Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

scite

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic
kiu
  • Members
  • 234 posts
  • Last active: Oct 10 2010 07:30 PM
1)how to install ahk.properties for scite?
2)can someone share it's scite configuration?
3)is code fold supported?

Greg
  • Members
  • 245 posts
  • Last active: Jun 02 2006 05:39 PM
What is scite?

kiu
  • Members
  • 234 posts
scite is a very powerfull editor with many usefull commands
take a look at http://www.scintilla.org/SciTE.html

kiu
  • Members
  • 234 posts
sorry, error

kiu
  • Members
  • 234 posts
does noone know how to answer my questions?

BoBo
  • Guests
  • Last active:
TBH, no. But please check the Forum for Lexer and you should find something usefull (6 matches). Once you got that AHKLexer check out scites webpage for further advise how to implement/compile it. Good luck. 8)

PhiLho
  • Moderators
  • 6850 posts
  • Last active: Jan 02 2012 10:09 PM
I missed the topic this morning...
AFAIK, there is no AutoHotkey lexer for SciTE. The ahk.properties file, which is a bit outdated/with errors, uses the asm lexer... This is basically inappropriate (eg. not seeing the /* */ comments) but it is probably better than nothing... (at least, one line comments are OK...)

Someday, I will update ahk.properties using (autohotkeydir)\Extras\Editors\Syntax files...

And in an even farther day (depending on scarce free time), I may write a AHK lexer with folding of braces () {} and block comments, and perhaps of code related to hotkeys, if I can find a nice algorithm sorting out hotkey lines from lines with the :: string inside...

We have two options for such a lexer:
- Something quite primitive, perhaps able to correctly parse expressions, but mostly giving up after a command.
- Something more powerful, able to separate unquoted strings from expressions from variables, etc. I fear that would need to make a special case for each command, mimicking more or less the real AHK parser. I doubt I will make this someday...

Now, to your other questions:
1) Just put it with the other .properties files, likely to be in same directory as the SciTE.exe (or WSciTE.exe) file.
In the global configuration file (or, better, your user configuration file), you may want to add the
AutoHotkey|ahk||\
line to the menu.language line, and you must add
import ahk
so your ahk.properties gets loaded.

2) I share my SciTE config. on my site, but it is probably a bit outdated (no AHK yet) and I am not sure it is what you want (the infos above may be what you want).

SciTE is a fine choice. It may have a high learning curve for configuration, but it is powerful. It is my editor of choice for years.

BoBo
  • Guests
  • Last active:

if I can find a nice algorithm sorting out hotkey lines from lines with the :: string inside

Sounds like a LS&P challenge (aka Laszlo & shimanov & PhiLho), isn't it ? :lol:

• Guests
  • Last active:
I have scite with full ahk suport(highlighting and folding), I am using one dll (SciLexer.dll) compiled by a friend some time ago so it is not updated(works with scite 1.66),and I have no idea how to update it.
If it interests you I can Try to put it in somewhere for download

kiu
  • Members
  • 234 posts
many thanks to all. I think that scite is very promising, but the work to do is much. Maybe in future... 8)