Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Ledger - Keep track of your finances

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic
wooly_sammoth
  • Members
  • 644 posts
  • Last active: Jul 03 2013 08:08 PM
I am useless at keeping track of my money.

My bank often doesn't show the actual amount of money that I have in my account so I end up spending money I don't have.

To help I created Ledger.

If you input what you spend each day into Ledger it will display your balance as well as your available balance. These are based on the balance of your bank account which is recorded when Ledger is run for the first time.

The available balance takes into account any overdraft facility you have as well as any cash you have in your pocket. This means that it gives you a real view of how much money you have.

You can also put details of any debts into Ledger. When you add a spending transaction with the same name as the debt, the transaction amount is deducted from the debt so that you can always see how much you owe (useful for credit cards etc.)

Ledger can also keep track of bills. If you have a regular bill which is paid by monthly Direct Debit, Ledger will automatically deduct that amount from your balance on the specified day.

Any transaction, debt or bill can be double clicked and edited or deleted

Ledger.ahk
(Thanks Titan)

(My mum expressed an interest in having a copy of Ledger so the GUI is built with her in mind ie. the font size is big)

doyle
  • Members
  • 335 posts
  • Last active: Mar 02 2012 04:47 PM
Wow.

So cool.

wooly_sammoth
  • Members
  • 644 posts
Thank you very much. Glad you like it and I hope you are finding it useful.

You may want to re-download, there was a > which should have been a >= in one equation which was causing the balance to be displayed incorrectly in later months.

There was also a stray 'D' in a parsing loop which may have caused the wrong transaction type to be displayed when the transaction had been double clicked for editing

luffy
  • Members
  • 177 posts
  • Last active: Sep 26 2011 11:25 PM
when i copy pasted this to notepad it said i needed to put it in unicode. i don't know why, but i did. then when i double clicked it i got this error:

Error at line 1

Line Text: yp;
Error: This line does not contain a recognized action.

the program will exit.

the "yp" was all funny looking though, it had a sideways : over the "y" and the "p" was funny looking, almost like a "b"

****edit!!!****

i re-saved it as "UTF-8" and that fixed it for some reason. i have no idea why.... can some one explain for me please?

wooly_sammoth
  • Members
  • 644 posts
It was written as UTF-8 so should be kept as that. Not sure why the Unicode message came up. Maybe someone else will have experienced the same thing and will know why

• Guests
  • Last active:
might give it a try, but a screenshot would have been nice

precurser
  • Members
  • 14 posts
  • Last active: Mar 18 2012 04:20 PM
Sweet CHeers man Exactly what I'm after,

Proberly out of my league but I'm attempting to understand the guts in the hope i can change the monthly bill function to a weekly bill funtion...

and create re occuring income sources

and adding a budget, weekly monthly yearly forecast tab

Its the % a_loopfield% thats confusing me atm not sure where or how this variable is set

precurser
  • Members
  • 14 posts
just noticed when I try and add more than 1 bill on the same date, it just overwrites the previous rather than adding it to the list..... Is this expected behaviour?

TheDewd
  • Members
  • 835 posts
  • Last active: Jun 16 2014 05:26 PM
Line 50: Gui, 6:Show, AutoFit, Ledger - Setup

Should be: Gui, 6:Show, AutoSize, Ledger - Setup

precurser
  • Members
  • 14 posts
lol umm ok... system variable, :oops:

turns out there were a few of those instances of "AutoFit"

line

wooly_sammoth
  • Members
  • 644 posts
Hi precurser

Glad you're finding Ledger useful. I had forgotten I had written it to be honest as I haven't used it for some time.

The AutoSize / AutoFit issue will be because it was originally written in (what is now) AHK_Basic whereas I take it you are using AHK_L. You can use the 'Replace' function in Notepad to get them all and it should work.

I hadn't noticed the bill-on-same-date issue. I don't have much spare time at the moment but if I do find a minute I'll give it a look and try to fix it.
If you come up with a fix before then, feel free to post it here.

sammoth