Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate

Send Ctrl Alt Break to Force RDC full screen

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Hi

I have a Dell which doesn't have the Break key.

I understand from other forums that Ctrl Alt Break is required to force full screen remote desktop session with windows 7

I have tried this code, to map F6 to Ctrl Alt Break, but doesn't seem to work

F6:: Send{LCtrl}{LAlt}{Break}

please help

wooly_sammoth
  • Members
  • 644 posts
  • Last active: Jul 03 2013 08:08 PM
I've not really used the Break key for anything before so bear with me if this doesn't work.

On the Send page of the documentation it only mentions the key {CtrlBreak} so my first option would be to try that instead of {Break} if that doesn't work I'd then try trying to find out the code of the key by running a script which uses the keyboard hook, then pressing the Break Key and then viewing the Key History. Once I'd found the key code I would then use this with send.

Mor information on the second option is detailed under 'Special Keys' on the 'Key List' page of the documentation.

I'd give those options a go first but if they don't work post back here with some details on what you've tried.
The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up.

• Guests
  • Last active:
I tried to do this too and i can not get it to work. The scancodes for break and pause are 146 and 045 but sending them with ^!{sc146} does nothing.
Please help

girlgamer
  • Moderators
  • 3263 posts
  • Last active: Feb 01 2015 09:49 AM
Sometimes it's necessary to send a control key or a modifier key and hold it while sending an operation key. Sending control alt h, for example, might require
send, {LCtrl Down}{LAlt Down}h{LAlt Up}{LCtrl Up}
as if you had pressed the control and alt keys and held them while the H key was being sent then released them once the h key was pressed and released.

The universe is a wondrous place! The faster you create unbreakable code, the faster the universe creates people that can break it. All scripting follows the rule Rule Of Twos -- 1) Good, 2) Fast 3) Cheap -- pick any Two.
I guarantee absolutely nothing about any code I provide except that it works in my machine. ●
MMO Fighter   KeyLooperDemo   Key Spammer   TinyClickRecorder  GGs Password Generator.ahk
For the newest version of AutoHotkey and some killer scripts go here.
Rock-on%20kitten.gif

• Guests
  • Last active:
Unfortunately that was the very first thing i tried and it didnt work either. I tried to get ctrlaltdelete to work and it didnt either so the problem isnt the pause/break key.

girlgamer
  • Moderators
  • 3263 posts
  • Last active: Feb 01 2015 09:49 AM
Ok so the question then becomes can you send ANY multiple keystrokes to your "remote desktop" and have them function normally? And, if so, do they require delays to process correctly? Maybe the problem isn't the keys maybe it's the delay between the keys or maybe it's a privilege thing. The keys could be getting blocked because of some admin right that isn't being observed?

The universe is a wondrous place! The faster you create unbreakable code, the faster the universe creates people that can break it. All scripting follows the rule Rule Of Twos -- 1) Good, 2) Fast 3) Cheap -- pick any Two.
I guarantee absolutely nothing about any code I provide except that it works in my machine. ●
MMO Fighter   KeyLooperDemo   Key Spammer   TinyClickRecorder  GGs Password Generator.ahk
For the newest version of AutoHotkey and some killer scripts go here.
Rock-on%20kitten.gif

• Guests
  • Last active:
This is the code I used for testing. In the end it doesnt work and it seems impossible to do so I give up on this.

#InstallKeybdHook

a::SendInput, {LCtrl Down}{LAlt Down}{sc146}{LAlt Up}{LCtrl Up}  ;does nothing
c::SendInput, {LCtrl Down}{LAlt Down}{sc045}{LAlt Up}{LCtrl Up}  ;does nothing
b::SendInput, {LCtrl Down}{LAlt Down}{sc045}{sc146}{LAlt Up}{LCtrl Up}  ;does nothing
x::SendInput, {LCtrl Down}{LAlt Down}{Break}{LAlt Up}{LCtrl Up}  ;does nothing
s::SendInput, {LCtrl Down}{LAlt Down}{Del}{LAlt Up}{LCtrl Up}  ;does nothing
y::SendInput, {LCtrl Down}{LAlt Down}{Tab}{LAlt Up}{LCtrl Up}  ;works as expected
w::SendInput, {LCtrl Down}{LAlt Down}epm{LAlt Up}v{LCtrl Up}  ;works as expected
q::SendInput, {LCtrl Down}{Shift Down}{Tab}{Shift Up}{LCtrl Up}  ;works as expected

kdv_guest
  • Guests
  • Last active:
F6::send ^!{CtrlBreak}

Tom93
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Last active: Jun 01 2013 05:34 PM

F6::send ^!{CtrlBreak}

This was close.

F6::^!CtrlBreak 

works for me ! (Halfway - it'll expand from windowed to fullscreen, but won't take me back from fullscreen to windowed)

I hadn't considered trying "^CtrlBreak" - seems a little redundant

esbenrune
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Dec 05 2013 05:50 PM

This was close.

F6::^!CtrlBreak 

works for me ! (Halfway - it'll expand from windowed to fullscreen, but won't take me back from fullscreen to windowed)

I hadn't considered trying "^CtrlBreak" - seems a little redundant

Can anyone tell us how to get all the way, or give me at Break key on my laptop