Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Rift Fishing Bot -simplistic-

• Please log in to reply
258 replies to this topic
serlenk
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I can't compare strings in the Russian RIFT's localization.
Log file has UTF-8 encoding.
Anybody have ideas how to compare strings?

NotCoder
  • Members
  • 38 posts
  • Last active: Mar 30 2016 08:07 PM
So you're saying it won't parse your log file?

• Guests
  • Last active:
I've tried both scripts. I've even tried Jerbo's script with Ilene's replaced text.

My character makes the cast and immediately brings it in. The fish gets away. Character waits a bit, casts again. Immediately reels in and the fish gets away.

Suggestions?

Zaorish
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Aug 12 2012 01:30 PM
Ru log.txt
13:27:26: Тащите рыбу!
13:27:27: [Зеленовато-голубой групер] в ваших руках.
13:27:30: Рыбалка прекращена
13:27:52: Рыба сорвалась. Какая досада.

From the log, he understands only the time

translation
13:27:26: Bring a fish!
13:27:27: [Greenish-blue grouper] is in your hands.
13:27:30: Fishing halted
13:27:52: The fish got away. What a shame.

Ravenlock
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Last active: Dec 25 2012 07:50 AM

I have noticed that the script will hang until the next go around with the loot bag open. is there a way to have it send a mouse click to loot the bag so that it doesn't wait an entire time limit before recycling naturally. IE I start script, it goes through the motions, gets a loot window, sits there.

I'm monitoring it, I see the loot window pop open, I carefully L mouse click to loot, and it immediately restarts rather than waiting another 30 seconds

ps, this is for the first script here. The other, more involved one, while I would love that one for the randomness, I flat out could not get to work

I got the last "official" posted script to work. I was running the script from /Rift/ and not /Rift Game/ where the actual log.txt is.

But what I don't like is that I cannot tab out of the game and do other things while fishing. Like read my Kindle book on my PC (which I prefer over on the Kindle btw). Or browse the web. The script forces a tab back to the game to place where to fish.

How can we stop this? Furthermore, can I not pause or stop the script from in the game? It seems I have to literally right-click and exit the Fishing.ahk file from my windows taskbar (far right corner near the clock where all the running programs show).

Thank you so very much for creating this script and working out any kinks. I really appreciate what you have done and cannot thank you enough for making it free.

I found this thread via Google search btw "Rift fishing bot". If I can find it so can Rift employees. I am pretty sure 3rd party scripts are "illegal" in the game. Or at least frowned upon? Not sure. But I'd like to know how likely I would be to get my account banned before I use this too frequently please?

NotCoder
  • Members
  • 38 posts
Unfortunately I am as the name denotes not a programmer ... :mrgreen: ... so some of these requirements (such as needing the window open) are beyond my abilities to work around.

A fix I may suggest would be to adjust certain variables (such as mouse click poisition for casting) so that you can keep the window tiled vertically with whatever you wish to use outside of the game (off the top of my head you will likely need to reactivate the window each time the script needs to execute an action.)

However to answer a few questions (if running original version of script)

All you have to do to exit the script is press the "escape" key on your keyboard and if you wish to pause press the "P" key.

As far as I understand it third party software is acceptable as long as you are there to monitor it. (i.e. programmable gaming keyboards)

But yes this script could indeed be left and it is (if used as an independant bot) likely illegal and I am sure they could find you through various monitoring techniques.

I would say unless you have a habit of sitting for 8-10 hours straight fishing, don't leave this prgram running for too long and you'll be fine.

NotCoder
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Ru log.txt

13:27:26: Тащите рыбу!
13:27:27: [Зеленовато-голубой групер] в ваших руках.
13:27:30: Рыбалка прекращена
13:27:52: Рыба сорвалась. Какая досада.

From the log, he understands only the time

translation
13:27:26: Bring a fish!
13:27:27: [Greenish-blue grouper] is in your hands.
13:27:30: Fishing halted
13:27:52: The fish got away. What a shame.

Sadly I have no knowledge of Russian but if you would like to PM me with the a copy of the script you're running, and a translation :lol:, I will see what I can do to perhaps offer some insight.

Ravenlock
  • Members
  • 6 posts
Thank you kindly for your prompt reply. Again, I appreciate all your efforts. I will certainly continue to use your script as it is and will be happy with the way it is.
Thanks again!

Unfortunately I am as the name denotes not a programmer ... :mrgreen: ... so some of these requirements (such as needing the window open) are beyond my abilities to work around.

A fix I may suggest would be to adjust certain variables (such as mouse click poisition for casting) so that you can keep the window tiled vertically with whatever you wish to use outside of the game (off the top of my head you will likely need to reactivate the window each time the script needs to execute an action.)

However to answer a few questions (if running original version of script)

All you have to do to exit the script is press the "escape" key on your keyboard and if you wish to pause press the "P" key.

As far as I understand it third party software is acceptable as long as you are there to monitor it. (i.e. programmable gaming keyboards)

But yes this script could indeed be left and it is (if used as an independant bot) likely illegal and I am sure they could find you through various monitoring techniques.

I would say unless you have a habit of sitting for 8-10 hours straight fishing, don't leave this prgram running for too long and you'll be fine.

Rand
  • Members
  • 17 posts
  • Last active: Jan 15 2013 03:27 PM
OK, so here is some pertinent info on my system, prolly. I am not a computer whiz, did not grow up in the computer age so let me know if you need any more info.

Win7 Home Premium 64 bit
I have my RIFT game stored at D:\Rift Game
I saved my AutoHotKey download to the Rift Game Folder (not sure if this matters)
If I run my script while in a blank Notepad and not in game, I can see the "-" enter into the text, so the script is working. It just is not working when in game.
I have my Fishing Pole on the "-" action bar position.
I am just trying to get the fishing to cast, it has not even cast the initial throw. I've done /log prior to fishing.
I have not figured out exactly how to find the cursor coordinates yet or to change them to where I want them to be. I have a rough estimate, from on line websites that show me the programmed numbers, but not exact locations on my screen.
I would also like to change the P and R hotkeys to something else not used in game.

The actual original script:

IfWinNotActive, RIFT, , WinActivate, RIFT, 
WinWaitActive, RIFT, 

fish :=0

top:

FileDelete, C:\Program Files (x86)\RIFT Game\log.txt ;Default game log file location.
last_line :=0
sleep, 500
Send, -
sleep, 400
MouseClick, left,  876,  373 ;Customize coordinates according to need.
Sleep, 200

If fish = 1
     goto bait

go:
Timer := A_TickCount
Go-Loop:
{
Loop, read, C:\Program Files (x86)\RIFT Game\log.txt ;Default game log file location.
    last_line := A_LoopReadLine
{
sleep, 200
    IfInString, last_line, lure has decayed
   fish :=1
    IfInString, last_line, Reel
   goto reel
    IfInString, last_line, away
   goto top
    IfInString, last_line, stop fishing
   goto top
    IfInString, last_line, received
   goto top
    If A_TickCount - Timer < 30000
                 Goto, Go-Loop
Goto, top
}
}

reel:
Loop
{
FileDelete, C:\Program Files (x86)\RIFT Game\log.txt ;Default game log file location.
sleep, 200
Send, -
goto go
}

bait:
Loop
{
sleep, 200
Send, 0
sleep, 200
MouseClick, left,  1601,  883 ;Customize coordinates according to need.
sleep, 4000
Reload
}

p::Pause
r::Reload
Escape::ExitApp

MY VERSION/CHANGES:

WinWaitActive, RIFT, 

top:

FileDelete, D:\RIFT Game\log.txt ;Default game log file location.
sleep, 500
Send, -
sleep, 400
MouseClick, left,  876,  373 ;Customize coordinates according to need.
Sleep, 200

If fish = 1
     goto bait

go:
Go-Loop:
{
Loop, read, D:\RIFT Game\log.txt ;Default game log file location.
{
sleep, 200
   goto reel
   goto top
   goto top
   goto top
                 Goto, Go-Loop
Goto, top
}
}

reel:
Loop
{
FileDelete, D:\RIFT Game\log.txt ;Default game log file location.
sleep, 200
Send, -
goto go
}

bait:
Loop
{
sleep, 200
Send, 0
sleep, 200
MouseClick, left,  1601,  883 ;Customize coordinates according to need.
sleep, 4000
Reload
}

p::Pause
r::Reload

Any help in figuring out why this isn't working for me would be truly appreciated. Any ideas?

OK, I will keep this Derp post up there for anyone who has the same brainfart I did. I corrected my problem by changing all the settings to "Run as Admin." Problem solved. Hope my derp helps someone someday :)

NotCoder
  • Members
  • 38 posts
If you go back to the first page of this thread there is some detailed explanations on how to ue the AutoIT to capture your preferred mouse coords.

In order to change the command keys simply edit the last three lines of the script to your desire I will PM you a presonalized edit.

Vaalis
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I cant find my log.txt location because I installed Rift via Steam. Does anyone know where it would be stored within Steam?

• Guests
  • Last active:

I cant find my log.txt location because I installed Rift via Steam. Does anyone know where it would be stored within Steam?

I just found it. For anyone who was wondering, it is located in the Steam/steamapps/common/rift section by default

Ravenlock
  • Members
  • 6 posts
Has anyone experienced a loss of this script working as of today's patch?
With everything double checked, logging enabled, script running, and having nothing changed on my part, the script doesn't seem to be working anymore. The "fish got away" every time. The only way to get the fish is to actually click the line.

Any help muchly appreciated.

WDguy
  • Guests
  • Last active:
for me i had to change the log file location in the script point to the My Documents sub folder rather than the Program Files subfolder...that allowed the script to at least try and work

the issue i'm getting after 1.10 is it only catches fish if it works on the first try...if it takes more than 1 reel, the fish gets away

it's like it's double-clicking or something

Rand
  • Members
  • 17 posts
  • Last active: Jan 15 2013 03:27 PM
Here is the copy of my changes after 1.10, everything was working fine with the help of NotCoder prior to the patch. I am in Win7 Home 64bit. Please let me know if I typed it wrong or whatever. It is not working as of post-1.10 tho.

WinWaitActive, RIFT, 

top:

FileDelete, c:\My Documents\RIFT\log.txt ;Default game log file location.
sleep, 500
Send, -
sleep, 400
MouseClick, left,  948,  348 ;Customize coordinates according to need.
Sleep, 200

If fish = 1
     goto bait

go:
Go-Loop:
{
Loop, read, c:\My Documents\RIFT\log.txt ;Default game log file location.
{
sleep, 200
   goto reel
   goto top
   goto top
   goto top
                 Goto, Go-Loop
Goto, top
}
}

reel:
Loop
{
FileDelete, c:\My Documents\RIFT\log.txt ;Default game log file location.
sleep, 200
Send, -
goto go
}

bait:
Loop
{
sleep, 200
Send, 0
sleep, 200
MouseClick, left,  1852,  435 ;Customize coordinates according to need.
sleep, 4000
Reload
}

\::Pause
]::Reload