Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

RADIAL MENU scripts - migrated to new forum

• Please log in to reply
1310 replies to this topic
strobo
  • Members
  • 359 posts
  • Last active: Mar 10 2015 08:13 PM

I'm not sure if it's a new typo or if I just noticed it now, but apparently radial menu can use us.

HUMANCENTiPAD

Regards,
Babba

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts
  • Last active: Jan 02 2016 02:30 PM

I'm not sure if it's a new typo or if I just noticed it now, but apparently Radial menu can use us.

As the author of Radial menu, I'm reserving all my rights, but I'm temporary allowing that Radial menu can use any person that agrees on all terms in this license.

03094643264721975.jpg
>> You are all controlled by Radial menu now. Resistance is futile <<

Hahahah - just kidding tongue.png - although I'm the lawyer, please note that I'm not native english speaker and that's why sometimes I don't express myself on the best way... sad.png  Is this more appropriate (english sentence)? :
1) As the author of Radial menu, I'm reserving all my rights, but I'm temporary allowing that any person that agrees on all terms in this license can use Radial menu.
or this:
2) As the author of Radial menu, I'm reserving all my rights, but I'm temporary allowing that Radial menu can be used by any person that agrees on all terms in this license.

My Website • Recommended: AutoHotkey Unicode 32-bit • Join DropBox, Copy

gemisigo
  • Members
  • 94 posts
  • Last active: Apr 02 2015 02:36 PM

03094643264721975.jpg
>> You are all controlled by Radial menu now. Resistance is futile <<

Tell us something we didn't know tongue.png  Now that it has been officially stated... Anyone willing to create a borg skin? Or LCARS?

I vote on the first one, complemented by using 'who' instead of 'that' when talking about a person and trying to match tenses by 'who's agreeing' instead of 'who agrees' (but I'm not native English speaker either, so I might err on those wink.png )

loumizhu
  • Members
  • 21 posts
  • Last active: Oct 25 2019 04:53 AM

i'm not english xpert but i think this is the right choice:

As the author of Radial menu, I'm reserving all my rights, but I'm temporary allowing that any person that agrees on all terms in this license to use Radial menu.

could u add "Hover" as a new way of selecting an item ( plus the release and click method)

the user will just move the cursor over the item to select it

and release to select for submenus

Moderated
  • Members
  • 124 posts
  • Last active: Aug 27 2015 04:01 PM

Hahahah - just kidding tongue.png - although I'm the lawyer, please note that I'm not native english speaker and that's why sometimes I don't express myself on the best way... sad.png  Is this more appropriate (english sentence)? :
1) As the author of Radial menu, I'm reserving all my rights, but I'm temporary allowing that any person that agrees on all terms in this license can use Radial menu.
or this:
2) As the author of Radial menu, I'm reserving all my rights, but I'm temporary allowing that Radial menu can be used by any person that agrees on all terms in this license.

Try this:As the author of Radial Menu, I am reserving all of my rights, but I'm temporarily allowing that Radial Menu can be used by any person that agrees on all terms in this license.

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts

Thanks for your replies. I'll "fix" the license in upcoming update with the following text:
As the author of Radial menu, I'm reserving all my rights, but I'm temporary allowing that any person who agrees on all terms in this license can use Radial menu.
of course, if Seven of Nine and her Borg friends allow me to do so... I hope it's not too late wink.png

>> Anyone willing to create a borg skin?
Hmmm... don't you think that would assimilate all of us ... wink.png

>> Could u add "Hover" as a new way of selecting an item
I'll think about it. That was suggested by HotKeyIt long time ago. Btw, there's one thing that might be interesting to you; Go to module Radial menus and docks (obsolete), download it, run Example 2 and press hotkey "2". That example shows "touch to select" method, which makes sense only in one-ring radial menus...

joefango
  • Members
  • 56 posts
  • Last active: Jan 20 2018 02:44 PM

Hello,

Is it possible to have "click method" to select items in context sensitive menu ?

I'm interested by "Example 8b AHK_L - Context-sensitive docks" do you have plan something to improve this ?

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts

Is it possible to have "click method" to select items in context sensitive menu ?

Sure. wink.png  This will show PaintRadialMenu in click to select mode ;
RMApp_MyRMHandler2("PaintRadialMenu", "c")
Second parameter determines select mode; "r" means "use release to select method", and "c" means "use click to select method". If omitted, "r" applies.

I'm interested by "Example 8b AHK_L - Context-sensitive docks" do you have plan something to improve this ?

I plan to improve everything. cool.png

joefango
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Thanks for reply, I stay connected! ;-)

Moderated
  • Members
  • 124 posts

What in the code would I have to change to make the radial menu appear at an offset from where it normally is? Basically I need to lower it because the virtual machine I'm using at school is move up or something so radial menu's center appears above the mouse and the mouse starts on one of my bottom shortcuts.

joefango
  • Members
  • 56 posts

What in the code would I have to change to make the radial menu appear at an offset from where it normally is? Basically I need to lower it because the virtual machine I'm using at school is move up or something so radial menu's center appears above the mouse and the mouse starts on one of my bottom shortcuts.

The help file say:

General settings

MainMenuShowPos. Main menu show position. Can be:

1. under mouse or blank          shows main menu under mouse
  2. center                                  shows main menu on the center of the screen
  3. x,y                                       shows main menu centred at x,y coordinates relative to screen

Wickster
  • Members
  • 97 posts
  • Last active: Jun 03 2019 03:24 AM

hey just thought id let you know that i got this when i restarted my computer:

49Zev.png

but when i go to download and install AHK for the new verison i get this :

49ZgX.png

so i know i have the most current version maybe something is wrong with ur AHK version check ?

Moderated
  • Members
  • 124 posts

The help file say:

General settings

MainMenuShowPos. Main menu show position. Can be:

1. under mouse or blank          shows main menu under mouse
  2. center                                  shows main menu on the center of the screen
  3. x,y                                       shows main menu centred at x,y coordinates relative to screen

I need it to be under mouse, but with an offset.

joefango
  • Members
  • 56 posts

I need it to be under mouse, but with an offset.

Ok, I didn't understand well... I can't help you for this

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts

Moderated:

What in the code would I have to change to make the radial menu appear at an offset from where it normally is? Basically I need to lower it...

You could use OnRMShowHotkey event, but this is simpler;
Open RMApp lib.ahk. Find those lines in the body of RMApp_RMShowHotkey() function:

if (MainMenuShowPos = "")
	RM2_Show(1, imx1, imy1)

Now, if you want to display radial menu for example 20 pixels lower, simply add +20 ;

if (MainMenuShowPos = "")
	RM2_Show(1, imx1, imy1+20)

Wickster:
Please read Checking for updates heading in RM help. When update says that AutoHotkey update is available, that means there is newer version available for .exe file which interprets Radial menu.ahk script, which can be: 1) Radial menu.exe or 2) installed AutoHotkey.exe or 3) some other exe file, depending on how you run RM.