Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Clipjump : The Ultimate Clipboard Manager [Updated 09/11/15]

• Please log in to reply
883 replies to this topic
A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts
  • Last active: Nov 14 2015 06:56 PM

Version 5.0 alpha Released
Please note that v5.0 alpha can be downloaded only in Ahk and only from
https://github.com/A...master-beta.zip

Changes >>

• Fixed a bug when copying/moving inside zipped folders open in Explorer
  • Enhanced running web links from Clipjump
  • Better About Window now
  • Now "[more]" symbolises more text in current clipboard
  • Fixed a bug where "---> more" didnt appear when moving backwards (Ctrl + C)
  • Added a GUI for editing settings.
  • Added a Clipboard history tool with search to quickly locate old clipboard habitants.
  • Now it's possible to suspend Clipjump's clipboard monitoring via Autohotkey script. (See ClipjumpCommunicator.ahk)

For more about ClipjumpCommunicator.ahk, see the next post...

Notes

• In History Tool, double right-click (for v5.0 b1 or 5.0 alpha) on a list view item to open context. That will be changed to single right-click in the final/next release.
  • In settings tool, hit Save button before changing each setting.
  • Copy to Clipboard on an image in History Preview window has no effect on Clipboard. It only works for text

History Tool is designed mainly for restoring important text that were once a inhabitant of Clipboard.

Read

• Feedback (Bug or no-bugconfused.png  reports) are welcome and desperately awaited.
  • The included help files aren't switched for version 5.0alpha . They are for v4.5.5

Now a CS Undergrad. | My WebsiteAutohotkey Scripts | Softwares

Telegram me : @aviaryan

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

Note - ClipjumpCommunicator.ahk is supported only with Clipjump version 5.0+

ClipjumpCommunicator.ahk can be used to suspend clipboard monitoring nature of clipjump when needed. This suspension can be undertaken by any external script running in parallel with clipjump.

This facility can come extremely handy when you have have to send / recieve text through clipboard like when getting text from selected text. (How often!)
This also makes room for clipboard dependent functions such as berban 's Clip() and LearningOne's VirtualClip() both of which are designed to exchange data via Clipboard.

The comments inside the script file are sufficient to understand how can you use the contained function to work your way.

Please post if you have problems.

To disable Clipjump, do the following -
    to disable just clipboard monitoring
        CjControl(0)
    to disable ^v Paste mode as well
        CjControl(-1)
    to disable Clipjump History shortcut #c as well
        CjControl(-2)

To later enable Clipjump [at all modes], execute
CjControl(1)

Rijul Ahuja
  • Members
  • 763 posts
  • Last active: Nov 25 2013 10:16 AM

Note - ClipjumpCommunicator.ahk is supported only with Clipjump version 5.0+

ClipjumpCommunicator.ahk can be used to suspend clipboard monitoring nature of clipjump when needed. This suspension can be undertaken by any external script running in parallel with clipjump.

This facility can come extremely handy when you have have to send / recieve text through clipboard like when getting text from selected text. (How often!)

This also makes room for clipboard dependent functions such as berban 's Clip() and LearningOne's VirtualClip() both of which are designed to exchange data via Clipboard.

The comments inside the script file are sufficient to understand how can you use the contained function to work your way.

Please post if you have problems.

+1. Now testing. By the way, the link points to beta.

Some comments - I haven't followed this topic yet, but I will from now on. It is a very amazing app.

The settings editor does not display the current setting, is this meant to be this way?

PS : Link to VirtualClip() is incorrect, it points to Clip().

Abandon the forum. The community has decided in a democratic vote to leave this website because of inactive and perverse administration.

Very few of the contributing members remain here.

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

By the way, the link points to beta.

??

It is a very amazing app.

Thanks

The settings editor does not display the current setting, is this meant to be this way?

It does . Hit the Save button to save the setting after editing the setting in the Edit Box.
Example -->

• Try changing Threshold from 10(default) to 12 , Save and then restart Clipjump. It will be 12.

PS : Link to VirtualClip() is incorrect, it points to Clip().

Thanks, I will mend that.

I will also update the above post for Cj v5.0 b(1) for more details on settings and History tool.

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

Version 5.0 beta Released
Please note that v5.0b2 can be downloaded only in Ahk and only from
https://github.com/A...master-beta.zip

Changes (from 5.0 alpha) -- 

• Single Right-Click now opens Context Menu in History tool.
  • Enter now opens keys in Ini settings editor.
  • Getting Image from History possible.
  • Delete All option in History Tool added.
  • Win + C can now be used as a shortcut to open History Tool
  • Changes in ClipjumpCommunicator.ahk - Function enhanced and renamed to CjControl()
Comments - 
All the bugs look fixed and the required features that were thought for v5.0 have been added. If you find a bug or have a suggestion, please report.
Version 5.0 stable is set for release.

gunner
  • Members
  • 79 posts
  • Last active: Aug 11 2013 11:18 AM

great work,

I have not tried the latest beta version but the previous one was great. I was thinking about the deleteall option in Clipjump history tool and so I am so happy you added it.

one more request, can you add a sort like command to sort image items from the clipjump history. it would be very helpful.

thanks a lot for your software. I left Ditto for it.

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

great work,

Thanks

one more request, can you add a sort like command to sort image items from the clipjump history. it would be very helpful.

I thought of that but didn't added it.

Why ??

• It will clutter the GUI
  • There is a very simple, clever workaround to do this .Just search for    IMAGE ! CANT BE SHOWN AS TEXT        and your work is done.

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

Updated to v5.0

Changes

• Added a GUI for editing settings.
  • Added a Clipboard history tool with search to quickly locate old clipboard habitants.
  • Fixed a bug when copying/moving inside zipped folders open in Explorer
  • Enhanced running web links from Clipjump
  • Better About Window now
  • Now "[more]" symbolises more text in current clipboard
  • Fixed a bug where "---> more" didnt appear when moving backwards (Ctrl + C)
  • Now it's possible to suspend Clipjump's clipboard monitoring via Autohotkey script.

Both exe and ahk can be downloaded now from the first post's link

gunner
  • Members
  • 79 posts
  • Last active: Aug 11 2013 11:18 AM

Thanks

I thought of that but didn't added it.

Why ??

• It will clutter the GUI
  • There is a very simple, clever workaround to do this .Just search for    IMAGE ! CANT BE SHOWN AS TEXT        and your work is done.

i didnt thought of that. so good

and thank you for the latest version. very good.. I am using the exe now.

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

and thank you for the latest version. very good.. I am using the exe now.

Thanks.

It really helps when someone says 'Thanks'grin.png

Morpheus
  • Members
  • 475 posts
  • Last active: Oct 21 2014 11:08 AM

Thanks.
It really helps when someone says 'Thanks'grin.png

I mentioned before that I switched from CLCL to Clipjump. Clipjump is the best Clipboard manager that I have ever used, and it just keeps getting better. Also, I appreciate your dedication to all of the scripts that you post. It seems that feature requests are handled almost immediately, no commercial app comes close to your support.

Thanks!
Any code that I post will be for AHK Basic.
I'm not always right, but I still try to help.

klownboy
  • Members
  • 87 posts
  • Last active: May 24 2014 11:21 AM

Hi AVI,

I second the above post by Morpheus.  You continue to improve Clipjump an already great program.  I use it all the time.  I've tried a dozen other similar clipboard programs and yours is without doubt the best.

Thanks again,

Ken

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

I mentioned before that I switched from CLCL to Clipjump. Clipjump is the best Clipboard manager that I have ever used, and it just keeps getting better. Also, I appreciate your dedication to all of the scripts that you post. It seems that feature requests are handled almost immediately, no commercial app comes close to your support.

That's too much , Morpheus shy.png 

You guys are awesome. Without you all's support , I wont have made it. Those ideas were awesome and those bugs were critical . For example , the Excel bug was something that shouldn't be tolerated and I would have never known it as I never use Excel.

I second the above post by Morpheus.  You continue to improve Clipjump an already great program.  I use it all the time.  I've tried a dozen other similar clipboard programs and yours is without doubt the best.

Thanks Ken,

Your persistent support was a huge + for me. Without it, I may have ended anywhere in the between.

chaz
  • Members
  • 192 posts
  • Last active: Oct 01 2015 02:42 AM

I would like to mention that you should really clean up the code of ClipJump. It is very difficult to follow the way it is right now.

Also fix-up little details like spelling and other cosmetic issues that make using it less annoying and don't give somebody who is trying it out the reason to reject it.

Also, what is with your GUIs? You might find that they look cool, but I think you'll find that most people find them ugly as heck. Why don't you just follow the example of everybody else and create GUIs that match the system? It'd also be a lot easier and would be more flexible, allowing things like resizable windows.

Find me at the other forum as timeFlies.

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

I would like to mention that you should really clean up the code of ClipJump. It is very difficult to follow the way it is right now.

I know. The first version was written when I started coding...

Also fix-up little details like spelling and other cosmetic issues that make using it less annoying and don't give somebody who is trying it out the reason to reject it.

That 'Transferred' got me crazy. I used Sublime text to check spellings.
It said "Transfered" is right and so I went with it. Now Google chrome shows a red mark on 'Transfered'.

Also, what is with your GUIs? You might find that they look cool, but I think you'll find that most people find them ugly as heck. Why don't you just follow the example of everybody else and create GUIs that match the system?

Now, I cant imagine how a GUI which is like system looks  confused.png

It'd also be a lot easier and would be more flexible, allowing things like resizable windows.

Here I get a idea. What about GUI's that detect your resolution specs and get sized accordingly.
They won't be resizable but will look as pleasent as they look on mine 's 1280x768 screen . 
chaz, you are very good with what the public (noobs) like, your suggestion is going to be critical.grin.png