Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

v1.0.38 released: Respond to signals from remote controls

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic
Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active: Nov 15 2014 07:47 AM
Here are the changes for v1.0.38.02:

Fixed inability of "WinSet Region" to accept a negative X-coordinate.

Fixed radio buttons to start a new radio group for each new tab control or page. [thanks Toralf]

Changed VK hotkeys such as "^VK24::" to avoid the use of the keyboard hook when possible. As a side-effect, such hotkeys are now triggered by any key that has the specified virtual key (e.g. both Home and NumpadHome for VK24). [thanks Orion]

Improved the Hotkey command with option "On" to change a hotkey's label and enable it in one step. [thanks Toralf]

Improved "GuiControl Disable/Enable/Hide/Show" to recognize an optional 1 or 0 suffix to simplify scripts. [thanks Toralf]

specialGuest
  • Guests
  • Last active:

Fixed inability of "WinSet Region" to accept a negative X-coordinate.

Muchissimas gracias por esto (also for the rest and all that great releases before)!!!
It works fine now.

And its getting frustrating that it takes me at least twice as long to report a bug than it takes you to fix it, update that incredible good documentation, send me an answer and publish a new Version and ...

It would help me a lot, if you could confess publically, that CHRIS means something like Charles and Hans and Rita and Iwan and Sue.

(BTW, I wonder why this group TORALF hadnt posted a corrected version of my script yet, things are starting to get worse! Great Job, Toralf!).

toralf
  • Moderators
  • 4035 posts
  • Last active: Aug 20 2014 04:23 PM

I wonder why this group TORALF hadnt posted a corrected version of my script yet, things are starting to get worse!

Hi Special,
Which script are you talking about? :)

Give yourself a proper nick and register. This will make it easier for us to find your posts. :)

The
Toralf Crew
(Titan, bObo, Rajat, Atomhrt, Lazlo, daonlyFreez) ;)

@Chris: Thanks for the new features. Greatly appreciated. Saved me in a single script more then 40 lines of code already.

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
Here are the changes for v1.0.38.03:

Fixed key-up hotkeys so that having both a wildcard and a non-wildcard version of the same hotkey works even when the non-wildcard down-hotkey is defined before the non-wildcard up-hotkey. [thanks Paul Haines]

Improved Edit controls with the option "WantTab", which allows the tab keystroke to produce a tab character.

Invalid User
  • Members
  • 447 posts
  • Last active: Mar 27 2012 01:04 PM
WantTab [v1.0.38.03+]: Causes a tab keystroke to produce a tab character rather than navigating to the next control. Without this option, the user may press Control-Tab to produce a tab character inside a multi-line edit control. Note: Although WantTab also works in a single-line edit control, each tab character is displayed (but not stored) as an empty-box character.

After reading this, I am confused about multi line edit controls. Will the tab char be seen in a var submited from this control? If not, how can this be achieved?

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts

Will the tab char be seen in a var submited from this control?

Yes, regardless of how you get tabs into an Edit control (copy & paste, control-tab, or pressing tab while WantTab is in effect), the tabs should appears in the control's variable when you use Gui Submit or GuiControlGet.

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
Here are the changes for v1.0.38.04:

Fixed hotstring reset option (Z), which could crash a script. [thanks arbe]

Improved threads to reduce the chance of an interruption occurring before even a single line can execute. [thanks Paul Haines]

Added command Critical, which prevents the current thread from being interrupted by other threads. It also buffers incoming events until the critical thread ends.

JSLover
  • Members
  • 920 posts
  • Last active: Nov 02 2012 09:54 PM

Added command Critical

...not that it really matters, but why Critical & not Thread Critical? Consolidated commands are your specialty.

PS...I just got 1.0.38.03 2 days ago! AutoHotkey is like buying a new (but free) computer, it's instantly obsolete...grrr! (not really complaining, it's just funny)

PPS...Can I have a copy of your NSIS? I wanna try to tweak the install with more options, I like to retain old versions when I install the new one & automating that would be good, I could work on that & if you like it, use that script to make new installers, do you change it or is it pretty much static...? I may be able to add 'change' options so people can not enable drag & drop & 1st, but add (or remove) it later without a complete re-install.

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts

why Critical & not Thread Critical? Consolidated commands are your specialty.

One reason is that Thread's second parameter is expression-capable, which means that it can't easily support a word like "Off". Another reason is that since Critical might be fairly often used, a short word is easier to type and remember.

Can I have a copy of your NSIS? I wanna try to tweak the install with more options

I've e-mailed it to you.

I could work on that & if you like it, use that script to make new installers, do you change it or is it pretty much static...? I may be able to add 'change' options so people can not enable drag & drop & 1st, but add (or remove) it later without a complete re-install.

My primary goal with the installer is to keep it as simple and painless as possible. Therefore, I don't think any new pages should be added unless they're of high value to the typical user. But adding more options to the options page is a possibility. For example, it would be nice if the Drag & Drop checkbox would start off checked if Drag & Drop is currently enabled in the registry for AHK scripts.

So in short, I'd welcome suggestions, corrections, and additions to the installer if the cost vs. benefit is favorable.

JSLover
  • Members
  • 920 posts
  • Last active: Nov 02 2012 09:54 PM

My primary goal with the installer is to keep it as simple and painless as possible.

...I'd try to keep it so just running it & clicking next all the way thru would do what it does now.

Therefore, I don't think any new pages should be added unless they're of high value to the typical user.

...would adding 1 page with a Simple & Advanced radio group be ok? Simple would continue like it does now & Advanced would be my new options (if I can't do my new options any other way).

But adding more options to the options page is a possibility.

...that's basically what I want to do, add more there, but depending on complexity, I might need to have the Simple/Advanced mode...? or sprout more pages depending on what options are chosen...?

For example, it would be nice if the Drag & Drop checkbox would start off checked if Drag & Drop is currently enabled in the registry for AHK scripts.

...currently does installing with it unchecked undo the current drag & dropness if it's already enabled?

I'd also like to add a change/repair mode, so clicking Change/Remove in the Add/Remove Programs window would have more options than "Do you want to uninstall?" (um, NO!, it's AHK I never want to uninstall!). You could reassoc .ahk with AHK or enable/disable drag & drop...

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts

...would adding 1 page with a Simple & Advanced radio group be ok? Simple would continue like it does now & Advanced would be my new options (if I can't do my new options any other way).

If less than 5% of users would ever need to use the advanced page, my feeling is that it would do more harm than good. The "harm" comes about from added confusion to casual users, who will sit pondering and doubting at that page wondering which one they should choose. I know they can always hit the "Back" button and change their minds. But if you're like me, you always feel a little nervous running an installer because you're never sure what changes it might make in response to your choices. Therefore, I think minimizing the number of choices and pages conveys peace of mind.

Another reason not to change the number of pages without good reason is that some people may have automated the installer with a script. I realize this isn't necessary because you can do a silent install, but not everyone is aware of it.

More about silent installation (in case anyone was wondering):
Run the installer at the command line and pass /S (must be capitalized) as a parameter. Since the directory page cannot be shown while in silent mode, you may also specify the installation directory on the command line (this also works in non-silent mode). To do that, specify the /D switch as in the following example: AutoHotkeyInstall.exe /S /D=C:\Program Files\AutoHotkey

sprout more pages depending on what options are chosen...?

I would definitely prefer this approach.

...does installing with it unchecked undo the current drag & dropness if it's already enabled?

Yes, because I wanted there to be a way to remove the setting in case anyone changed their minds.

I'd also like to add a change/repair mode, so clicking Change/Remove in the Add/Remove Programs window would have more options than "Do you want to uninstall?" (um, NO!, it's AHK I never want to uninstall!). You could reassoc .ahk with AHK or enable/disable drag & drop...

I suspect most people don't think to go to the Add/Remove Programs section when they want to repair an installation. Instead, they probably go back to the original installer (at least I do). If this is true, I think the installer is already so fast that there is no need to offer a repair mode. Just reinstall and everything is repaired. Note that by design, the installer does not change any custom editor you might have associated with .ahk files. If you're aware of any other settings that reinstalling changes but shouldn't, please let me know.

Thanks again for offering to help with the installer. I'm still open to suggestions and changes, but wanted to make my criteria clear so that you wouldn't waste your time giving it an elaborate overhaul.

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
Here are the changes for v1.0.38.05:

Fixed "Menu Show" (broken in the previous version) to call the selected menu item's subroutine prior to executing the command beneath "Menu Show". [thanks Roussi]

Changed Sleep -1 and Sleep 0 to check the message queue on Windows 9x as they do on other operating systems.

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
Here are the changes for v1.0.38.06:

Some optimizations were made to the keyboard and mouse hooks. If you have any mission-critical scripts that rely on them, it is recommended that they be re-tested or that you wait two weeks for any bugs to get fixed.

Fixed continuation lines that start with "AND" and "OR" to work even when the next character is in the set "()!~*&-+". [thanks Decarlo110]

Fixed hotkeys/labels such as "(::" and "(MyLabel):" not to be misinterpreted as continuation sections. [thanks whismerhill]

jsmain
  • Members
  • 123 posts
  • Last active: Nov 20 2014 08:45 PM
I've been trying to get my Mouse remote to communicate with WinLIRC, but am failing miserably. Perhaps I'm missing something, but it doesn't seem to activate the port for the remote. The reciever never initializes.

The info you pointed to seems to be short on direction.

If I had the ability to compile AHK myself, with VC6, I'd look at merging the Max10 capabilities with AHK. unfortunately, I've never succeeded with that compile either. Even with the beta compiler... Must it only be 7 to compile properly?

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts

I've been trying to get my Mouse remote to communicate with WinLIRC, but am failing miserably.

It's good that you tried. If your mouse remote is popular, there's a good chance that someone will find a way to make it work with WinLIRC someday soon, so keep an eye on the newsgroups (via Google) and the web.

If I had the ability to compile AHK myself, with VC6

While the code isn't written specifically for Visual C++ 7.x, that's the only compiler I currently test it with.