Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate

MapleStory Keybinds

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic
Deered
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Hello everyone I am new to AHK it seems like a really good program but for some reason I can't get it to work with MapleStory...It works everywhere else I try it but when I try it in the game it doesn't work

I've tried ControlSend...SendEvent...SendPlay...SendInput and other various methods I've also tried renaming to JoyToKey and Compiling the script and it still doesn't work in MapleStory(but it works outside of MapleStory) here is my script

;Maple Story Macros

a::Send {Left down}
d::Send {Right down}
s::Send {Down down}
w::Send {Up down}
q::Send {Left down}{6}
e::Send {Right down}{6}

I'm wanting to add a way to make the enter key disable and enable to script so I can type in game but for now I am just trying to get this to work :) any help would be much appreciated.

Deered
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I thought I should also mention I've tried ~ as well :( this just ended up making it act wonky outside the game as well as not work inside the game :(

girlgamer
  • Moderators
  • 2997 posts
  • Last active: Today, 05:17 AM
If you are running in full screen mode, switch to windowed mode if possible. a number of games do not respond well in full screen mode. If You are currently in windowed mode you might check for any anti-hack or anti cheat software that is running inside maplestory. Finally try switching from the standard wasd keys for hotkeys to some other keys since a lot of games provide their own drivers for the controls. by using an unassigned key (like an alt-F for example or even one of the numpad keys) you may find you can at least verify that your script works inside the game.

• Guests
  • Last active:

If you are running in full screen mode, switch to windowed mode if possible. a number of games do not respond well in full screen mode. If You are currently in windowed mode you might check for any anti-hack or anti cheat software that is running inside maplestory. Finally try switching from the standard wasd keys for hotkeys to some other keys since a lot of games provide their own drivers for the controls. by using an unassigned key (like an alt-F for example or even one of the numpad keys) you may find you can at least verify that your script works inside the game.

I will try switching to another key and yes MapleStory uses GameGuard (and maybe something else?) I am running in windowed mode I will try switching the keys however the 6 key doesn't activate when I press q or e so I'm guessing it's the game...Also I saw another post as recent as yesterday talking about how they made a script for MapleStory but they were doing a loop and not a keybind. So I'm wondering how they managed to bypass

Deered
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Nope I tried changing the keys...still doesn't work :(

girlgamer
  • Moderators
  • 2997 posts
Some people have had good luck with programs like MapleStory by compiling their script into an exe file and altering the desktop icon using Icon option in the compiler then running the script as an exe instead of having autohotkey directly in their machine's process list. You might try that approach next.

I don't know if you've found this yet but there is a link to a work in progress that you might be interested in http://ftp.autohotke...=87244&p=541367

MapleBish
  • Members
  • 64 posts
  • Last active: Oct 29 2014 07:29 PM
Hi there. I'm the one working on the other MS script. Send for sure will not work as I have tested it in many kinds of ways. Later this weekend, I will have time to test my controlsend script and I can get back to you as to how it goes.

When you said you tried ControlSend... did you test to make sure it would send to an alternate program such as word first? Because chances are, if your script can't ControlSend commands to word, it probably won't to MS,

MapleBish
  • Members
  • 64 posts
Also, note that MS has its keyboard pretty much bound to every key. I think you'd have to send to a control that will then send controls according to the MS keyboard.

Your problem is that you can't get a hotkey to bypass the MS control
My problem is that I can't even send registered keystrokes onto the MS control. Until I can achieve this basic step, I can't really help

Deered
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I had an old keyboard called a Merc Zboard by Ideazon...I don't think they offer the drivers for it anymore...anyway that used to work...would it be possible to write like a keyboard driver like my old board had and if so where would I start acquiring the knowledge for such a project? lol

MapleBish
  • Members
  • 64 posts
Try run as admin. get back to me ASAP cause if it works, this would greatly benefit my script as well

girlgamer
  • Moderators
  • 2997 posts
@Deered
Ideazon merged with steelseries you may be able to find a driver on their website at http://steelseries.c...pport/downloads It just so happens that I have an Ideazon Z-pad as well so the drivers from there might be useful for me as well.

Cei
  • Members
  • 23 posts
  • Last active: Yesterday, 03:37 PM
a::left
s::down
d::right
W::up

Ctrl:: suspend ; this is the disable/enable key

Try this.

Ruevil2
  • Members
  • 195 posts
  • Last active: Oct 23 2014 02:27 PM

Maplestory is a DirectX game so ControlSend will not work. Everything you see on the screen is drawn, not a named control so you have nothing to point at.

It is important to note that because it uses the DirectInput portion of DirectX to capture keystrokes a Sleep will have to be inserted between each up/down keystroke. See more explanation/rant on the subject here.

Like this:

Send {w down}
Sleep, 10
Send {w up}

GameGuard is notoriously difficult to get around. You can try this method of workaround... (i have not tested this, seen it work on other games)

1)Create another login account on your pc(on the local OS NOT game sign-in, may need admin privileges)

2)Log on to your usual account.

3)Hold shift and right click on your script, select 'Run as different user' and enter the credentials of the new user

4)Run Maple Story and test

What this does:

Gameguard and all other programs are started with the first users privelidges and AHK with only the second users privileges. This should prevent GameGuard from being able to access any of the process started or in use by the first user. Give it a try and let me know if this helps!