Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Google translate in tooltip [Replaced by standalone app]

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic
tonne
  • Members
  • 1654 posts
  • Last active: May 06 2014 06:22 PM
Are the script file in UTF8?

Edit: I have a working v2a6 version (with some modifications).

sumon
  • Moderators
  • 1317 posts
  • Last active: Dec 05 2016 10:14 PM

Are the script file in UTF8?

Edit: I have a working v2a6 version (with some modifications).

Yes, and double checked now. I would be very happy if you could send me your version (PM or post), so I can verify it works for AHK_L before I make a remake from the bottom up for maximum user friendlyness.

tbv
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I'm trying to use this script for Chinese to Swedish, but the source language is not recognized, neither in traditional or simplified Chinese. Depending on which Chinese characters I highlight it will arbitrarily set the source to English, French, Italian, Spanish or whatever and then the tool tip just shows what seems to be the underlying code for the Chinese characters instead of the Swedish translation (eg, es>sv:m77Y16).

I'm using it with AHK_L using tonne's unicode modification. I may well have pasted that in the wrong place as I know nothing about scripting. However, testing it on English pages for translation into Swedish it works just fine, which makes me think that I have pasted tonne's modification in the right place.

It's a bummer. This would be such a cool and helpful tool. Can it be fixed?

sumon
  • Moderators
  • 1317 posts

I'm trying to use this script for Chinese to Swedish, but the source language is not recognized, neither in traditional or simplified Chinese. Depending on which Chinese characters I highlight it will arbitrarily set the source to English, French, Italian, Spanish or whatever and then the tool tip just shows what seems to be the underlying code for the Chinese characters instead of the Swedish translation (eg, es>sv:m77Y16).

I'm using it with AHK_L using tonne's unicode modification. I may well have pasted that in the wrong place as I know nothing about scripting. However, testing it on English pages for translation into Swedish it works just fine, which makes me think that I have pasted tonne's modification in the right place.

It's a bummer. This would be such a cool and helpful tool. Can it be fixed?

Since you are not an autohotkey user, I bet you would appreciate the .exe file atleast as much. This is an old version, but works.

Thanks for bumping the topic though, as I need to be reminded that "indeed, this is a useful tool" and make sure to make this better.

tbv
  • Guests
  • Last active:

Since you are not an autohotkey user, I bet you would appreciate the .exe file atleast as much. This is an old version, but works.

Thanks for bumping the topic though, as I need to be reminded that "indeed, this is a useful tool" and make sure to make this better.

Thanks! I never thought about compiling it to an exe file. I did, and it works splendidly. Thanks a lot to you, Mikhail Kuropyatnikov and Drini for this script. Makes life for me as a translator a lot easier.

sumon
  • Moderators
  • 1317 posts

Thanks! I never thought about compiling it to an exe file. I did, and it works splendidly. Thanks a lot to you, Mikhail Kuropyatnikov and Drini for this script. Makes life for me as a translator a lot easier.

Hehe, I acutally realized I forgot to link it, but I'm glad to hear you got it sorted. For future reference, the link is at <!-- m -->https://ahknet.autoh... ... nslate.exe<!-- m -->

If you would like to get contacted when I have made the update available, send me some contact info. I plan to make language switching aloot easier than now, for example.

Chicken Pie 4 Tea
  • Members
  • 379 posts
  • Last active: Dec 12 2014 06:46 PM
must be something about my system but the ahk or the exe version dont do anything. After setting the language you highlight some text and press Crtl C (twice)?
"Choose your parents wisely"

sumon
  • Moderators
  • 1317 posts

moet iets over mijn systeem, maar de AHK of het EXE-versie dont do anything worden. Na het instellen van de taal die u wijzen op enkele tekst en druk op Ctrl C (twee keer)?

That is correct. You must press Ctrl+C+C in rapid succession.

Dat is juist. U moet druk op Ctrl + C + C in snelle opeenvolging.

(Note to self: Remove the linebreaks after retrieving the Google translate response)

Chicken Pie 4 Tea
  • Members
  • 379 posts
  • Last active: Dec 12 2014 06:46 PM
oh well it's working now, I wasn't repeating quickly enough!
ach het nu werkt, ik was niet snel genoeg
herhalen

bye the way I can read Dutch too.
"Choose your parents wisely"

amnesiac
  • Members
  • 124 posts
  • Last active: May 01 2014 03:04 AM

The Google Translate API has been officially deprecated as of May 26, 2011. Due to the substantial economic burden caused by extensive abuse, the number of requests you may make per day will be limited and the API will be shut off completely on December 1, 2011. For website translations, we encourage you to use the Google Translate Element.

source: Google Offical

It's a pity!

Click to download Chinese resource for AutoHotkey.

Recommended: AutoHotkey_L My code is based on it or similar versions, e.g. AutoHotkey_H.
Together with AutoHotkey, we grow and march forward. No matter how the future will be, this period of days is still epic.

AHKuser1025
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Freakin awsome man ty!

Zubon
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Last active: Feb 17 2014 03:31 AM
I use this script a lot in my daily life, but if rumors are correct, this script will stop working in December this year.

Would anyone know of some way to work around this? Maybe write a script that goes through translate.google.com to get the translations?

I would try to write one myself but I have no idea how I would go about it...

vadus
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Last active: Nov 16 2011 12:07 PM
Hi. Many thanks to author of this script. Could you please modify it to Google Translate API v2 (http://code.google.c...getting_started). Because v1 doesn't work :shock: . I cannot do it by myself.

pojitonov
  • Guests
  • Last active:

Hi. Many thanks to author of this script. Could you please modify it to Google Translate API v2 (http://code.google.c...getting_started). Because v1 doesn't work :shock: . I cannot do it by myself.

+1

Bhawk12
  • Guests
  • Last active:

Can someone.... PLZ?