Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

[AHK 1.1]TypingAid v2.22.0 - Word AutoCompletion Utility

• Please log in to reply
841 replies to this topic
Maniac
  • Members
  • 445 posts
  • Last active: Jan 06 2016 12:02 PM

Found a bug when generating new Preferences.ini files. If you've started anew with TypingAid since v2.19.7, it's probably best to delete your preferences.ini, but it will fix the TerminatingCharacters entry IF you have not modified that entry since the Preferences.ini was created.

*2.19.9 12/18/2014
** Fixed bug when creating TerminatingCharacters when generating preferences file. Broken TerminatingCharacters will be repaired if not already modified.
** Added "Threading" during the input loop to cause less missed keys
** Auto-launch 64 bit exe if present and launching a compiled script (name 64 bit script "<scriptname>64.exe")
** Fixed some poorly named variables

Skrell
  • Members
  • 384 posts
  • Last active: Jul 07 2016 05:03 PM

Latest version is fast and smooth!

Theclaw
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Last active: Jun 08 2015 10:03 AM
Hi Maniac,
At this time would you say the SQL version is ready for use?

Is it synchronized with the main release 2.19.9?

Love to give it a try, but would like to work against a known baseline.

Thanks again for all your hard work!

Update: ahhh... Just performed a full compare of the code lines...nevermind :-)

Maniac
  • Members
  • 445 posts

Glad to hear, Skrell.

Theclaw, I've been using the SQL version. I'm working on making 2.20 a smash-bang release, so it'll be a bit before I release it.

It is synchronized with 2.19.9, as you probably discovered.

You're welcome!

Skrell
  • Members
  • 384 posts

Theclaw, I've been using the SQL version. I'm working on making 2.20 a smash-bang release, so it'll be a bit before I release it.

OOOOooooooo!!! :-)

Maniac
  • Members
  • 445 posts

So I've updated the code in the SQL version to include what I've been working on.

Basically, I've started integrating the configuration GUI code that HugoV spent so much time on back in 2010 (thank you!). Now that the backend is SQL, I can much more easily integrate this because most setting changes don't require a script restart.

Please note, the GUI shouldn't actually do much right now and I'm aware there are issues. I have saving/canceling/restoring disabled. Please feel free to play with it though, and give me feedback on the look and feel. To access it, just right click the tray icon and choose Settings.

joshatt
  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • Last active: Oct 11 2015 02:55 AM
I tried and there's no GUI, or any tip when I'm typing in notepad or wordpad. What environment does this script need?

Maniac
  • Members
  • 445 posts

First, I assume you are using the standard version, not the SQL version?

It should work fine in notepad and wordpad. Do you have any words in your wordlist? Did you change your preferences at all?

joshatt
  • Members
  • 25 posts

First, I assume you are using the standard version, not the SQL version?

It should work fine in notepad and wordpad. Do you have any words in your wordlist? Did you change your preferences at all?

Thanks for the help.
I tried all 3 versions of 2.19.9 from the top of this thread. I have 7 wordlist files under Wordlists folder,should I copy one of them to somewhere?
And I did not change any preferences.

space
  • Members
  • 520 posts
  • Last active:
You need to copy one of those files to the same folder as typingaid.ahk as wordlist.txt - otherwise it doesn't have any words to show you. You can also create a wordlist.txt yourself and add a few words.

joshatt
  • Members
  • 25 posts

You need to copy one of those files to the same folder as typingaid.ahk as wordlist.txt - otherwise it doesn't have any words to show you. You can also create a wordlist.txt yourself and add a few words.

It works! And typing with it is incredible.

~Cheers.

Skrell
  • Members
  • 384 posts

Just noticed the latest sqlite version is 2.19.9.1 ....  what is different in this version?   Is there a comprehensive changelog somewhere i can follow? 

Also are the versions posted in the OP still non-sqlite?  

Maniac
  • Members
  • 445 posts

Great joshatt, glad you got it working. Thanks for helping, space.

Skrell, I'm actually not updating the version number for the SQLite version right now, you can just track it by commits. I bumped up the version number a bit when I added an icon for the system tray. You can track the changelog for the SQLite version by looking at the commit history here.

The versions in the OP are still non-sqlite, 2.19.9.

Maniac
  • Members
  • 445 posts

To give a little update regarding the status of the sqlite version, saving/restoring preferences from the GUI *should* work now. I only briefly tested it and what I tested worked. One thing to note - if you set a preference to be the same as the default, it will *delete* that value from the preferences file - this is by design.

If someone wants to lend a helping hand, I would really appreciate someone trying to break the GUI (make sure you back up your preferences and wordlist first!). Make sure all the settings save, try setting them to things they shouldn't be set to, etc.

You can get it here.

Maniac
  • Members
  • 445 posts

OK, I've run through all the settings and verify they save now. I fixed problems with Restoring Defaults, and that should work now too.

What I need help with now is:

1. Trying to save unexpected values (for example, alpha characters in a numeric field)

2. Checking for unexpected behavior when settings are changed and saved while the script is running. For example... maybe you changed the list of excluded programs to include what you were last typing in and the typed word wasn't cleared, or something like that.

As before, you can find the latest code here.