Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

[Game] Frogger

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic
tidbit
  • Administrators
  • 2709 posts
  • Hates playing Janitor
  • Last active: Jan 15 2016 11:37 PM

Well, after putting this project on hold a few months ago, I decided to rush and finish it.
old: http://img15.picoodl...erm_95ebd46.png

2014-02-05_14-44-19.png

Due the using a picture, the code is included with the image in a .zip.
Download: see post 14 by AfterLemon who greatly improved it, thanks!

Background imagehttp://i.imgur.com/Vgsahob.png

History: A few months ago I got really bored and decided to make an AHK game. This idea was frogger. Over the last 2-3 months it has been sitting and collecting dust due to some complications. But I decided to make a crappier version of what I intended and now maybe you clever AHK people can help me or better yet fix it. Note: this is not an "ask for help" topic.

... 5 years later (Feb 2014) a fellow named AferLemon wanted to improve it, and he did!

Bugs:
Pressing left while behind a vehicle alows you to "mildly" overlap the vehicle.
the game slows down a little when you move.
others...

Controls: ARROWS, ESC, PAUSE.

I find this frogger attempt boring and VERY easy. the area where I had trouble was making a system where you could have more then 1 object on a row. So instead of having 3 rows of 1 log/car, having 3 rows of 2, 3, 4+ logs/cars. getting this to work would make it much more frogger-like. also the real frogger has 4 rows. I was just lazy.

rawr. be very afraid
*poke*
. Populate the AutoHotkey city. Pointless but somewhat fun. .

happytodd
  • Members
  • 142 posts
  • Last active: Sep 25 2010 04:21 AM
Damn this is so awesome, hopefully we can get some people to polish it up aye. Good work though!

Another bug:
When your on the log the log doesn't move you automatically on it. You gotta move left as the logs move...
Posted Image
Posted Image

tidbit
  • Administrators
  • 2709 posts
  • Hates playing Janitor
that's no bug :p
some frogger games haves "move you automatically when on a log", some don't. But should be easy to add if needed. Will try later.

rawr. be very afraid
*poke*

jaco0646
  • Moderators
  • 3165 posts
  • Last active: Apr 01 2014 01:46 AM
Neat idea! Everybody knows Frogger!

You might find the WebDings font useful for the objects in the game (text controls instead of progress). I've used it in most of my own games; I believe it comes standard with most or all Windows versions. Anyway, it has several vehicles you could use, including a fire truck, police car, ambulance, and bus. There are also a couple boats. Unfortunately there is no frog, but there is a spider and something that looks like a fly (in some frogger games you get bonus points for eating spiders and flys).

Thanks for posting this. 8)

strictlyfocused02
  • Members
  • 64 posts
  • Last active: Dec 11 2015 08:35 PM
haha this is pretty awesome!

<3 Frogger 8)

tidbit
  • Administrators
  • 2709 posts
  • Hates playing Janitor
thanks strictlyfocused02

jaco0646:
Thanks. maybe the webdings would be better when/if someone can implement support for multiple objects per row (though I do have an idea, will try it someday). otherwise the vehicles would be to narrow and would make it even easier. Plus there are only 2 sideview vehicles in webdings (bike/ambulance), a frontview car wouldn't look that good.
good idea though :).

as I loosely stated in my post, I don't have much interest in updating this myself, that's why its been sitting and collecting dust for a couple of months. however, I will probably attempt to update it once-in-a-while. but I will post any modifications in my 1st post.

rawr. be very afraid
*poke*

SoggyDog
  • Members
  • 803 posts
  • Last active: Mar 04 2013 06:27 AM
I absolutely love this. I SOOOOO want to see more games written in AHK. I asked once before if anyone wanted to write a Mancala game, but nothing ever came from it (and I don't do well with game logic, so I'm out). Further, I'm still dieing to see more work done on Bentschi's efforts with the AHK-based OpenGL 3D Game Engine (Warning: German Post; Try Babelfish if you don't speak/read German).

tidbit
  • Administrators
  • 2709 posts
  • Hates playing Janitor
Thanks SoggyDog.
that OpenGL game engine looks awesome! either that's a good brick texture, or I see bump/normal mapping, <3<3.

mancala...good ol' game. Though I'd have no idea where to start. But would be quite interesting.

rawr. be very afraid
*poke*

• Guests
  • Last active:
Posted Image

Tseik
  • Members
  • 180 posts
  • Last active: Sep 11 2009 06:04 AM
Thats nice, duud! =D
I totally forgot to do my MightyTank game... maybe i`ll finish it someday!

SpiderGames
  • Members
  • 936 posts
  • Last active: Aug 13 2019 02:50 AM
i like it. one problem is the logs separate and make it impossible to cross the water. Also if you are interested with game scripting i would recommend Game Maker7.

Kool game tho.
Posted Image
I know i have 6 legs. It's cuz I'm special.

tidbit
  • Administrators
  • 2709 posts
  • Hates playing Janitor
@ SpiderGames:
I used GM6/7 for 3 years. its quite good, but the community sucks (I made a tutorial pack (60+) and the mods wouldn't let me post it anywhere....) and is "meh" to me now. I even made a frogger game.

the logs separate, yes, just like in the real game. Different speeds. Thats why I want to (or have someone else) implement a way to have more then 1 log per row (instead, 3 or 4) to make it not so..boring.
its still not impossible, it just requires good timing.

@Tseik
take your time ^^ I sure did.

@Guest
xD thanks for the glittery text.

rawr. be very afraid
*poke*

tomoe_uehara
  • Members
  • 2166 posts
  • Last active: Jun 11 2015 05:33 PM
Squish... :shock:
Need an opponent for this ---> C4 (Game with network capability)

AfterLemon
  • Moderators
  • 237 posts
  • Connoisseur of Boobs
  • Last active: Jan 04 2016 11:12 PM

Followup to this Frogger business. Spent about 4 hours making it as good as I could with the maths. Addition of rows/cars should be easy, but time-consuming (somewhat).

Anyways, here ya go:

Spoiler

There are difficulties and speed (see file for info).

tidbit
  • Administrators
  • 2709 posts
  • Hates playing Janitor

very nice upgrade :D thanks

rawr. be very afraid
*poke*