Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

RADIAL MENU scripts - migrated to new forum

• Please log in to reply
1310 replies to this topic
Guest Today
  • Guests
  • Last active:

Well I couldn't find how to start RMD.

Select Menu control submenu and than Radial menu designer item.

I was able to drag an item to RMD but I had to reload RM for it to show up on the menu. Is that by design?

Yes. When you want changes to take effect, you have to reload RM.

it acts like I clicked on AutoHotkey.exe and asks me if I want to create a sample script.

Here's a quick fix: Open RM\Internal\Codes\RMApp lib.ahk, go to line 560, and replace this line: Run, %file%, %dir% with this: Run, %ItemAction%

I am not using unicode. That is why I downloaded the exe.

Can I still edit the RMApp.ahk and save it?

ulmuchiha
  • Members
  • 100 posts
  • Last active: Mar 24 2012 02:34 AM
I'm sorry but, could you be more specific?
I don't really get it.
Using what you told to that other guy, I know how to use a different hotkey for the same radial menu, but not for a new one.

comvox
  • Members
  • 143 posts
  • Last active: Jan 29 2017 06:53 AM
@ulmuchiha: Does Learning one's post "About opening additional radial menus by using mouse gestures." at http://www.autohotke...645.html#485029 deal with what you are trying to do?

@Learning one:Thank you very much for the code modifications to allow combining the "center" option with moving the cursor to the center! It works great!

Guest Today
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I really really like Radial Menu, but I have a big problem with it.

I routinely have two explorer windows open and I select 1 or more files and then I right click and drag the selected files to another window. Then I release the right button and choose copy or move. RM prevents that.

I know it has been asked for before and I know it won't happen but having a simple hotkey or system tray menu to open RM for 10 seconds would be nice.

I think I will continue using RM but I will have to modify my way of copying and moving files between folders.

I can select the files, then either right click and cut or right click and copy, then paste them in the other window.

OR

I can suspend RM, do my file copying then un-suspend RM.

thanks for RM. It is a great program.

serenityjazz
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Maybe you can try this

In the RM's doc you can read: ("Black list.ahk" allows you to temporary disable RMShowHotkey while certain windows are active)

Put this line in Black list.ahk

GroupAdd, RMApp_BlackListWinGroup, ahk_class CabinetWClass

gemisigo
  • Members
  • 94 posts
  • Last active: Apr 02 2015 02:36 PM
@Guest Today:

I know it has been asked for before and I know it won't happen but having a simple hotkey or system tray menu to open RM for 10 seconds would be nice.

I suppose you want to suspend RM for 10 seconds, (but it's better to ask), right?

While my first idea was to suggest to start using modifier keys
SHIFT + left button drag&drop = move (default for files on the same partition, that is, they move with or without SHIFT)
CTRL + left button drag&drop = copy (default for files on different partitions, that is, they move with or without CTRL)
ALT + left button drag&drop = create shortcut/link

But then I thought you might want to stay pure mouse only. I guess what you need is to temporarily disable RM until the next use of the right mouse button (plus a few seconds after, just in case). You can create a mouse gesture to achieve this. I attached mine to Up-Left-Down because I rarely use it but any of them could do. Here is the script (just put it into My mouse gestures.ahk, save & reload).

MG_ULD()
{	
	old_title_match_mode := A_TitleMatchMode
	old_detect_hidden_windows := A_DetectHiddenWindows

SetTitleMatchMode, 2
	DetectHiddenWindows, On
	if WinExist("Radial menu - message receiver ahk_class AutoHotkeyGUI")
	{
		SendMessage, 0x1001, 50, 0
		ToolTip, ShowHotkey disabled until the next RMB 
		KeyWait, RButton, D
		Sleep, 2000
			SendMessage, 0x1001, 51, 0
		ToolTip
	}
	DetectHiddenWindows, %old_detect_hidden_windows%
	SetTitleMatchMode, %old_title_match_mode%	
}

@Learning one: Yes, I've already done that but thanks for your brief tutorial anyway.

serenityjazz
  • Guests
  • Last active:
@Learning one

Thanks it works great!!

asker
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I am experimenting with context sensitivity. In the example in the help file the context sensitive menus show when you press F3. Is it possible to show them without pressing a hotkey. For example alsways show if paintwindow is active or mouse is hovering over a special control or, or, or...
I tried to put the code without defining a hotkey in the autoexecute section but that did not work. Any idea? :)

It was asked quite a time ago, but may you (Learningone) change plans and make it possible to change the profil in a context sensitive way? That would make thing easier for the average user and gives more flexibilities and possibilities. CPU power and RAM is not an issue, i guess. (Ignore the part, if you are thick of being asked those and similar questions).

Great script! Great work! Thank you very much for all you have done so far Learningone!

Guest Today
  • Guests
  • Last active:

@Guest Today:

I suppose you want to suspend RM for 10 seconds, (but it's better to ask), right?

While my first idea was to suggest to start using modifier keys
SHIFT + left button drag&drop = move (default for files on the same partition, that is, they move with or without SHIFT)
CTRL + left button drag&drop = copy (default for files on different partitions, that is, they move with or without CTRL)
ALT + left button drag&drop = create shortcut/link

But then I thought you might want to stay pure mouse only. I guess what you need is to temporarily disable RM until the next use of the right mouse button (plus a few seconds after, just in case). You can create a mouse gesture to achieve this. I attached mine to Up-Left-Down because I rarely use it but any of them could do. Here is the script (just put it into My mouse gestures.ahk, save & reload).

MG_ULD()
{	
	old_title_match_mode := A_TitleMatchMode
	old_detect_hidden_windows := A_DetectHiddenWindows

SetTitleMatchMode, 2
	DetectHiddenWindows, On
	{
		SendMessage, 0x1001, 50, 0
		ToolTip, ShowHotkey disabled until the next RMB 
		KeyWait, RButton, D
		Sleep, 2000
			SendMessage, 0x1001, 51, 0
		ToolTip
	}
	DetectHiddenWindows, %old_detect_hidden_windows%
	SetTitleMatchMode, %old_title_match_mode%	
}

@Learning one: Yes, I've already done that but thanks for your brief tutorial anyway.

Brilliant.......Using mouse gestures to disable RM until next right mouse button works great.

thanks very much

comvox
  • Members
  • 143 posts
  • Last active: Jan 29 2017 06:53 AM

In the example in the help file the context sensitive menus show when you press F3. Is it possible to show them without pressing a hotkey. For example always show if paintwindow is active or mouse is hovering over a special control or, or, or...

Example 8 gives context-sensitive "docks", which show without pressing a hotkey whenever a certain program is active. Of course, one has to select a dock to get the associated menu....

ulmuchiha
  • Members
  • 100 posts
  • Last active: Mar 24 2012 02:34 AM

@ulmuchiha: Does Learning one's post "About opening additional radial menus by using mouse gestures." at http://www.autohotke...645.html#485029 deal with what you are trying to do?

I want to use another mouse button, not mouse gestures of the same mouse button. I also want a regular radial menu, not a context sensitive one.

asker
  • Guests
  • Last active:
@comvox: Thanks for your quick answer. I used that example, but would like to have all in one thing. In other words I want to manage all things in RM4 and not work with a second tool (RM).

Anyway, i am glad, that Learningone created RM4 and RM! Thank you again for your time!

loopdesign
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Feb 27 2012 03:26 PM
@serenityjazz: sorry for the big late, but thank you for your help! I had to suspend my tests for travelling problems, but now I'll try your solution!

@Learning one: thank you as well! I'm going to test everything, now I'm sure I can find a solution!

@loopdesign: Hi, I'm glad you like it. Smile Serenityjazz gave a good answer to your question, but I'll repeat;
If you want to I send shortcuts to active window by selecting RM item (like Control + w, Control + a, etc.), do the following;
Open RM\My codes\My functions.ahk, put function below inside and save it.
Code:
Send(What) {
Send, %What%
}
Now, if you want that selecting RM item sends;
• Control + w to active window, specify Action= fun Send|^w as item action
• Control + a to active window, specify Action= fun Send|^a as item action
• Control + Alt +a to active window, specify Action= fun Send|^!a as item action
• etc.
For more info, read RM help --> Item Action possibilities --> Executing functions, and about AHK's Send command.

gemisigo
  • Members
  • 94 posts
  • Last active: Apr 02 2015 02:36 PM

Tip: If you have XButton1 on your mouse, it may be the perfect hotkey for calling context-sensitive radial menus. Note that item's submenus can be specified, but will be ignored.

Is there any specific reason for ignoring submenus on context-sensitive radial menus?

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts
  • Last active: Jan 02 2016 02:30 PM

[*:3gghni7h]Thanks for kind words, and thanks to all who are giving user to user support - it's always more than a welcome.
[*:3gghni7h]The number of requests and questions about RM is constantly increasing. I realized that I'm spending too much time writing various examples & explanations, and simply need some rest from this thread. Don't worry I'm not abandoning RM, I'll just take a vacation. ;)Posted Image