Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Error: Parameter #1 invalid. The current thread will exit.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic
guest3456
  • Members
  • 1704 posts
  • Last active: Nov 19 2015 11:58 AM
Posted Image

Now, when it says "Speficially: 135:Color", it seems like that means that the %FlashGN2% variable has been de-referened to 135, which would mean Gui # 135? But I'm using AHK basic, and I thought that there was a limit to 99 Gui's.

This code is from using the Notify() library

Also is there any way to suppress these messages?

Leef_me
  • Moderators
  • 8510 posts
  • Last active: Sep 10 2015 05:50 AM
The docs do state scripts are limited to 99 gui in AHk_basic.

It seems you need to do something about that

>>Also is there any way to suppress these messages?

The message is an error, errors cannot be suppressed.

Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:
guest3456: You make it sound like it should be impossible for FlashGN2 to be de-referenced to 135, because 135 is an invalid Gui number. You are the one who assigned a value to FlashGN2. You have assigned 135 and it is invalid, hence the error message. Just don't pass an invalid Gui number, and you won't get the error message.

AutoHotkey 1.1 supports arbitrary names, so isn't restricted to 99 Guis. However,

Any number which is either not between 1 and 99 or is longer than two characters (such as 0x01) must be the HWND of an existing Gui, or the command will fail.

Coco
  • Members
  • 697 posts
  • Last active: Oct 31 2015 07:26 PM

AutoHotkey 1.1 supports arbitrary names, so isn't restricted to 99 Guis

Does this mean one can create as many GUI's, more than a hundred? Not aware of that, thanks!

guest3456
  • Members
  • 1704 posts
  • Last active: Nov 19 2015 11:58 AM

guest3456: You make it sound like it should be impossible for FlashGN2 to be de-referenced to 135, because 135 is an invalid Gui number. You are the one who assigned a value to FlashGN2. You have assigned 135 and it is invalid, hence the error message. Just don't pass an invalid Gui number, and you won't get the error message.

yes, Lex, I understand that. However, I am just using the library, which automatically assigns Gui numbers within the range of 50-74 it looks like, from my brief scan of the code. The library is assigning the Gui number. When I mentioned the 135 I was just asking if thats what that number meant, that it was the var deref, so that I can pin the problem down to the Gui number.

Now I just need to figure out how/why this library has gotten out of bounds.....

Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:
So ask

Now, when it says "Speficially: 135:Color", [does that mean] that the %FlashGN2% variable has been de-referened to 135[?]

rather than saying how it "seems".

The part after "Specifically:" is the value of the parameter. What else could it have been?

Coco: Yes.