Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Google translate in tooltip [Replaced by standalone app]

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic
Zubon
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Last active: Feb 17 2014 03:31 AM

It seems to me that this script has stopped working. If payment is required for the API I would be willing to contribute.

This is a great script and I use it every day.

Visioneer
  • Members
  • 287 posts
  • Last active: Sep 17 2017 10:07 PM

Hi everyone,

It seems to me that one of the great things about ahk is that there are so many ways

to do things. You can simulate actual user keystrokes/mouse moves/clicks for example,

access a page with COM, inject javascript, manipulate the address bar, read ini's, open

a webpage, run ie, etc. etc.

So rather than trying to get tooltips etc. to sneak data from webpages with things like

UrlDownloadToVar etc., why not open a window (full screen even) and display Google,

or many other language helper websites in all their glory, especially with ads and all their

money making content displayed. We can close the window with a hotkey anyway to return

to our work easily.

So if I highlight some text, I might want to translate it, spell check it, grammer check it,

hear it spoken, search/bing/google it, and many other things with it.  I want to focus on

letting the user choose what they would like to do with it. (I know I could use spell check

on demand all the time). God Bless the website that offers what we need. All I want to do

is make the process happen with the minimum user effort (keystrokes, copying pasting,

minmizing, getting favorites, restoring, googling for the service in first place, etc etc.).

So the focus should be on just opening the desired job / webpage, pasting the desired

text, selecting the language to and from(if applicable), and clicking the submit, Doing

this anyway you can, while appearing to be just a really fast(maybe not too fast) typist.

Besides, the webpage probably has other stuff that can help the user also. Again,

we close the webpage with a hotkey anyway, and we are back to our original

work, and the original text is still highlighted. We can then optionally select other

jobs/websites to work on the highlighted text.  I guess we could even de-highlight

the text quickly when finished.

Just providing the choosable comprehensive list of jobs - websites is a great service,

all by itself.

If they don't like fast typists then we can always find other websites to include

in our list who appreciate the traffic.

PLEASE see my post about this new approach.

http://www.autohotke...lator/?p=613529

Thanks

ps: if you would like to skype chat with me about this, please PM me at Visioneer

on the ahk forum.

Pinkfloydd
  • Members
  • 75 posts
  • Last active: May 31 2019 02:43 AM

Is it possible to configure it to get all the Translate boxs

I'm trying to do that but I don't get it

I mean the second box:

5WA4sjg.png

Visioneer
  • Members
  • 287 posts
  • Last active: Sep 17 2017 10:07 PM

Hi Pinkfloydd,

Are you referring to anything in my post above?

innn
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Last active: Mar 15 2014 06:55 AM

Would it be possible for this script to also come in a bing version?

I would gladly use that as bing offers offline translation.

I use the scripts here and I appreciate the work done but they are not useful when disconnected from the internet.

nixcalo
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Jul 04 2019 03:06 AM

Hi Everyone!

In case this post is still active, I wonder if this script could be modified (it would be easy but I can't figure it out).

I need it to do the following. Working under Trados or any other translation tool, I'd like to be able to highlight the target text (in English) and pressing ^C in rapid sucession, copy the hightlighted text to the clipboard, paste it in Google Translate, grab the translation and paste it back instead of the text I hightlighted in the first place. I know the scripts described here do the hard thing, which is retrieve the translation from Google Translate, but would be anyone be so kind to write this modification or tell me how it could be done? It would mean wonders to work under Trados, DejaVu, Wordfast, Word files...

fid75
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Apr 27 2015 06:14 PM

Hello script users and creators. :)

Is it just for me, or has the script stopped working?

My questions I am actually having:

- Did Google change something, so it messed up the script and can it be fixed?

- How about using or porting this script to use Microsoft Bing? Just in case, google translation can't be fixed.

Thanks for your feedback.

steventaitinger
  • Members
  • 17 posts
  • Last active: May 02 2018 08:12 PM

Here is a really simple hotkey that gets the job done (just uses google.com). I set control+shift+r to translate russian to english in a new chrome tab.

;translate russian to english in google after pressing ctrl+alt+r
^+r::
sendinput ^c
sleep 500
russian := clipboard
replace_spaces(russian)
search_url := "https://www.google.ca/search?q=translate+russian+to+english+" russian 

run "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" %search_url%
return

replace_spaces( byref text ) {
StringReplace, text, text, %A_SPACE%, +, All
}

micdelt
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Last active: Aug 25 2015 01:17 PM

Hi, guys! 

I made standalone app that doing the same job.

http://www.micdelt.ru/translate