Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Change Zoom to Scoll (Mouse | ms ergonomic keyboard 4000)

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic
numen
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Nov 04 2005 06:59 PM
I've just bought a microsoft ergonomic keyboard 4000, its all very nice. Except it has a large zoom slider in the middle which is useless to me, what would be very nice is if i could use it to scroll (eg webpages).

I've been trying to do this for several hours but with no joy.

When I hook to capture the commands it just replicates Control MouseUp/MouseDown.

Therefore I thought ^MouseUp::MouseUp would work, but it doesn't.

Anyone got any suggestions,

Cheers.

evl
  • Members
  • 1237 posts
  • Last active: Oct 20 2010 11:41 AM
You could try removing any special drivers for the keyboard (and using standard ones) or other software associated with it and see if it works then.

numen
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Nov 04 2005 06:59 PM
good thought, however when I remove the intellipoint software that comes with the keyboard autohotkey doesn't detect any keypresses when I move the slider.

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
When you viewed the key history window, did your script have the keyboard hook installed? If not, try adding the line #InstallKeybdHook to the script and then see if the slider and other custom buttons on the keyboard show up in try key history.

• Guests
  • Last active:
Gave up on autohotkey as the ms software was getting in the way. After a couple of hours messing about here's how to change it.

I copied the contents of the supplied intellipoint disc to my
harddrive, and discovered the file IType/SETUP/Files/Commands.xml.
This contains the key-action pairs for all the supported applications.
The really interesting ones start with C319 and C320, these are the up
and down commands of the zoom slider.

Therefore pick whatever application you wish to change the
functionality for, eg Internet Explorer (no I don't use it either).

Changing this to:

Means that the zoom slider now scrolls in ie.

Since I'm lazy I just replaced all the c319 and c320 lines with scroll,
this probably isn't wise as some of them are customised to do different
things depending on the application, but if your also lazy fire up vim
and use:

:%s/^.*/gc
:%s/^.*/gc

(note: It's not a very tidy replace, but it does the job)
(note2: Non vim people, I'm sure this can be done using a windows text
editor, but I've no idea how).
(note3: I'd guess you can also do this after IntelliType has been
installed by editing the commands.xml file directly in the Microsoft
IntelliType Pro directory, then restarting intellitype/windows)

Cool1
  • Guests
  • Last active:
just edited my command.xml as you told (in "C:\Programme\Microsoft IntelliType Pro" after install).

and YES: scrolling instead of zooming. :lol: Thank you for this info.

By the way: if you launch "mskey.exe" and there choose "action/close intelli pro" in the menu and after that start the keyboard driver again by launching "type32.exe", you need no restart.

johnystyles577
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Thank you "Corneliu I. Tusnea" for leading me in the right direction! Could no longer reply to the closed thread in groups.

For those of you using Visual Studio, here is the regex to do a replace for ONLY the nodes you want to change zoom toggle to scroll toggle:

Scroll Up
------------------
Find What:
\
Replace With:
\

Scroll Down
------------------
Find What:
\
Replace With:
\
if you replace all 319 and 320 keys in the command file, you will get some errors. The replace above will replace only the ones that work with the "ScrollUp" and "ScrollDown" identifiers. Some of the other progs use ctrl - / ctrl +, and most of those seem to make sense (i.e. photoshop in which i'd prob want it to zoom instead of scroll)

NoX
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Hi!
Thanks first, for the useful tips. I also changed the Zoomslider into a scroller, but the scroll speed turned out to be very slooow. Since I don't know how to speed it up (maybe something like ScrollDownx3 :-) I decided to have a pageUp/pageDown Button function on the slider.
I got some errors while checking it out, so I'll just note what to take care of.

As posted before
Type=6 means it is a continuarly sliding function, like for zooming or scrolling. But if you want the whole thing to work as a normal Button like pageUp or page Down you need to change it to:

Type=5! This means, every move up or down is seen as one single keypress.

Therefore you also need to change the function from "Activator" to "KeySeq"

So the whole thing looks like this after modification (I first searched for "Firefox" in the command.xml and just changed it there):

Keep on modifying everybody! :lol:
and tell me, if you know how to speed the scrolling function of that zoomslider up...

springro
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Has anyone checked if Autohotkey can catch these as standard keys after the key setting has been changed?

Thanks.

• Guests
  • Last active:
thanks a lot. it really helps. Dont know why the programs dont allow users to do that.

Just figured out from C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\commands.xml that F5 or open button can do next track for winamp.

you may add the key codes here for different next prev buttons so that the web page does not refreshes when you try to change the track. :-)

ArgentumFX
  • Guests
  • Last active:

Hi!
Keep on modifying everybody! :lol:
and tell me, if you know how to speed the scrolling function of that zoomslider up...

Actually there is no way to achieve the result u are willing via the standard Microsoft software. U can use the third parties' software though.

I'm using in particlular the Keyboard Maniac and the setting I've applied is that when u scroll with zoom slider u scroll normally and when u scroll with zoomslider + WinKey u scroll faster.

You can try to change the setting in AutoHotkey as well. I never used it and have no idea if it's able to manipulate with scroll action and mouse scroll function .

P.S. Ah I forgot. Thanx to everyone for that magnificent setting in commands.xml. It helped me a lot in my Wireless Optical Desktop 4000 keyboard.

P.P.S. Faster scroll with this keyboard is not a dream any more, it's THE REALITY!!! And I love my Microsoft keyboard.

• Guests
  • Last active:
This also seems to work for the Microsoft Ergonomic Wireless 7000 as well. To change the scroll speed after the change, change the zoom speed in the standard Microsoft utility.

PHenry
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I liked this blog, I even wrote one with some additional tidbits of info.

http://www.pchenry.c... ... fault.aspx

Thanks for the info.

• Guests
  • Last active:
Hi everybody!

I'm trying to change zoom to scroll, I changed commands.xml

in ALL section, StandartSupport

It has effect for all apps expect firefox.

Next, I changed

to

in ENG section, still no effect

Finally, I add two last rows in

of RUS section (I use russian windows 7 and russian firefox 6.0 beta) and when I try to scroll itype.exe gives error 'error installing intellitype software'

Any ideas?

• Guests
  • Last active:
the solution - http://osherove.com/... ... nomic.html
works for win7 32bit + ff6!