Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

ALT-TAB replacement with icons and window titles in ListView

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic
capitalH
  • Members
  • 64 posts
  • Last active: Apr 05 2012 05:18 AM

Is anyone else noticing a huge amount of page faults for alttab? My AutoHotKey.exe running alttab shows 15 million page faults, the next item is explorer with only 1.8 million.

Thanks,
d

No - AltTab - 48k vs Firefox at 10million (and many others in between)

• Guests
  • Last active:

Is anyone else noticing a huge amount of page faults for alttab? My AutoHotKey.exe running alttab shows 15 million page faults, the next item is explorer with only 1.8 million.

Thanks,
d

No - AltTab - 48k vs Firefox at 10million (and many others in between)

Ok, I think its probably a problem on my system. I restart Firefox a lot also as it gets big so that is probably why its not showing a high total, even though over the duration of all the firefox runs its probably pretty high. Still a little weird that AHK would be so high, I guess because it gets activated a lot. Thx.

MKNENI
  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • Last active: Apr 05 2012 02:19 AM
Very nice program. Can this be activated by a mouse gesture ( in addition to ALT+TAB ) like right mouse down and drag down. I want to keep the ALT+TAB window until I activate a window or inactivate ALT+TAB window.

Thanks in advance.

reesd
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • Last active: Oct 29 2013 03:31 AM
The latest/08-04-13 version of AltTab.ahk seems to break with the latest AHKL. The problem seems to be on line 396 where its calling ListView with an r option with a blank value.

Instead of this
Gui, 1: Add, ListView, x-1 y+-4 r%Window_Found_Count% w%Listview_Width% AltSubmit -Multi NoSort Background%Listview_Colour% Count10 gListView_Event vListView1 HWNDhw_LV_ColorChange,%Col_Title_List%
it needs to be this
    Gui, 1: Add, ListView, x-1 y+-4 w%Listview_Width% AltSubmit -Multi NoSort Background%Listview_Colour% Count10 gListView_Event vListView1 HWNDhw_LV_ColorChange,%Col_Title_List%

I've put the original version in github along with my updates at <!-- m -->https://github.com/s... ... AltTab.ahk<!-- m -->.

This particular change is at
<!-- m -->https://github.com/s... ... AltTab.ahk<!-- m -->

d

reesd
  • Members
  • 16 posts
Are other folks still using AltTab.ahk? I can stand Windows without it, but since no one else noticed the issue with AHKL I wonder if people have moved on to something else?

Thanks,
d

reesd
  • Members
  • 16 posts

FYI, I needed to add ASCIII code 222 for backslash to keep backslash working. I'm not sure why, but recently my backslash code seemed to change from 220 to 222. I recently updated to BootCamp 3.2, so possibly that caused it? In any case, here is the change in case anyone else is having the problem. I basically added the " or Key_Pressed_ASCII =222".

If (Key_Pressed_ASCII =92 or Key_Pressed_ASCII =220 or Key_Pressed_ASCII =222) ; \ or Alt+\

d

I added this change to my github version at
<!-- m -->https://github.com/s... ... AltTab.ahk<!-- m -->

anarki
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Last active: Mar 05 2012 12:08 PM
Really nice stuff! Found your script a week ago and now i can't stand Windows without it. That's exactly the alt-tab dialogue i want to have in everyday use. Thank you!

capitalH
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Are other folks still using AltTab.ahk? I can stand Windows without it, but since no one else noticed the issue with AHKL I wonder if people have moved on to something else?

Thanks,
d

I am using it - though since I to _L I rewrote it. Most of the data is now stored in objects in my version - since I find it easier to manage and understand.

reesd
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Thanks,
d

I am using it - though since I to _L I rewrote it. Most of the data is now stored in objects in my version - since I find it easier to manage and understand.

Care to share :)? I prefer objects also.

reesd
  • Members
  • 16 posts
I must admit I have yet to get group hot keys to work. Everything I try just pops the list view up for a second then closes it. Has anyone else got it to work who can tell me what I am missing?

What I would really like is a keyboard way to switch groups once the listview is up. Left/Right arrow would be great for cycling through the tabs, or even 1,2,3 for that tab would work well also.

While I am listing features, I would love to search through the list based on the keys pressed rather than just jumping to the item that starts with that key. The 7plus accelerator does this, but is missing a bunch of stuff. I actually now run both, I use alttab for switching and accelerator for finding...

d

capitalH
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Thanks,
d

Care to share :)? I prefer objects also.

Done
Please share enhancements - it is not done, but it is working. You will notice there is some plans at the top.

http://www.autohotke...lH/AltTab_L.zip

capitalH
  • Members
  • 64 posts

What I would really like is a keyboard way to switch groups once the listview is up. Left/Right arrow would be great for cycling through the tabs, or even 1,2,3 for that tab would work well also.

Check my upload - does it to what you want?

reesd
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Wow, your updates look very, very cool. The left/right between groups is exactly what I was looking for.

One initial question, how do I get settings? Right-click doesn't seem to be doing for me. I've manually edited DefaultSettings in the AHK file for now, but I suspect I am just missing something.

Oh, and I noticed in the release notes you added my other big want - incremental search, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. Is there a trick to using it?

Thanks!
dave

capitalH
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Wow, your updates look very, very cool. The left/right between groups is exactly what I was looking for.

One initial question, how do I get settings? Right-click doesn't seem to be doing for me. I've manually edited DefaultSettings in the AHK file for now, but I suspect I am just missing something.

Oh, and I noticed in the release notes you added my other big want - incremental search, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. Is there a trick to using it?

Thanks!
dave

in newfunctions.ahk - you can edit the function defaultsettings. Other than that there is no way to edit the settings (feel free to add though). I am not working on it at the moment - so it's not coming soon.

reesd
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Thanks!
dave

in newfunctions.ahk - you can edit the function defaultsettings. Other than that there is no way to edit the settings (feel free to add though). I am not working on it at the moment - so it's not coming soon.

Cool, edited it and its working great. The ability to swap between groups is as great as I hoped. I can keep my dev windows separate from my word/email windows. Like virtual desktops, but better for how I work at least.

Thanks! This is really great.

Oh, and is there a trick to incremental search? I see it in the release notes but I can't figure out the trick to making it work. For me it keeps just going to the item that starts with each letter.

Thanks again!