Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

RADIAL MENU scripts - migrated to new forum

• Please log in to reply
1310 replies to this topic
eyeofish
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Jan 22 2012 02:19 PM
Hi, all!

Learning one,
it's great application, thank you and everyone who support this project development!

I'm using it on my tablet, and Radial Menu is the best app for it.

tsenlaw,
It's great idea to use context-sensitive menus with submenus. So, do you know how "make a little bit "advanced" function and use it as item action":)?

Apologize, for my english, guys :).

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts
  • Last active: Jan 02 2016 02:30 PM
@Gesb: I don't have a joystick, so I'm unable to do tests, but try putting RMApp_RMShowHotkey() in ButtonRight subroutine.
@gemisigo: I did what I could. Thanks for testing offer. Currently, I don't have nothing to test.
@randomguy: I'm unable to do a test and reproduce your problem. I hope you'll find solution.
@ulmuchiha: Example: Action= edit C:\My script.ahk. Btw, that's written in RM help, Item Action possibilities heading.
@eyeofish: Hi, I'm glad you like it. :)

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts
Radial menu application updated to v4.33
[*:m1ucpdej]for RM v4.32 users: Follow this steps: 1) Download Update to RM v4.33 and unzip it. 2) manually delete old Navigator - control handler.ahk located in RM\Internal\Codeas and replace it with new one which you'll find in Update to RM v4.33 folder. 3) Click on Update to RM v4.33.exe. It will leave your Icons, My codes, Utilities, Radial menu.ahk and Menu definitions as they are.
[*:m1ucpdej]for new users: Download Radial menu v4.33
What's new in v4.33 compared to v4.32?
[*:m1ucpdej]upgraded Navigator engine - now it works on Windows 7, Vista and XP.
[*:m1ucpdej]includes newest AutoHotkey_L 1.1.05.06
[*:m1ucpdej]includes newest RM2module. For details, see below
[*:m1ucpdej]RMApp_AutoExecute() now accepts optional options object, which can contain two keys as options. Example (not recommended!): if you open Radial menu.ahk and replace RMApp_AutoExecute() with RMApp_AutoExecute({SplashScreen: 0, TurnOffRM2module: 0}) than RM will not display "Loading Radial menu ..." on start-up, and will not automatically turn RM2module off when RMApp_AutoExecute ends - so user will have to turn it off later in the code.
[*:m1ucpdej]by default, in RMD, %A_UserName% will not stay variable - it will be replaced with UserName itself. If someone doesn't like that, open RM\Internal\Codes\RMD.ahk, and change MenuOptions line as described here.
[*:m1ucpdej]updated RM help - now it contains instructions how to have 64-bit Radial menu (default is 32-bit), and other new info too.
[*:m1ucpdej]In RMApp_MyRMHandler2(), ShowPosX parameter now can be "center" to display additional radial menu on the center of the screen (not under mouse). More info here.
[*:m1ucpdej]other internal things not relevant for userNote for those who modified RMApp lib.ahk: updater will ask you do you want to create RMApp lib.ahk backup. If you modified original RMApp lib.ahk, it's recommended to choose YES. If you didn't, click NO.

See also:
- RM v4.00 --> v4.01 changes
- RM v4.01 --> v4.20 changes
- RM v4.20 --> v4.25 changes
- RM v4.25 --> v4.26 changes
- RM v4.26 --> v4.27 changes
- RM v4.27 --> v4.29 changes
- RM v4.29 --> v4.30 changes
- RM v4.30 --> v4.31 changes
- RM v4.31 --> v4.32 changes

RM2module updated to v2.15
What's new in RM2module v2.15?
[*:m1ucpdej]in RM2_On() function, last optional parameter GDI=1 is removed. So now GDI+ on/off logic when calling RM2_On() and RM2_Off() functions is changed; When user calls RM2_On() function, it checks was GDI+ initialized or not. If GDI+ is not initialized, than RM2_On() automatically calls Gdip_Startup(), stores pToken in RM2_Reg("pToken"), and calling RM2_Off() will automatically call Gdip_Shutdown(). If GDI+ was initialized, than RM2_On() will not call Gdip_Startup() again, and calling RM2_Off() will not call Gdip_Shutdown(), so user will have to call it himself.
[*:m1ucpdej]StartX parameter in RM2_GetSelectedItem() function now can be "Center" or "c"
[*:m1ucpdej]other internal things not relevant for user______________________________________________

Special notes for some users.
@gemisigo: I remember that you wanted to create/re-create/update radial menus on the fly, and I said to you that you'll have to modify internal codes - RMApp lib.ahk, in a way that you'll have to comment line RM2_Off() and than later in the code turn it off. In newest update, you don't have to modify internal codes like that. In Radial menu.ahk, just replace RMApp_AutoExecute() with RMApp_AutoExecute({TurnOffRM2module: 0}), and of course, than you'll have to call RM2_Off() later in the code, for example in RMApp_OnExit subroutine. Understand that this will cause RM to consme more RAM while running. And btw, I still haven't decided what I'll do with after resuming from hibernation issue.

@BamBam4275 (previously mhindman): Here you explained that you don't like the fact that RMD replaces the %A_UserName% with the username itself instead of keeping it a variable. In RMD update after that, I made it work like you requested. But in newest update, I turned it back to original, which you'll probably won't like but here's how you can make it work according to your wishes by changing RMD's options without need to modify its internal codes. Open RM\Internal\Codes\RMD.ahk, and change MenuOptions line as described here.

gemisigo
  • Members
  • 94 posts
  • Last active: Apr 02 2015 02:36 PM
Hi, Learning one!

[*]updated RM help - now it contains instructions how to have 64-bit Radial menu (default is 32-bit), and other new info too.

I followed the steps in the help to switch to 64-bit and while most of the things work properly, RMD does not. The GUI is loaded, I can open files and edit them in text mode but neither left nor right clicking the menu items does anything. Could you check this, please?

By the way, I haven't experienced the "resume from hibernation" error lately, that faulty driver (whichever it was) might have been fixed.

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts

I followed the steps in the help to switch to 64-bit and while most of the things work properly, RMD does not.

You are right. :oops: I haven't tested this case. :oops: So RM itself is 64-bit ready, but RMD isn't yet. I'll have to adapt all DllCall's, NumGet's, NumPut's and make them compatible with both 32-bit and 64-bit ... That's not an easy job. It may take a long time until I do it. Until than, you could:
[*:cxdfoqo0]switch back to 32-bit version (btw, I'm running 32-bit RM on 64-bit Win7 all the time), or
[*:cxdfoqo0]keep 64-bit RM, but #Include 32-bit compatible Gdip.ahk in RM\Internal\Codes\RMD.ahk, and always run RMD.ahk with 32-bit AutoHotkey_L

I haven't experienced the "resume from hibernation" error lately, that faulty driver (whichever it was) might have been fixed.

Nice to hear that! :) What did you do?

gemisigo
  • Members
  • 94 posts

[*]keep 64-bit RM, but #Include 32-bit compatible Gdip.ahk in RM\Internal\Codes\RMD.ahk, and always run RMD.ahk with 32-bit AutoHotkey_L

Okay, I did that. It seems to be working now, thanks.

Nice to hear that! :) What did you do?

Two things. First of all, I'm not using hibernation on my home system anymore :) I simply put it into sleep mode. And I've switched from 32bit Win 7 Pro to 64bit Win 7 Pro at my workplace, re-installed most of the apps and drivers from scratch. The system is only about a month old so I can't say for sure it's gone but I haven't met that error yet.

By the way, the issue of not responding to RMShowHotkey or mouse gestures seems to be history as well.

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts
I updated RM help with info that 64-bit Radial menu application is not completely ready yet. For those who downloaded Update to RM v4.33 or Radial menu v4.33 before this post, here's updated RM help.
Thanks to gemisigo for 64-bit report.

the issue of not responding to RMShowHotkey or mouse gestures seems to be history as well.

Great!

serenityjazz
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Thanks for update Learningone,

I've try navigator it's very cool features but i've a bug.. when my webrowser(opera) is open navigator work with it and open a tab inside too..

serenityjazz
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Learningone wrote:

-> I don't understand why do you want use MouseClickDrag in other script to simulate
showing RM.

I just try for many weeks to active RM and context sensitive menu through both my mouse hotkeys and wireless joystick(or remote control).
To do that i run an another script that rebind all my joystick button for simulate mouse clicks and moves;-)

ex: my hotkey for context sensitive menu is set to X1 Button of my mouse...
my Joy4 button of the joystick(or remote control) is set to simulate the X1 button of my mouse...
when i press joy4 to bring my context sensitive up my web browser return to the previous page and don't show RM menu

Sorry for my bad expression i want to be the most cleanest possible cause it is very important for me to don't have a mouse near me when i'm sitting far from my mouse on the sofa

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts

I've try navigator it's very cool features but i've a bug.. when my webrowser(opera) is open navigator work with it and open a tab inside too..

No, it's not a bug. Navigator is not designed to navigate to web pages in your web browser, but to navigate to folders that you often use - it's designed to work in Windows explorer, My Computer, and in other standard Open, Save, Export, Import, Upload, Select (etc.) dialog windows. For more info, read Navigator heading in RM help. If you want to use it to navigate to web sites in web browsers, you'll have to 1) use fun prefix and make your custom function, or 2) modify internal codes.

I just try for many weeks to active RM and context sensitive menu through both my mouse hotkeys and wireless joystick(or remote control).

I don't have a joystick, nor don't know how your joystick-->mouse script looks like, so I'm unable to do tests, but try putting RMApp_RMShowHotkey() in a function or subroutine that fires when you press joystick button. It's responsible for detecting mouse gestures, showing RM's main menu (profile), etc. For context sensitive menus, call RMApp_MyRMHandler2(), as explained in RM help and in RM\My codes\My radial menus.ahk. Setting RMSelectMethod to click in RM\Menu definitions\General settings.txt may help too.

serenityjazz
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Thank you for the answers..

I badly expressed myself about the RMnavigator's behavior, so i try again:

My Internet browser (Opéra) is able to opening directories inside his tabs... So when I browse my favourites folders with the RMnavigator it works well but it also opens the directories in my Internet browser..

Serenityjazz
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I found a solution to show RM menu with my joystick:

I've put this code in MyHotkeys.ahk (don't forget to create menu before in MyRadialMenu.ahk)

Joy12::

IfWinActive, ahk_class REAPERwnd

MenuToShow := 56

else

IfWinActive, ahk_class CabinetWClass

MenuToShow := 59

else

IfWinActive, ahk_class OperaWindowClass

MenuToShow := 51

RMApp_MyRMHandler2(MenuToShow,"","","",A_ScreenWidth/2,A_ScreenHeight/2)

return

It work like a charm!

But!.. only with context sensitif menu

How to show RM main menu ??

I've try to put this Joy2::RMApp_MyRMHandler() but it doesn't work.. and i don't know the gui number for Main menu..? wher i can find it ?

I've also try this Joy2::MouseClick M,,, D and much more combination but in vain...

loopdesign
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Feb 27 2012 03:26 PM
Thank you very much Learning One, this is exactly what I'm looking for!
It's simply great.
I'm not an expert in programming, so I'm going to study your instructions from the Help, and I've already customized your program to most of my needs.
But there is a simple thing that actually I still haven't understood: I need to launch commands to the software that I'm using, through some already prepared shortcuts inside the software, like ctrl-w, ctrl-alt-a, etc. (I have many of them). I would prepare some Items from a submenu to launch that commands.
Can someone help me writing an example of what I need, to do that? A script, a function, or just an action.

Sorry for my English and for my poor preparation...

gemisigo
  • Members
  • 94 posts
It seems that I'll have to revert to 32-bit RM. I downloaded fincs' 64-bit GDI+ and everything appeared to be safe and sound. But...

You had this nice little utility called Screen clipping.ahk. I fetched SelectArea function. Er... :oops: I hope you don't mind that altered it a bit to suit my needs (it saves screen and window relative coordinates of the selected area). I put the whole thing into My functions and added the following code to My hotkeys:

^MButton::
	Area := SelectArea("cLime msw")
	StringSplit, scc, Area, |, %A_Space%%A_Tab%

pCapturedBitmap := Gdip_BitmapFromScreen(Area)
	Gdip_SetBitmapToClipboard(pCapturedBitmap)
	Gdip_SaveBitmapToFile(pCapturedBitmap, captured_screen_file)

Gdip_DisposeImage(pCapturedBitmap)

Gui, captured_image: +LastFound +AlwaysOnTop +Labelcaptured_image_on +ToolWindow
	sx := scc1 - 3, sy := scc2 - 21
	Gui, captured_image: Add, Picture, x0 y0 gcaptured_image_clicked, %captured_screen_file%
	Gui, captured_image: Show, x%sx% y%sy% w%scc3% h%scc4% 

return

I recently discovered that though it retained its main functionality (that is, saving the file and showing the captured screen part in a tool window), it no longer puts a copy of it on the Clipboard.

serenityjazz
  • Guests
  • Last active:

I need to launch commands to the software that I'm using, through some already prepared shortcuts inside the software, like ctrl-w, ctrl-alt-a, etc. (I have many of them). I would prepare some Items from a submenu to launch that commands.
Can someone help me writing an example of what I need, to do that? A script, a function, or just an action.

Hello loopdesign,

Be patient cause RM need a little moment for learning but you will be propably addict like me! read the docs they are made well...

I'm not an expert so maybe someone could correct my says

If i understand you want to send shortcuts to your app ?.. Context sensitive is the best way for that, after little configuration you will obtain a menu that can bring up your app's choices.It will contain items that can send shortcuts to your app..

The concept is to:

1 - create a function in "My functions.ahk" that use send command
2 - create a menu with Radial Menu Designer that contain items who call your function
3 - Load your menu in "My radial menus.ahk"
4 - Create a hotkey in My "hotkeys.ahk" that can show context-sensitive menu to specified apps

------------------

1 -

Send(What) { 
   Send, %What% 
}

2 - You already know that..!?

3 - It's an example:

RMApp_LoadMenu(59, RM "\Menu definitions\Context-sensitive\Explorer.txt")

4 -

XButton1::

IfWinActive, ahk_class REAPERwnd

else

IfWinActive, ahk_class CabinetWClass

RMApp_MyRMHandler2(MenuToShow)

return

Someone can tell if i'm wrong cause i must say that i don't understand all i'm writing, but you are know ready to test this wonderful feature!!

Ps: Sorry for bad english