7plus V. 2.5.0 - Improve Explorer/Win, Launcher, Automation
Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:35 PM
I want to present you the program I've been working on in the last few months, 7plus.
It's a program that enhances windows by many features, and improves things that MS screwed up
- Store favorite folders and recall them for very fast navigation (Video 1) (Video 2)
- Upload files, screenshots and clipboard content directly to an FTP server with just one hotkey (Video)
- Program launcher like Launchy or Exekutor with many integrated plugins
- Create new folders and textfiles by pressing F8/F7 (Video)
- Paste text or image from clipboard as file (Video)
- Show favorite folders in the explorer folder band bar like Web Browser favorite bars (Video)
- Make Backspace go upwards again (Video)
- Set windows to be "Always on top" by right clicking the title bar (Video)
- Activate blinking windows and toggle between current and previous window with Capslock (Video)
- Close windows by middle clicking task buttons (Video)
- Paste previous clipboard text entries by pressing WIN+V (Video)
- Use a Joypad/Gamepad to remote control the mouse, keyboard and zoom (Video)
There's much more to it, check out the full feature list!
As you might have seen above, the features are documented by tutorial videos, I think this fits the program better than a help file.
Explorer with additional buttons and size/free disk space display:
Download (Executables and sources)
It's written for Autohotkey_L, and requires Compile_AHK II for compilation.
Let me know what you think, feel free to post comments and suggestions, or report bugs here or in the bug tracker!.
Posted 02 April 2010 - 11:23 AM
This is quite impressive. ;-) I've just realised how useful the functions of 7plus can be. However, when I tried to run the source code (AutoHotKey_L, the newest Unicode version), I happened to see this:
I checked the folder, there is no such file there, so I decided not to include this file. But then, other errors occured. Please check it. ;-)
#Include file "...\7plus V.1.0 Sources\FolderButtonManager.ahk" cannot be opened.
If it's possible, I would love to have configurable shortcuts to place them differently. I could edit the source code though, but it quite doesn't work.
Anyway, the compiled version works pretty smoothly. I have only found something annoying about window slide option so far. If you slide your window to the left or right and then move the cursor to the given side with the willingness to reopen it AND leave the cursor to the very left/right side, the window will open and close (Win Vista). Quite confusing. ;-)
Please keep on scripting, greatly.
Posted 02 April 2010 - 11:40 AM
I'm not sure yet if I will make the hotkeys configurable sometime, I would need to think of a good structure for that.
I think I might add a hotkey editor for adding custom hotkeys though sometime.
There seems to be some problem with the Slide Windows feature in Vista, I don't see it happening in Windows 7 though. I suggest you only access those windows through the taskbar for now, if that is any help for you. Maybe I can get that fixed later.
Posted 02 April 2010 - 11:44 AM
The window slide option works fine if you move the cursor to the side and instantly 'bounce' from it a little.
I have happily edited the shortcuts in the source code giving them different placement. Now they work like I wanted them to work. ;-)
Posted 02 April 2010 - 12:50 PM
i will reply once i explore it
Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:07 PM
especially the FTP integration with explorer is very useful
Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:26 PM
Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:39 PM
previously i was hoping to make a win tweak utiltity using reg hacks
but then i got on another project
BUT after seeing this project, i think i will try to improve this instead of making my own win tweaker
Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:41 PM
it has a lot of features
try it and see...
if u can add to yours :roll:
Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:52 PM
Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:56 PM
Posted 02 April 2010 - 02:02 PM
did u try TWEAKUI
if u want to add its features to :arrow: 7plus
i can provide u with a full guide to its reg hacks
Posted 02 April 2010 - 02:09 PM