Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Regbak - Registry backup utility [GUI/CMD]

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic
Diamond
  • Members
  • 198 posts
  • Last active: Dec 02 2015 11:18 AM
This is almost exactly like ERUNT, but it has been updated much more recently so it works correctly on 7.

Mcd73165
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Aug 07 2014 02:14 PM

Hi. I have a Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit machine. I always used ERUNT when I had a Windows XP 32 Bit machine to backup and restore the registry and never had a problem. However, when doing a restore from an ERUNT backup on my Windows 7 machine, it caused problems in the Task Schedular causing several corrupt tasks to pop up after loading the Task Schedular. I corrected the problem by running a System Restore point prior to the ERUNT restore. I started using RegBak instead and the registry restores without causing the problem I mentioned or any other problem(s) for that matter. Therfore I would suggest using RegBack for Windows 7 and newer Windows versions. The RegBak program comes with 32 bit and 64 bit options. Also, as Diamond said, RegBak has been updated fairly recently and ERUNT hasn't been updated in years (even though the documentation says it works on Windows 7 machines with some ifs and buts).

Mark