Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Warcraft III - WarKeys the new Keycraft

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Is it not possible to remap Silencer's last word?

• Guests
  • Last active:
I forgot to mention in my previous post that I was referring to his skill learning.

• 290 posts
  • Last active: Oct 13 2010 02:12 AM
As of right now the answer in no. We are currently working on a fix for it.

The reason it doesn't work:
Some of the spells (especially those envolved orb effects) do not have a CustomKeys.txt code that we can find. We therefore cannot change it using current methods.

The solution:
As of today, the creator of DotaKeys and I are teaming up. We plan to write a program based on DotaKeys that creates a AHK file to run during the game. The script will rebind your keys in the game so it will act as if they were remapped.

For Example:
You could write your own script if you need something right away. I think this will work (untested):
~q::Send, {Blind}l
Press q will send q as usual but also l.

Misunderstood_one
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Got version Warkeys-0.15.3.0a, installed it, rebooted, tried to use the program, and i got an error that AHKTreeSupport.dll cannot be found, only thing is that i can see it in the install folder . . .
I'm using Windows98SE

• 290 posts
The only reason I can think that would happen would be because the executable was moved out of the install folder. Does the problem still happen if you run the program straight out of the install folder? Also, if you have the shortcut on your desktop, does it give you the same error?

Edit:

I'm having the same problem on my Win98 machine. I'll try to fix it ASAP.

It seems to be a problem with AutoHotkey. We might have to wait for them to release a new version. You can follow the post here:
http://www.autohotke...p?p=58242#58242

Misunderstood_one
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I'll wait for next version, in the mean time i downloaded the sources exe, and i found a CustomKeys.txt file in it, i guess it will do for now.

• 290 posts
We isolated the problem and the next version of AutoHotkey should fix it. I'm trying to get a work around written and I'll make it available as soon as I can. There seems to be a problem with the Tree as well...

Okay, try this: http://www.autohotke...eys_Win98SE.exe
Note: You no longer need to download this file!

Download the file to the warkeys directory. You shouldn't have to rename it, but you can if you want. It works okay on my Win98SE machine, however I didn't test all of the features.

Edit:
The latest version should work for you. Download the other file *ONLY* if the lastest version doesn't work.

Misunderstood_one
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I downloaded Warkeys-0.15.5.0a; installed, and the program started, no more errors about that nasty dll. Only thing is that it didn't show the icons and keys, makeing it impossible to change anything(Clicked: Undead->Buildings->Necropolis, and it didn't show any icons). Right clik on the place where the icon should show up didn't do anything too.
I downloaded then the
http://www.autohotke...eys_Win98SE.exe
file, put it in the install folder, and everything worked, icons showed up, and i could see what letter was assigned to each, and change it to my likeing.
Nice program! really like it.

• 290 posts
We had the same problem on Win XP with the icons not showing up, so I fixed that but didn't get a chance to test it on Win 98SE. The only other issue at the moment with the Win 98SE patch is that Lycanthrope's Shapeshift Hotkey is missing. I'll probably release yet another version that works on Win 98SE.

GenocideAlive
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Just as an FYI caveat, using this program constitutes a third-party program (hack) in Blizzard's eyes. I don't particularly like hotkeys sometimes, but it seems to me that you'd be better off being a little bit slower than getting banned over using it.

• 290 posts

Just as an FYI caveat, using this program constitutes a third-party program (hack) in Blizzard's eyes. I don't particularly like hotkeys sometimes, but it seems to me that you'd be better off being a little bit slower than getting banned over using it.

Actually this statement is untrue. The exact statement made by Blizzard is that they do not support any third party programs that modify the customkeys.txt. This simply means that you cannot contact Blizzard if you have any problems with WarKeys and that you use WarKeys at your own risk. A "hack" by definition is a program that modifies another program, often in an unauthorized manner, by changing the code itself.

Because the only thing that WarKeys produces for use with Warcraft III is the text file CustomKeys.txt is proof that WarKeys is not a hack. The CustomKeys.txt can be modified by the user with or without WarKeys with the only danger being that any errors in the file can cause the user to have hotkey conflicts or be disconnected. WarKeys purpose is to prevent the errors that can occur when users attempt to modify the CustomKeys.txt with notepad or another text editor.

The separate program, AutoWarkey which use AutoHotkey to remap the keyboard, has often led users to have concerns with being accused of using a hack. Blizzard does allow MouseWare programs that allow players to remap their mouse buttons (if not their keyboard too). Also, I'm sure players are allowed to use any keyboard or joystick of their choice, including programmable keyboards. AutoHotkey simply allows users to remap their keyboard using software with what can be accomplished with remapable keyboard (or a heavy lock and a Electrical Engineering degree).

So there is no need to worry. You won't get banned for using WarKeys.

lordkrandel
  • Guests
  • Last active:
There are differences between the WoW Eula and that of WC3.

In WoW _ ANY _ third party program is forbidden.
In WC3 only hacks and UNATTENDED macroing are forbidden

I can't remember any links, please check it anyway.

Mn3MoN1C
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Oct 05 2006 04:28 AM
http://www.blizzard....rt/?id=asi0460p

What is a "hack" or "third party" program?
Any program made and distributed by someone other than Blizzard Entertainment, that is used to modify, cheat, or alter Blizzard Entertainment games.

These may include, but are not limited to:

Programs that reveal the game map and/or player positions (commonly called maphacks)
Programs that change text color in chat channels
Programs that modify game items or units
Programs that cause other players to disconnect from the game servers, or cause server/game crashes

Fat kid
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Is there any way to change keyboard scroll from the arrow keys to WASD? It would make it a TON easier to play... don't know why it's not an in-game option.

• Guests
  • Last active:

Is there any way to change keyboard scroll from the arrow keys to WASD? It would make it a TON easier to play... don't know why it's not an in-game option.

anyone have an answer for this? I would also like to do this.