Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Win 8 - Window Graphics - title bar and border incorrect?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic
Cephei1
  • Members
  • 396 posts
  • Last active: Jan 22 2014 08:19 PM
Hello,

Is this the correct graphics for Windows 8? The window looks so dull and boring. No graphics whatsoever.
Posted Image

Display: 1920 x 1080 Full HD

Display Adapters (as shown in Device Manager)
1. Intel® HD Graphics 3000
2. NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M

Graphics Software installed:
- Intel® Management Engine Components
- Intel® Processor Graphics
- Microsoft Silverlight
- Microsoft Windows Media Video 9
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Driver 306.97
- NVIDIA Graphics Driver 306.97
- NVIDIA HD Audio Driver 1.3.18.0
- NVIDIA PhysX System Software 9.12.0604
- NVIDIA Update 1.10.8

Is this how Windows 8 graphics look or is there a problem with graphics card/driver? I tried installing and uninstalling the drivers (both Intel and NVIDIA).

Any Ideas?
Thanks

guest3456
  • Members
  • 1695 posts
  • Last active: Oct 02 2014 07:19 AM
yup, thats the same for me.

you are right that its very dull looking. it seems they are going for a more simple look. even the 4 squares windows logo is just a solid color now with no waves.

dmg
  • Members
  • 2346 posts
  • Last active: Oct 26 2014 11:04 PM
As I understand it, they are tayloring the graphics to work best (as they see it) on tablets, so they don't really care what it looks like on laptops or desktops anymore. Posted Image

Cephei1
  • Members
  • 396 posts
Ohh that's a bummer. Shame Win8 on the graphics. But on the other hand, Love everything else, the incredible 10 second startup, apps and the rest.

One more question. I tried to change the text colour of the Title bar in Win8 - no idea where to find it. In Win7 this was easy. Reason being is I dont want this bright green, I want some darkish colour, but the problem is the Black window Title text is almost impossible to read with a dark back ground. I read somewhere that you can only change the title text colour if you use the "Accessibility" themese like high contrast and stuff. Only then will the option to change the title text colour come up.

Can this be overriden somehow for normal themes?

Thanks

guest3456
  • Members
  • 1695 posts

Reason being is I dont want this bright green, I want some darkish colour, but the problem is the Black window Title text is almost impossible to read with a dark back ground.

right click on the desktop -> personalize -> Color (at the bottom)

for me, during the initial win8 cd setup, it told me to "pick a color that i liked" and those colors were used for the window bar

win8 does boot mighty fast :)

Cephei1
  • Members
  • 396 posts
Yes Im aware of this, This is how I set the green colour, but I want to replace this colour with a darker colour (which I can do using the above steps you described), but the problem is that the black title bar text is not visible (or very difficult to read the text). So what I want to do is a way to change the text colour in the window title (which is currently black) to something like white....
Is this possible?

guest3456
  • Members
  • 1695 posts
Control Panel \ Appearance and Personalization \ Display

there you can change the text size and bold, but not the color

Cephei1
  • Members
  • 396 posts
Hmm I am also aware of this...