Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Keylogger.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic
ppeterpp
  • Members
  • 61 posts
  • Last active: Nov 18 2009 06:34 PM
Uploads file every hour to ftp server

[Code Redacted by engunneer]

!!! MALWARE !!!
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Malware, please delete.

tidbit
  • Administrators
  • 2709 posts
  • Hates playing Janitor
  • Last active: Jan 15 2016 11:37 PM
*sigh*
keyloggers are not maleware.
keyloggers can be used for good too.
keyloggers can be used for backin up.
keyloggers have been discuseed A LOT here.

however....like many of the keylogger scripts, it is very badly coded. well, not the most optimized/best written. there are much much shorter methods.

rawr. be very afraid
*poke*
. Populate the AutoHotkey city. Pointless but somewhat fun. .

engunneer
  • Moderators
  • 9162 posts
  • Last active: Sep 12 2014 10:36 PM
I did not want to just outright delete this thread.

It is the general policy of me (and I think the other moderators) to keep keylogger code off the forum. It's stuff like this that gets AHK scripts labeled as viruses.

Also, having or using a keylogger on someone else's computer is a crime in many jurisdictions. We are not the police, but we do try to make sure we don't get AHK banned outright by the virus scanning companies.

I have kept a copy of the code if it is decided that it should be put back.

• Guests
  • Last active:
Removing such code is ridiculous. Code itself isn't bad, people are bad.

engunneer
  • Moderators
  • 9162 posts
  • Last active: Sep 12 2014 10:36 PM
forget to log in?

While I agree there is nothing wrong with the code itself, I stand by my reasoning above.

I will listen to counter arguments.

jaco0646
  • Moderators
  • 3165 posts
  • Last active: Apr 01 2014 01:46 AM
Here is a discussion from earlier this summer: Simple key stroke recorder. Some interesting points were made. I don't feel strongly one way or the other, but it would be nice to define a consistent policy.

SoLong&Thx4AllTheFish
  • Members
  • 4999 posts
  • Last active:
Vote++ to remove keyloggers from the forum, if someone uses a general internet search they can find ahk keyloggers (most of them made very poorly). Anything that could harm AHKs reputation is not good to have on the official AHK forum and I think keyloggers are "bad" IMHO (yes they can be put to good use, but no need to educate script kiddies here, plenty of other places for that)

AnttiV
  • Members
  • 237 posts
  • Last active: Feb 13 2014 02:31 PM
Vote++ for HugoV's reasoning. Good points.

However, if someone writes a clever and elegant solution, I don't have a problem if that is posted, as it is said "keyloggers" (maybe call it something other) have their legitimate uses.

For example, don't save it into a file and then FTP it, but output the data to another program. (I myself would've loved this kind of functionality back when I wrote one of my stories. Hotkey to enable/disable output to wordprocessing when I write straight to html files, and vice versa.)

but just prefixing all keys with ~ and saving the key is, in my opinion, not an elegant solution. (to make the typo I just did a comparison, it's an "elefant" solution, if you may :D)

SoLong&Thx4AllTheFish
  • Members
  • 4999 posts
  • Last active:

I myself would've loved this kind of functionality back when I wrote one of my stories

I think a "create copy of current file on hotkey" is more of use here. I've set this up for my text editor, doesn't even have to be a script, most good editors will allow some form of automation, it is merely a save copy of file with date in name type of thing.

SoggyDog
  • Members
  • 803 posts
  • Last active: Mar 04 2013 06:27 AM
ppeterpp is a registered user;
It's not like someone posted as guest with no sense of accountability;
I think this level of censorship is outrageous.

ppeterpp, please PM me with your code;
I would like to see the work that you've done;
I'm sure you're quite proud of it and posted to share your work and even have it improved upon.

SoggyDog
  • Members
  • 803 posts

Here is a discussion from earlier this summer: Simple key stroke recorder. Some interesting points were made. I don't feel strongly one way or the other, but it would be nice to define a consistent policy.

Agreed; There are several keyloggers whose code remains intact on the forum.

tidbit
  • Administrators
  • 2709 posts
  • Hates playing Janitor
  • Last active: Jan 15 2016 11:37 PM
maybe we should stop flooding keylogger topics an make an official topic in the General Chat.
and until a conclusion is made, keep all keyloggers.

maybe even make it a poll.

rawr. be very afraid
*poke*
. Populate the AutoHotkey city. Pointless but somewhat fun. .

SoLong&Thx4AllTheFish
  • Members
  • 4999 posts
  • Last active:
[removed by me]

SoggyDog
  • Members
  • 803 posts

If you want to see the code...

I really don't have any deep-seeded need to see the code, but if I was proud enough to post something I wrote and it got flat out censored and went unseen, I'd be a little insulted.

The posted code might be crap, but I'm willing to look at it and give an "atta-boy" if it's not.