I have a script which runs from Hotkeys. I want to add an additional functionality to the script: Allow the user to modify the existing hotkeys. There is only ONE hotkey in the script.
I am trying to put together a GUI (preferences GUI for the user) that allows the user with these three Hotkey options:
1. Single Press (any ONE button from the keyboard as a hotkey)
2. Combination press (i.e. Control + [...] OR Control + Shift + [...] OR Alt + [...] etc < these are just examples)
3. Hold down a Single Button for specified period (i.e. RButton for 0.5 seconds: If held for 0.5 seconds, trigger hotkey or else operate the button as normal)
I want these three options (i.e. perhaps through a Radio control and when one is selected, other two are disabled... etc)
I don't know how to go about implementing this - I know that Hotkey command would be used to change the hotkey, but It's the GUI im stuck on. What's the best way going about it. I've thought of two possible ways so far:
1. Dropdown menu of ALL the possible keyboard buttons for Option 1 and Option 3 Above
2. For Combination perhaps use an Edit box that displays what keys the User is pressing right now... perhaps use of Input command?
I really don't know how to go about this. Any body already accomplished this or has time to give it a try for me?
Thanks in advance.
User Preferences GUI - Allow them to set custom Hotkeys
2 replies to this topic