Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

RADIAL MENU scripts - migrated to new forum

• Please log in to reply
1310 replies to this topic
musketball
  • Members
  • 17 posts
  • Last active: Aug 16 2013 07:16 PM
Fantastic! Much easier and more instantly gratifying to build a menu this way. I would like to be able to double-click a menu to go into its submenu.

I have not had a chance to try making context sensitive menus yet, but I will soon. It's an excellent feature.

This has become an indispensable piece of software for my daily home and work computing needs. And it keeps getting better!

Please set up a Paypal donation account so we can give you money.
Proud User of Radial Menu

BamBam4275
  • Members
  • 33 posts
  • Last active: Aug 01 2013 05:44 PM
This replaces the %A_UserName% with the username itself instead of keeping it a variable ... so when i set it up and give it to my non computer friends it looks like it will break :(

Also when i drag stuff from explorer it doesnt create anything?
I am running as administrator for the exe

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts
  • Last active: Jan 02 2016 02:30 PM
Thanks to all for kind words. I'm glad you like it. :)

Open a window with a text box to enter the name, a text box to type the program name/where you can drag and drop programs to make so that will open it. You can do the same with images.

I don't understand well enough your suggestion what should Cmd button do. Can you explain it a little bit better?

Please set up a Paypal donation account so we can give you money.

Thanks, I'll think about it. :)

This replaces the %A_UserName% with the username itself instead of keeping it a variable ...

Open RM\Internal\Codes\RMD classes.ahk. Go to line 1683, there you'll find this:
static List := "A_ScriptDir|A_AhkPath|A_Temp|A_WinDir|A_ProgramFiles|A_AppData|A_Desktop|A_StartMenu|A_Programs|A_Startup|A_AppDataCommon|A_DesktopCommon|A_StartMenuCommon|A_ProgramsCommon|A_StartupCommon|A_MyDocuments"
replace it with this:
static List := "A_ScriptDir|A_AhkPath|A_Temp|A_WinDir|A_ProgramFiles|A_AppData|A_Desktop|A_StartMenu|A_Programs|A_Startup|A_AppDataCommon|A_DesktopCommon|A_StartMenuCommon|A_ProgramsCommon|A_StartupCommon|A_MyDocuments|A_UserName"
save changes, run RMD, and report does it work (it will).

when i drag stuff from explorer it doesnt create anything

I guess you are talking about case when you drag file with .exe extension on menu or clipboard while you are in graphics view mode. If so, there's explanation in RMD's "About" and in Description section in RMD.ahk

Extracting icons from .exe files.
If file you dragged on menu or clipboard has .exe extension, its icon will be extracted to Icons folder, and displayed in menu. But for some .exe files, this doesn't work properly - empty icon is extracted and displayed. Improving this is out of my skills, but maybe Tic (GDI+ library author) or somebody else could improve Gdip_CreateBitmapFromFile() function which is responsible for this. Until than, you can use freeware program IcoFX (<!-- m -->http://icofx.ro<!-- m -->) to extract icon you want.

If you are talking about some other case, please explain.

ulmuchiha
  • Members
  • 100 posts
  • Last active: Mar 24 2012 02:34 AM
Basically If I wanted firefox,
I could drag a shortcut into a textbox to make it
action=firefox.exe
Or I could just type it out.
And you would do that same with images, only with it changing icon=

ironcates
  • Members
  • 32 posts
  • Last active: Oct 14 2013 02:32 PM
After the update it seems like it doesn't equate RM\ to %A_ScriptDir%\ when using the My hotkeys.ahk I only had two hotkeys to change but I imagine it could be a pain for some people.

Love the RMD!

I'd like to have a button (maybe Cmd) to start up the next item so you don't have to go into notepad and add a blank.

BamBam4275
  • Members
  • 33 posts
The username fix worked!

However no matter what i drag there it .exe .pptx .txt it doesnt update anything :(

ulmuchiha
  • Members
  • 100 posts
  • Last active: Mar 24 2012 02:34 AM
This can be run off a USB stick...
If I run it on linux from a usb stick, do you think it would work?
:/

comvox
  • Members
  • 143 posts
  • Last active: Jan 29 2017 06:53 AM
My suggestion for the Cmd function in Radial Menu Designer is that it would allow one to execute particular items (rather than having to reload RM4, and then try out the item). So might open the item, edit as one pleases, then select "Cmd" to see how the "item action" actually works.

This would be useful when one has a new function or particular item action that one is tinkering with and adusting. It would also be useful when one is tinkering with RMApp lib.ahk and is testing the result on various item actions, and then adjusting the item action and testing again. (For example, I have tinkered with RMApp lib so that it would have Total Commander or FreeCommander, rather than Windows Explorer, open under most circumstances.)

me lance
  • Members
  • 15 posts
  • Last active: Mar 17 2015 05:00 PM
I am running dual monitors at work and use Radial Menu v4 extensively. It is one of the best enhancements to my work flow I have found. I have a question about use on multiple monitors. It would be nice if possible for items launched via Radial Menu to launch on the monitor that Radial Menu is accessed from. I don't know if this is in any way possible since I imagine AutoHotKey appears to use Shell to launch apps but if it is, I think it would be a great enhancement.

Thanks,
Lance

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts
Thanks for ideas, suggestions, explanations and kind words.

After the update it seems like it doesn't equate RM\ to %A_ScriptDir%\ when using the My hotkeys.ahk

It never was. Here are the rules;
- String RM\ is automatically replaced with folder in which RM is located only in menu definition files (.txt)
- Variable RM is equal to %A_ScriptDir% only in My radial menus.ahk (not in other files in My codes folder and Radial menu.ahk)

But if you would like to have variable RM equal to %A_ScriptDir% in all files located in My codes folder and Radial menu.ahk, all you have to do is to put RM := A_ScriptDir one line above RMApp_AutoExecute() in Radial menu.ahk.

I'd like to have a button (maybe Cmd) to start up the next item so you don't have to go into notepad and add a blank.

Maybe I don't understand you well, but if you want to add blank item, click in the center of menu and drag it to position you want - as demonstrated in quick tutorial video.

no matter what i drag there it .exe .pptx .txt it doesnt update anything

Hmm, that's strange - it works for me and others too. You'll have to answer a few questions;
- What OS are you using?
- Are you dragging files from Windows Explorer or Desktop to RMD (while in graphics view)?
- Run code below and drag files on GUI. Does MsgBox show full path of file you dragged on GUI?
Gui, 1:+AlwaysOnTop
Gui, 1:Add, Text, x5 y5 w150 h100, Drag file here
Gui, 1:Show, w160 h110, Test
return

GuiClose:
ExitApp

GuiDropFiles:
Gui, 1:+OwnDialogs
StringSplit, File, A_GuiEvent, `n	; operate just on File1
MsgBox, %File1%
return

This can be run off a USB stick...

Yes, of course.

If I run it on linux from a usb stick, do you think it would work?

I never tried that, but it wouldn't work on Linux because AutoHotkey is made for and works on Windows.

I have a question about use on multiple monitors. It would be nice if possible for items launched via Radial Menu to launch on the monitor that Radial Menu is accessed from. I don't know if this is in any way possible since I imagine AutoHotKey appears to use Shell to launch apps but if it is, I think it would be a great enhancement.

I don't have any experience with multiple monitors, so unfortunately, I can't give you ready solution. But if AutoHotKey_L can do what you want, Radial menu can do it too - items in RM are like (graphical) hotkeys in AHK.

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts
:idea: AutoHotkey_L 1.1.04.00 broke compatibility with Radial menu v4, RM2module, and Radial menu designer.
Fortunately, it wasn't too hard to modify codes, so now I have all of them working on AutoHotkey_L 1.1.04.00. Updates will be released soon.

BamBam4275
  • Members
  • 33 posts
using windows 7 OS 64 bit and dragging from explorer windows (folders , files , exe, etc...)

yes it shows c:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe when i run that code

it shows the full path for everything i drop in there

also once radial menu is running i lose the functionality to shift right click any icon and run as DIFFERENT USER which is essential for my job ;(

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts

using windows 7 OS 64 bit

Unfortunately, I don't have Win7 so I can't test RMD there... I tested it on WinXP and Vista, and it works fine. Nobody reported problems on Win7 so far...

@all: Has anybody except mhindman tested Radial menu designer (RMD) on Windows 7? Does it work fine or not?

also once radial menu is running i lose the functionality to shift right click any icon and run as DIFFERENT USER which is essential for my job ;(

Shift + right click should work normally... Maybe there is collision between RM and some other program/script that are using RButton hotkey at the same time? All I can do for now is to suggest you to change RMShowHotkey in General settings.

ironcates
  • Members
  • 32 posts
  • Last active: Oct 14 2013 02:32 PM
Works for me on win 7.

BamBam4275
  • Members
  • 33 posts
No it works normally but in the list under Run As Administrator should be Run as a Different User...

Whem RM is running that is not in the list...