019 posts
  • Last active: Sep 25 2011 01:06 AM
<!-- m -->http://www.autohotke... ... torder=asc<!-- m -->
This is the best place to start looking.
Steve F AKA Superfraggle

http://r.yuwie.com/superfraggle