Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

v1.0.38 released: Respond to signals from remote controls

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic
Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
Here are the changes for v1.0.38:

Fixed the Input command to properly capture keystrokes sent by a hotkey or hotstring for which the user is physically holding down SHIFT, CTRL, ALT, or WIN. [thanks wildfire]

Changed "GuiControl, Text" to set the text of a ComboBox's Edit control rather than new choices for its drop-list. Please update your scripts accordingly.

Improved FileMoveDir with an option to unconditionally overwrite the target folder.

Added built-in function IsLabel(), which verifies that a label exists before you Gosub it. [thanks Tekl]

Added built-in function OnMessage(), which can receive custom messages and monitor system messages.

Added a WinLIRC client script that responds to signals from a hand-held remote control. WinLIRC is an open-source utility that captures infrared signals from virtually any brand of remote control.

corrupt
  • Members
  • 2558 posts
  • Last active: Nov 01 2014 03:23 PM
:shock: Thanks Chris :D

I can think of many, many ways to use/abuse the OnMessage() function. Time to play...

corrupt
  • Members
  • 2558 posts
unfortunately I get this error when trying to install this version:

---------------------------
NSIS Error
The installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete.
This could be the result of a damaged disk, a failed download or a virus.

You may want to contact the author of this installer to obtain a new copy.

It may be possible to skip this check using the /NCRC command line switch
(NOT RECOMMENDED).
OK

I only get a 133kb file when downloading :(

corrupt
  • Members
  • 2558 posts
Seems to work ok now :)

Nemroth
  • Members
  • 278 posts
  • Last active: Dec 31 2011 10:53 PM
Again a great release !!!
I asked for GetMessage I have OnMessage... A dream come true !!!
I will try this feature.
Thanks a lot, Chris !!!

PS : who knows a freeware program to list the messages received by a window ? Witch it is ?

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:

who knows a freeware program to list the messages received by a window?

Although I've never used it, I think Winspector Spy can do it. Rajat's SendMessage Tutorial has some details.

Nemroth
  • Members
  • 278 posts
  • Last active: Dec 31 2011 10:53 PM
Thanks Chris I think it's exactly the software I'm looking for.

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
  • Last active: Jul 17 2015 07:45 AM
after quite some time i just checked my messages and found the list of changes of the latest version! ... the support for IR remote and messages are great!! thanx a lot for them!
i can think of some really nice things to start with the new toys u've thrown in ... only if i'd been on my pc!
congratulations on another brilliant release!

MIA

CleanNews.in : Bite sized latest news headlines from India with zero bloat

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
Here are the changes for v1.0.38.01:

Fixed GuiContextMenu's A_GuiControl to be non-blank when the user right-clicks a Text, Picture, or Tab control.

Changed OnMessage() to receive LPARAM as an unsigned vs. signed number. If an incoming WPARAM or LPARAM is intended to be a signed value, any negative numbers can be revealed by following this example:
if wParam > 0x7FFFFFFF
	wParam := -(0xFFFFFFFF - wParam + 1)

jsmain
  • Members
  • 126 posts
  • Last active: Oct 23 2017 06:24 PM
It's great you added remote support, now if it could be expanded for a serial remote such as the X10 Mouse remote, I'd convert from Girder!

Currently that is what is stopping the conversion.
Jeff Main

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
WinLIRC doesn't support your serial remote? I thought it might because WinLIRC probably doesn't care what's connected to the serial port: an IR receiver or a serial remote.

There might be a way to support your remote by reading from the serial port via DllCall. But unless there's an expert in the house, that would require some research at MSDN, etc. Alternatively, perhaps parts of the WinLIRC source could be adapted to handle more types of serial devices.

jsmain
  • Members
  • 126 posts
Honestly, I have not researched if the winLIRC will work or not.

I assume not as this is an RF remote, not IR. With girder I was/am using a serial plugin with a special ini file configured for this remote. The remote in question is an X10 Mouse remote model MK19A. It has the largest range of any remote I've found. I can get nearly 200 foot range with this remote. As it is also RF, it doesn't require clear line of site.
Jeff Main

jsmain
  • Members
  • 126 posts
I might also add that Max10 is an open source control interface for this remote, and I have been decoding this for my own use.

I've been trying to decode AHK to merge the 2 for my own use, but as AHK was compiled in something greater than VC6, I have been stalled in my efforts.
Jeff Main

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
Depending on exactly what Max10 is, you might be able to integrate it into a script via DllCall. If that's not feasibily, you might want to give WinLIRC a try: See if its "learn" mode can learn your mouse remote.

You might also try web searches on the combination of "X10 Mouse WinLIRC". I did one on Google and one of the first links was a patch for LIRC (not WinLIRC, but maybe useful to you anyway). It says, "Attached is a diff against current (20030926) CVS which adds a complete driver for the X10 MouseRemote RF receiver (Model JR21A) and remote (Model JR20A)." http://sourceforge.n... ... um_id=5339

There might be better resources than the above, but maybe you've already been down that road.

jsmain
  • Members
  • 126 posts
Thanks Chris!

I will look into it.
Jeff Main