Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

What is a window control

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic
Joefiesta
  • Members
  • 83 posts
  • Last active: May 07 2014 05:24 PM
Can someone tell me where I can find the definition of a window control in Autohotkey?

Also, is a "control" (of a window) different than a "GUI control"?

SoLong&Thx4AllTheFish
  • Members
  • 4999 posts
  • Last active:
Window control doesn't ring a bell. A control does, basically everything you see in a window is a control: text, buttons, checkbox, radio button, edit etc look at the control* commands <!-- m -->http://www.autohotke...cs/commands.htm<!-- m -->

Joefiesta
  • Members
  • 83 posts
  • Last active: May 07 2014 05:24 PM
I read ALL the control commands. None of them comes right out and says what a control is. I find that to be a major shortcoming of the documentation. While it is extensive, it fails to provide succinct definitions.

(Sorry, I didn't mean to confuse the issue with "window control". That phrase was just to differentiate "control" from "GUI control".)

Thanks for the reply Hugo

SoLong&Thx4AllTheFish
  • Members
  • 4999 posts
  • Last active:
Right click on AutoHotkey icon in your systray and choose Window Spy now hover over a window and its controls you will see what I mean and see what a control as as it will change when you move your mouse around (note it won't work with all programs as some can't be read by AutoHotkey or the windows spy such as Java applications for example)

jaco0646
  • Moderators
  • 3165 posts
  • Last active: Apr 01 2014 01:46 AM

I read ALL the control commands. None of them comes right out and says what a control is. I find that to be a major shortcoming of the documentation. While it is extensive, it fails to provide succinct definitions.

The Help file is not intended as a dictionary of programming vocabulary. You may notice the acronym "GUI" is never defined under the GUI command either. I think few languages' documentation will explicitly define generic terminology like Boolean, binary, string, subroutine, etc. etc.; otherwise, every language would have enormous, redundant documentation. The term control (also called a widget) is applicable to any language with GUI capability.

tank
  • Moderators
  • 4242 posts
  • Last active: Oct 01 2014 01:38 PM
I used to wonder this as well

i think this is what your asking
what does ClassNN represent