Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate

Kill explorer from script

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic
  • Guests
  • Last active:
If I write process, close, explorer.exe, so as to remove the windows environment, it works, but explorer reloads again. It's not the same result as when you finish the explorer task from the task admin. How can I fix this in my script?

• Guests
  • Last active:
What is the use or removing the windows environment?If you do not like the taskbar hide it. :?:

• Guests
  • Last active:
I need this for a completelly hidden shutdown from a program I have. I use qsd.exe and the shutdown is totally hidden (my program loads with Windows from userinit, so explorer is not loaded). However, if I exit my program (I have 3 options there: cancel, load Windows and shutdown) and explorer is loaded and then I decide to reload the program, and then to shutdown from there, explorer is shown for a moment at the moment of shutdown.

• Guests
  • Last active:
run, %comspec% /c taskkill /f /IM explorer.exe

That kills explorer, but the command window is shown for a moment. I wonder if using a fullscreen back gui could fix that...

• Guests
  • Last active:
I'm going to try this.

Gui, Color, Black 
Gui, +ToolWindow -Caption +AlwaysOnTop 
Gui, show, x0 y0 w%A_ScreenWidth% h%A_ScreenHeight%, NA
sleep 1000
gui, cancel
exitapp

Wicked
  • Members
  • 504 posts
  • Last active: Jun 14 2014 06:04 PM

That kills explorer, but the command window is shown for a moment. I wonder if using a fullscreen back gui could fix that...

It doesn't kill it for mine... But wouldn't a simple Hide parameter in the Run command take care of that?

run, %comspec% /c taskkill /f /IM explorer.exe[color=red],, Hide[/color]

Not sure. Just a thought. :p.

TLM
  • Moderators
  • 3821 posts
  • Last active: Nov 11 2014 07:38 PM
runWait, %comspec% /c taskkill /f /IM explorer.exe,, Hide
fileMove, % a_winDir "\explorer.exe"
			, % a_winDir "\explorer_.exe"

jic ;)
fileMove, % a_winDir "\explorer_.exe"
			, % a_winDir "\explorer.exe"