Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate

How do I know what key I am pressing

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic
Bloomstomb
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I have a cideko air keyboard I am using,

It has up down left right arrow keys but for some reason I cannot use
the UP DOWN LEFT RIGHT hotkey commands in proven working script.

Here is the script I am using, that I know works, and works with regular keyboards.

#Down::
Send {blind}{NumpadSub}
return

#Up::
Send {blind}{NumpadAdd}
return

Is there a way to find out what AHK thinks these keys are?

I have tried this and it works fine so I know the issue is not with the winlogo key but with the arrow keys.

#1::
Send {blind}{NumpadSub}
return

#2::
Send {blind}{NumpadAdd}
return

Otherwise, the arrow keys function exactly like the arrow keys on other keyboards. Im sure they have a different name tho. Also, it should be noted that I have 2 keyboards connected to the computer , one a wireless and other a usb cable (the script works fine with the usb wired keyboard, infact I can press the winlogo key on the cideko air, and press the down /up arrow keys on my wired usb kb, and it actualy works!)

Here is a link to the cideko air keyboard I have.
http://www.google.co... ... FIQ8gIwBA#

You can see the arrow keys top left of that picture.

Thank you for your suggestions.

tonne
  • Members
  • 1654 posts
  • Last active: May 06 2014 06:22 PM
Are you looking for KeyHistory?

• Guests
  • Last active:
OK it gets weirder!

I can hold down the winlogo key on my wired and hold down the down/ up keys in the cideko , and the script works.

I can hold down the winlogo key on the cideko and use the down/up keys on the wired keyboard, and the script works.

I can use the winlogo key on the cideko and use the number 1 and number 2 keys on the cideko , and it works.

It just doesnt work when I use the up down keys on the cideko, and the winlogo on the cideko.

VERY weird.

If anyone has any idea off the top of their head why this should be, great. If not Im going to have to switch hotkeys.

• Guests
  • Last active:

Are you looking for KeyHistory?

I used another program that detects keys, and sure enough, those keys on the cideko ARE the up and down arrow keys that are on the keyboard, so I guess the issue is no longer what keys am I pressing, but just that the script doesnt work with this cideko keyboard.

• Guests
  • Last active:
ok, how do i use key history? I created a script

keyhistory

When i run it , it flashes something quick, and nothing else.

nimda
  • Members
  • 4368 posts
  • Last active: Jan 15 2014 02:47 PM
[color=red]#Persistent[/color] ; keep running

#InstallKeybdHook ; Better for keys

KeyHistory

• Guests
  • Last active:
Thank you.

It confirmed 1 thing. That when I hold down the winlogo key , then press the up or down key on the cideko, it disables the winlogo key and just changes it to a plain old up or down stroke.

Nothing to do with AHK. Ill take it up with cideko.
Bummer.