Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

RADIAL MENU scripts - updated 11.03.2014.

• Please log in to reply
1189 replies to this topic
BamBam4275
  • Members
  • 33 posts
  • Last active: Aug 01 2013 05:44 PM
Edit: sorry edited this question since i joined the IRC channel and was guided to the built in stuff that _L has and this is the working test script lines now :)

pwb := ComObjCreate("ADSystemInfo")
LDAPUsr := ComObjGet("LDAP://" pwb.UserName)
MsgBox % LDAPUsr.physicalDeliveryOfficeName
MsgBox % LDAPUsr.sAMAccountName
MsgBox % LDAPUsr.department
MsgBox % LDAPUsr.mail

Below this line is the ORIG POST

If RM is just a renamed version of AutoHotKey_L why does it not have COM support? AutoHotKey_L lets me call COM stuff based on what sean contributed and was put into _L release some time ago. But RM doesnt like it at all :(

For instance im running the latest version of hotkey and i have autohotkey toolkit (to test code quickly) it has the live code window and if i paste the code there it works... but in my functions it doesnt. I have gone as far as putting the whole com.ahk file into my functions still with no luck?

any ideas?

below code works in live code window of the toolkit

#Include *i c:\users\mjhindma\documents\utils\radial menu v4\My Codes\com.ahk ; COM bullshit that wont work

MsgBox %A_ScriptDir%
MsgBox %A_AHKPath%
COM_CoInitialize()
oInfo:=COM_CreateObject("ADSystemInfo")
LDAPUsr:=COM_GetObject("LDAP://" UserName:=COM_Invoke(oInfo,"UserName"))
MsgBox % COM_Invoke(LDAPUsr,"physicalDeliveryOfficeName")
MsgBox % COM_Invoke(LDAPUsr,"sAMAccountName")
MsgBox % COM_Invoke(LDAPUsr,"department")
MsgBox % COM_Invoke(LDAPUsr,"mail")
MsgBox % UserName
COM_CoUninitialize()

if i put that include in Radial menu.ahk

and that code in a function in my functions.ahk

i get the following instead of success

Function Name: "UserName"
ERROR: The COM Object may not be a valid Dispatch Object!
First ensure that COM Library has been initialized through COM_Init(). () Will Continue? YES OR NO

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1435 posts
  • Last active: Apr 21 2014 12:41 PM
ComObjCreate("SAPI.SpVoice").Speak("I'm glad you solved problem. By the way, I'm using COM with Radial menu every day.",0x0)
:wink:

serenityjazz
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Hello,

Good to see you again, can you (or someone else) give me help, i'm sure it 's easy for you

Is it possible to center the context sensitive menu ? I can't find option like (ContextsensitiveMenuShowPos= center) in general settings or skin settings ?

Is it possible to have a fixed MenuBack size for both Radial menu and context sensitive ? I have put a 1920x1080 png for MenuBackSize in order to feet my screen ?

Here a screenshot of my desktop with context sensitve in first plan:
Posted Image

Why when i call RM from my joystick(simulate keyboard and mouse), it don't appear ?

[/img]

randomguy
  • Members
  • 89 posts
  • Last active: Today, 07:42 PM
can RM remembers that I turned off the sound after restart? can you make it do?

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1435 posts

Is it possible to center the context sensitive menu ? I can't find option like (ContextsensitiveMenuShowPos= center) in general settings or skin settings ?

Yes it is. Example;
RMApp_MyRMHandler2(56,"","","",A_ScreenWidth/2,A_ScreenHeight/2)	; shows menu number 56 on the center of the screen, gets selected item and executes item action if something was selected.
In upcoming update, RMApp_MyRMHandler2(56,"","","","center") will be valid too.

can RM remembers that I turned off the sound after restart? can you make it do?

Yes it can. Open RM\Menu definitions\General settings.txt. Find line Sounds = 1 and replace it with Sounds = 0. Also read RM help please - that's explained therein.

:idea: I recently switched to Windows 7. Navigator doesn't work as expected in Win7's Windows explorer because Microsoft replaced address bar with ToolbarWindow322 control, and after user clicks on it, than Edit1 control is displayed. There are also some other little changes. For those who can't wait for official update which will make Navigator work fine in Win7, Vista, XP, add those 3 functions in RM\Internal\Codes\RMApp lib.ahk, and replace old RM\Internal\Codes\Navigator - control handler.ahk with new one, which also has much more comments inside than old one. This is still work in progress, so it may be changed later, in official RM4 update, but it seems to work fine so far.

randomguy
  • Members
  • 89 posts
thank you. didnt know that ;) I had to rename the sound folder :lol:

randomguy
  • Members
  • 89 posts
radial menu doesnt seem to work in the context of remote computer connections (team viewer) or shared mouse/keyboard via network (synergy),

although I have disabled the radial menu of the server (master controller) so that it doesnt sprung up 2 menus (theoretically 1 in the controller computer 1 in the controlled computer, both with RM installed), RM still doesnt work on the client computer anyhow.

normal (directly) connected mouse still works fine.is there a way to fix this?

serenityjazz
  • Guests
  • Last active:

Yes it is. Example; Code:
RMApp_MyRMHandler2(56,"","","",A_ScreenWidth/2,A_ScreenHeight/2) ; shows menu number 56 on the center of the screen, gets selected item and executes item action if something was selected.

Thanks Learning one it works great !

RM seems to work only with my mouse hotkeys, when i try to active it with a script who simulate the mouse hotkeys (MouseClickDrag) it doesn't appear...

gemisigo
  • Members
  • 89 posts
  • Last active: Oct 14 2013 09:15 PM
In the last few days (approx. two weeks) RM started to frequently loose its grip on RMShowHotkey, mouse gestures and context sensitive menu hotkeys. When I start RM it works for a while but then it suddenly stops processing them. Not only the menus do not get shown, even the cursor is not relocated at the center of the menu. All the other hotkeys are functioning properly.

Any ideas on the cause of this malfunction?

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1435 posts
@randomguy: I never tried to do that, so I have no experience in this area. I'll try to guess what could fix this. Open General settings.txt, and set RMSelectMethod = click and RMShowMethod = 0. Try it now. You could also try changing RMShowHotkey, for example: RMShowHotkey = F3. More info about those settings in RM help.

@serenityjazz: RM works with both mouse and keyboard hotkeys. Examples are in RM help - look for RMShowHotkey description. I don't understand why do you want use MouseClickDrag in other script to simulate
showing RM.

@gemisigo: It works fine for me and others... I could only guess what could cause problems on your system.
[*:1nd0yc1v]High CPU load - during High CPU load, most of apps won't respond properly
[*:1nd0yc1v]Antivirus - maybe your antivirus is causing problems...
[*:1nd0yc1v]RM filled with badly written custom codes, or badly modified internal codes. Everybody can add his custom codes in RM. Everybody can modify RM's internal codes. It's possible that coder who did it doesn't have appropriate skills, so he messed things up.
[*:1nd0yc1v]Collision with other programs. Maybe hotkeys from some other program are in collision with RMShowHotkey. Try to change your hotkeys...Gemisigo, btw, I recently switched to Windows 7, and after resuming from hibernation, I'm experiencing the same thing you described here. It looks it's Windows 7's or drivers fault. There are a few ways how to fix this, but I'm not happy with none of them. The problem is presented here. I haven't yet decided what I will do with it.

Gesb
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I use a joystick as a mouse http://www.autohotke... ... kMouse.htm but I can't display RM menus by a joystick. Is there any way to fix this?

gemisigo
  • Members
  • 89 posts

@gemisigo: It works fine for me and others... I could only guess what could cause problems on your system.

It was working for me as well. Something has gone haywire.

[*:2vccxk8x]High CPU load - during High CPU load, most of apps won't respond properly

No, the CPU load is fine and the hotkeys are working. Except those responsible for triggering context sensitive menus and RMShowHotkey.

[*:2vccxk8x]Antivirus - maybe your antivirus is causing problems...

No changes here. I'm using ESS at home and Kaspersky at the office. The problem is present at both places.

[*:2vccxk8x]Collision with other programs. Maybe hotkeys from some other program are in collision with RMShowHotkey. Try to change your hotkeys...

The issue is not related to starting new programs, it just happens randomly, out of the blue. There are a few new applications installed but those are not running all the time. RM works for a while after reloading and then it suddenly does not. Sometimes it works flawlessly for hours, sometimes it stops after 10 minutes. No new programs started or closed in between.

[*]RM filled with badly written custom codes, or badly modified internal codes. Everybody can add his custom codes in RM. Everybody can modify RM's internal codes. It's possible that coder who did it doesn't have appropriate skills, so he messed things up.

Possible, though I'm aware of not having the appropriate skills for modifying internal codes alone, hence I'm not messing with those :wink: I haven't changed anything in them lately and the only changes I made were those suggested by you. And RM was working properly for weeks after that. So no intentional changes might be the cause.
There might be one thing. Though it is highly unlikely (no such errors happened before). I synchronize RM between home and workplace through Dropbox. A system crash I had somewhere around Christmas might have corrupted some files. It did screw some system files and I'm still working on repairing those but the system is up and running. If it nailed some RM internal files too, those were synchronized to the other machine. I'm experiencing the problem on both, so this could be an explanation. However, the chance of RM (or any ahk scripts) being able to run with the corrupted file(s) without showing some error messages is very low and no errors were reported by chkdsk. I'll do a clean install tomorrow and compare internal codes. Might reveal something useful.

Gemisigo, btw, I recently switched to Windows 7, and after resuming from hibernation, I'm experiencing the same thing you described here. It looks it's Windows 7's or drivers fault. There are a few ways how to fix this, but I'm not happy with none of them. The problem is presented here. I haven't yet decided what I will do with it.

Well, at least I know I'm not alone. Is there anything I can help you with (testing, etc.)?

randomguy
  • Members
  • 89 posts
[quote name="Learning one"]@randomguy: I never tried to do that, so I have no experience in this area. I'll try to guess what could fix this. Open General settings.txt, and set RMSelectMethod = click and RMShowMethod = 0. Try it now. You could also try changing RMShowHotkey, for example: RMShowHotkey = F3. More info about those settings in RM help.

tried the above and no luck. I'll study the help now.

gemisigo
  • Members
  • 89 posts

I'll do a clean install tomorrow and compare internal codes. Might reveal something useful.

Nop, no helpful information provided by the comparison :(

ulmuchiha
  • Members
  • 100 posts
  • Last active: Mar 24 2012 02:34 AM
How do I make it open a script instead of running it?