Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Appifyer (0.99 alpha) - Launch & hotkey any apps

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic
Frankie
  • Members
  • 2930 posts
  • Last active:
Posted Image

Anything new?

sumon
  • Moderators
  • 1314 posts
  • Last active: Mar 06 2014 10:23 AM

Posted Image

Anything new?

Hey Frankie and thanks for the bump & feedback. By the way, I totally agree on your ideas (except for not paying - since I think that's going to empower users and devs, but that is a later question).

Appifyer progress has been very slow due to lack of efficient coding time, which in its' turn has been caused by learning a new job and 9 hours less spare time each day.

However, I have began "Objectifying" the way Appifyer handles apps, something that will make it more stable, easier to manage apps and easier to communicate with the Appifyer server. The initial plan was to release the beta the 15th of august, so there will be no more alpha release (I'll just seemlessly move onto "beta" however) - the beta will also largely incorporate the introduction of the dev-part of Appifyer: You guys might find it useful to distribute aswell as use stuff.

I also intend to clean up the source well enough for it to be releasable, and I hope that if someone feels they can and want to contribute, they should be able to. So, Appifyer -> Open source. Seems like a good idea.

A few planned features:

- Mouse gestures and other launching methods
- Better "autostart" for apps and the ability to connect apps to launch "with" programs (f.ex. connecting Spotifyer to the launch of Spotify)
- Better settings GUI (need help with this one, since I'm not very good at listviews and the custom "tabs" I have in mind are a bit complex), supporting more apps and menu choices
- Ability to feedback the devs, review or vote for apps from your PC, better handling of documentation & license agreements.

... and much more, much of which will be during the beta.

Anything else in specific that you'd like to request? Nimda has been giving me a lot of feedback that will also be taken in consideration.

nimda
  • Members
  • 4368 posts
  • Last active: Jan 15 2014 02:47 PM
I thought I would put this request on the forums: Appifyer and possibly other apps should be on Github or another similar website where multiple people can be working on the source. This way, I would be able to fix bugs and alert you of the changes too.

sumon
  • Moderators
  • 1314 posts

I thought I would put this request on the forums: Appifyer and possibly other apps should be on Github or another similar website where multiple people can be working on the source. This way, I would be able to fix bugs and alert you of the changes too.

Yes that was a good idea to put it here. I've heard it before too. I want to fulfill it, too. Is there anyone else who like nimda would be interested in this?

Frankie
  • Members
  • 2930 posts
  • Last active:

Is there anyone else who like nimda would be interested in this?

Meeeeeeee!

Uberi
  • Moderators
  • 1118 posts
  • Last active: Apr 04 2014 01:20 AM
Definitely. You're almost done putting it up there, too, might as well make use of it. There are very clear instructions at the GitHub Help page.

Frankie
  • Members
  • 2930 posts
  • Last active:

There are very clear instructions at the GitHub Help page.

I'd argue that. It took me a few days to get Git/GitHub running. I ended up making it work with TortoiseGit. Great program.

nimda
  • Members
  • 4368 posts
"Boompa loompa doopity do! I've got another bumper for you!"
If i is possible for you and I to be on the IRC at the same time, I can help you set up github :)
From there, you wouldn't even need too much coding time: I could fork it, commit changes, and send you a pull request every so often. Better yet, Github has this "organizations" feature, and we could work off of (generally) the same codebase. There's also a bug tracker, easy reverts...
Consider adding other apps too

sumon
  • Moderators
  • 1314 posts

"Boompa loompa doopity do! I've got another bumper for you!"
If i is possible for you and I to be on the IRC at the same time, I can help you set up github :)
From there, you wouldn't even need too much coding time: I could fork it, commit changes, and send you a pull request every so often. Better yet, Github has this "organizations" feature, and we could work off of (generally) the same codebase. There's also a bug tracker, easy reverts...
Consider adding other apps too

<3

Indeed I have also set my mind, something like Appifyer oughta deserve to be a community effort. And open source. As for other apps I should add an upload/suggest feature on the site, but until then I am happy to receive suggestions, requests or contributions.

nimda
  • Members
  • 4368 posts

Consider adding other apps [to github] too

my bad :p
Now, we just have to find time to both be on the IRC
(or, you could read the tutorial and swear your way through it until it works :lol:)

Frankie
  • Members
  • 2930 posts
  • Last active:
How's it going? I see the site is ready for a transition to beta, but I haven't really seen/heard anything on GitHub or elsewhere. Any news?

By the way, I'd like to make apps for this, so I'm looking forward to being able to upload them. I have a pretty simple one I made a while ago that I need to give some new features to, but I need to know if we can have command line parameter support through Appifyer and other details.

sumon
  • Moderators
  • 1314 posts

How's it going? I see the site is ready for a transition to beta, but I haven't really seen/heard anything on GitHub or elsewhere. Any news?

By the way, I'd like to make apps for this, so I'm looking forward to being able to upload them. I have a pretty simple one I made a while ago that I need to give some new features to, but I need to know if we can have command line parameter support through Appifyer and other details.

As for the beta, I think I'll strive for a smooth transition rather than an all-at-the-time. The source code has been improved somewhat now, and when the beta is released (no current ETA) it will also be open source and published to GitHub.

I'm glad you're looking forward to being able to upload them :) I don't seem to be able to wrap up the upload function correctly at the moment. Commandline parameter support is planned (both in the form of inserting a specific string such as "/fastmode" or whatever, and in the form of inserting clipboard data). The setting for this will be app-specific and under advanced, probably.

As for general news, I'm actually going to Stockholm tomorrow to present Appifyer publicly and participate in a Business Challenge - I've been looking forward to this, and it will be interesting to see how it goes.

sumon
  • Moderators
  • 1314 posts
Updates:

Working hard on Appifyer v1.2 (beta) now. Although I won no prize in Stockholm, I got some great encouragement from both entrepreneurs, visitors and jury. I hope and believe Appifyer will become useful to even more people in the future.

I have condensed the GUI settings a bit, adding GroupBoxes (looks nice?) etc., also widening the GUI to allow for more apps. I've also improved the Feedback function: It now uses an Appifyer API to send it from serverside, instead of from client. Some more changes, too.

Left to do before I publish/push the release and source code (to Github, yes):

- Solidifying individual apps settings (such as commandline parameters, "hooking" onto other applications, whether or not to show on AppsMenu, etc.) which will be accessible through the main App Settings window
- Implementing some of the apps settings above
- Further improving source code, by cleaning up/rewriting some stuff
- Making sure all required media (images) get properly included before distribution

In parallel I've been working on the website (check it out if you haven't) and plan to improve drastically the apps section, the forums, and the way developers (you guys? :p) can upload/link to apps/scripts/etc for full Appifyer integration.

Longterm (post-1.2) major changes will be to drastically improve the GUI using cGUI (once I learn how to properly use it),

sumon
  • Moderators
  • 1314 posts
Some more updates...

Some sneak peak features before the beta:

- You can register as a developer with your Appifyer.com forum account (implemented)
- You can easily (send and) receive feedback to your email without exposing it, using Appifyer's dev API. A code snippet will be published at a later date for easy #including into your own app. (implemented)
- Fancy splash image while loading Settings (implemented)
- Resizable Apps GUI (implemented)
- App specific options such as "windows hooking"/commandline input, whether to display in app meny, more... (partially implemented)
- Bugfree feedback function (implemented)

Left to do:

- Implement some of the app options
- Remove all .ini-related bugs
- Implement an online virus scan for uploaded apps

sumon
  • Moderators
  • 1314 posts
Some [sneaky self promotion / very nice information]...

Website update

See New Web Looks news post (or this image) for some of the changes. More information (f.ex. installation guide) in general has been added, so feel free to explore.

Dev center

One of the more important news features (for many of you guys) is the Dev center where you can register as a developer and start uploading your applications! That's right, you can start today. All features are not 100% added, but I'm looking forward to having you try the early Appifying process (uploading your apps) and tell me how it works.

In parallel with working with the AHK application Appifyer, I will be making improvement over time to Appifyer.com to make things as nice as possible for both developers and users seeking to provide or receive a better experience.

So, a little dev pitch:

Posted Image