Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Sublime Text Editor - Very nice

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic
A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts
  • Last active: Nov 14 2015 06:56 PM

Hi Avi,

Seems that your highlighter cannot be installed via Package Control. It says cannot load Light Theme. Besides, Preferences → Package settings does not show an entry to edit your settings.

I gaveup Package Control and have to install manually create each file. It works but the autocompletion is somewhat worse than what it was in ST2 (in ST2, all variables & function name existed in currently editing .ahk are listed for autocompletion - this no longer works in ST3)

I havent given (cant give) ST3 a try . It's shareware . 

Preferences -> Package Settings seems to be a new option . It isnt in ST2.

As for Package Control, I have submitted the package but the fact is that sentience, one who accepts the pull requests there hasnt been online for some 20 days and so my package stands there in the queue.

Last pull is #1247 and mine is #1254, so last time he gets online , I will have my thing accepted . 

Now a CS Undergrad. | My WebsiteAutohotkey Scripts | Softwares

Telegram me : @aviaryan

Balan Cristi
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: May 26 2013 06:08 PM

Very intersting and useful tips.I read step by step this post and help me very much.Thank you guys!

jocuri animale
jocuri cu animale

fathom
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  • Last active: Apr 02 2015 04:58 PM

Has anyone that uses Sublime for AutoHotkey come across a good way to debug scripts? I've tried the SublimeXDebug package (made for php) with limited success. I can get variables to show up with breakpoints, but it crashes the majority of the time.

Ideally, it would be nice to have a debugger like Scite4Autohotkey in Sublime.  Thanks in advance for any input!

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

Seems that your highlighter cannot be installed via Package Control. It says cannot load Light Theme. Besides, Preferences → Package settings does not show an entry to edit your settings.

SO, today I tried ST3 . Yes, the Prefernces -> Package Settings doesnt show AhK. Dont know why . I have another package github-sublime text whose entry is shown in the settings but is invisible in the command bar (^+p) and doesnt work . 

It works but the autocompletion is somewhat worse than what it was in ST2 (in ST2, all variables & function name existed in currently editing .ahk are listed for autocompletion - this no longer works in ST3)

definitely . I will like sticking to 2 , that was a great feature . saved the mess of doing variable spelling mistakes and then looking around for bugs.

robertcollier4
  • Members
  • 141 posts
  • Last active: Jun 28 2019 01:05 AM

As for Package Control, I have submitted the package but the fact is that sentience, one who accepts the pull requests there hasnt been online for some 20 days and so my package stands there in the queue.

Last pull is #1247 and mine is #1254, so last time he gets online , I will have my thing accepted . 

Avi - I had already previously submitted an AutoHotkey package to wbond.net Sublime Package Control:

https://github.com/r...ier4/AutoHotkey

It is already there, you can search for it here:

http://wbond.net/sub...kages/community

To avoid duplication - if you want to add or improve the package, you can fork the github repository and and I will add anyone's changes if they do a github pull request.

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

Avi - I had already previously submitted an AutoHotkey package to wbond.net Sublime Package Control:

https://github.com/r...ier4/AutoHotkey

It is already there, you can search for it here:

http://wbond.net/sub...kages/community

To avoid duplication - if you want to add or improve the package, you can fork the github repository and and I will add anyone's changes if they do a github pull request.

So, I closed my pull .

Your package is named AutoHotKey and that was the name I wanted to have for my package. But wbond said, we can't have duplicate names and so I said I would better not submit it.

https://github.com/A...ryan/AutoHotKey

As for a Github pull request, I will see what can I add.

Binocular222
  • Members
  • 99 posts
  • Last active: Jul 25 2014 04:28 AM

definitely . I will like sticking to 2 , that was a great feature . saved the mess of doing variable spelling mistakes and then looking around for bugs.

Do you intend to make it works again with ST3? It not, I will  stick with ST2 too

Binocular222
  • Members
  • 99 posts
  • Last active: Jul 25 2014 04:28 AM

the autocompletion is somewhat worse than what it was in ST2 (in ST2, all variables & function name existed in currently editing .ahk are listed for autocompletion - this no longer works in ST3)

Hi AVI, Just discovered that this still works in ST3 as what is did with ST2. The change in ST3 is:

- Autocompletion list will not pop-up if you start typing at the beginning of line (without space-indent)

- From http://sublimetext.i...ompletions.html : .sublime-completions is preferred over "Words in buffer", thus the autocompletion list will match .sublime-completions first and it's maybe too long to display variables inside the currently-edited script. I tried deleting .sublime-completions and all variables pop-up as expected. Another solution maybe here: http://www.sublimete...php?f=3&t=10113 but I's dumb at Python, thus cannot goes further

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

@Binocular222

Good to hear that they have not removed one of the most useful features of ST.... I dont know Python so cant say anything about your second link.

On a side note, I would prefer ST2 as ST3 has problems with packages specially if you dont use Package Control.

Tip:-

As their site says, one of the biggest improvement in 3 is the startup time . If you want , you can use UPX to compress sublime_text.exe which can significantly increase startup time (as for me). 

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

Deleted

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

So I have updated my patch Sublime 4 Autohotkey to version 2.0.

The changes are awesome and can make you turn from Scite to Sublime Text  wink.png  (I use ST now cool.png )

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

Does anybody know a plugin which can print Sublime text code in Html such that what I see in Sublime text is what I see in my web browser.

Scite has got that feature and I would like to know how it's possible in ST.

myleandro
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Nov 18 2014 06:25 AM

P.S. Edited this post because I hadn't realised this was a general 'sublime text' and 'autohotkey' thead and not Robert's thread.

Robert and Avi keep up the awesome work ;-) 

Can someone remember how to add CHM support to GotoDocumentation and link me in the correct direction?

Thanks.