Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Could someone help me make F5 refresh?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic
rameses
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Apr 19 2011 12:15 AM
I have to press 'fn' + F5 for it to refresh. I would like to make it so just F5 refreshes.

I have not a clue what I am doing. :oops:

And can I un-install the program once I do what I want?

j--hn
  • Members
  • 176 posts
  • Last active: Oct 26 2011 02:42 PM
I assume you want F5 to refresh your browser
F5::Browser_Refresh

girlgamer
  • Moderators
  • 3263 posts
  • Last active: Feb 01 2015 09:49 AM
please explain exactly step-by-step what you have to do to "refresh".

The universe is a wondrous place! The faster you create unbreakable code, the faster the universe creates people that can break it. All scripting follows the rule Rule Of Twos -- 1) Good, 2) Fast 3) Cheap -- pick any Two.
I guarantee absolutely nothing about any code I provide except that it works in my machine. ●
MMO Fighter   KeyLooperDemo   Key Spammer   TinyClickRecorder  GGs Password Generator.ahk
For the newest version of AutoHotkey and some killer scripts go here.
Rock-on%20kitten.gif

OceanMachine
  • Members
  • 790 posts
  • Last active: Aug 23 2013 02:10 PM
You might find this post useful: <!-- m -->http://www.autohotke...pic.php?t=69450<!-- m -->

It describes how you might be able to change the function of your 'F-keys' and the 'Fn' key behaviour.

Alternatively, it will give you some info about checking the key code of your special "Fn" key and possibly how to create a hotkey that will trigger it.

If you can work out how to get the KeyHistory from that post, then press your Fn key and let us know what the VK/SC codes are for it and then we can help.
My code is written for AHK Basic unless otherwise specified. This means it may not work in AHK_L (especially Unicode), due to a few known compatibility issues.

forgot to login
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I had the same problem with a Dell Studio laptop. There is a setting in the BIOS that can change the functionality so you don't need to use the FN (pronounced effing) key in union with the F5 key. Annoyed the crap outta me, can't figure out why Dell set it up that way by default. Google around for that, and you shold find an article or walk through on how to change that setting if you are unfamiliar with a BIOS.
~Cheers

rameses
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Apr 19 2011 12:15 AM
Thank you everyone for your help. ^^

I went back to BIOS and disabled action keys just for the heck of it, and now they work. So it's backwards. :p
It says in BIOS that enabled lets you press action keys without fn, and disabled you have to press fn, but it's the other way around for me. xD

Anyway, my problem is resolved I guess. =]

j--hn
  • Members
  • 176 posts
  • Last active: Oct 26 2011 02:42 PM

Thank you everyone for your help. ^^

I went back to BIOS and disabled action keys just for the heck of it, and now they work. So it's backwards. :p
It says in BIOS that enabled lets you press action keys without fn, and disabled you have to press fn, but it's the other way around for me. xD

Anyway, my problem is resolved I guess. =]

:arrow: I think it's the other way around. If i'm understand it correctly what you're doing now is basically set the BIOS to press the Fn for you that's why on BIOS it say enabled. So when you think you only press F5 actually it's Fn+F5. It won't be a problem if you don't use the F Keys at all, but if there's some application that use F Key, you won't be able to use it.

EDIT: I got it wrong, :oops: Sorry everyone.
This is a more proper explanation :
- Fn Key works like a switch, it remaps scancodes based on whether the Fn key is depressed.
- On some laptop Fn Key behaviour can be changed/switched (to suit user preference). Enable/Disable Fn Key options on BIOS does not actually turning Fn Key On/Off but rather change the 'depressed state' flags. For convenience, I would call it the 'Quick Access Mode' & 'Standard Mode'
Posted Image
Quick Acess Mode : When FnKey is enabled on BIOS, it would send 'secondary' function of the pressed button, instead of the 'primary', when fn Key was not depressed(As if you press Fn Button). Some manufacturer use this as a default behaviour, so it would enable easy access to change brightness/volume/MultiMedia Keys, etc. So if you press F5 it would turn the volume up (secondary function) & if you press Fn+F5 it would send F5 (primary function).
Standard Mode : When FnKey is disabled on BIOS, it would send 'primary' function of the pressed button, instead of the 'secondary', when fn Key was not depressed(As if you do not press Fn Button). So if you press F5 it would send F5(primary function) & if you press Fn+F5 it would turn the volume up (secondary function).

- On rameses case the default behaviour/'factory setting' is the 'Quick Access Mode', disabling Fn Key on BIOS putting it back to 'Standard Mode'. Thus F5 to refresh work. :wink: