Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Clipjump : The Ultimate Clipboard Manager [Updated 09/11/15]

• Please log in to reply
883 replies to this topic
A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts
  • Last active: Nov 14 2015 06:56 PM

stable - version 12.3

[For v10.6.4]

Clipjump is an easy-to-use clipboard manager which saves everything you copy to the clipboard, then allows you to choose exactly what you need to paste elsewhere.

The program works by using almost the same keypresses as Windows, and doesn't conflict with normal clipboard functionality. If you copy four items of text to the clipboard, for example, then you can use Ctrl+C just as before, press Ctrl+V to paste the current item as required, and everything will work just as it did.

But, if you just hold down Ctrl and keep pressing V, then Clipjump displays each text item in turn. Release Ctrl+V when you find what you need, and that'll be pasted into your document.

The program can handled copied graphics, too, displaying previews of any images as it cycles through your clipboard.

One issue is that your clipboard history can quickly become very lengthy, but Clipjump provides all kinds of tools to help. You can turn the program off on demand, or automatically for certain windows. Individual items can be deleted as required. A Search option helps to find the item you need, or you can export the contents of your clipboard to a file for later examination.

Clipjump stores its history on your hard drive, too. Shut down your PC, restart it later, and the same clipboard items will still be there.

We found this all very convenient, but if you want to change something then the program is extremely configurable. You can change hotkeys, the minimum number of clipboards, whether you want to keep images in your history, how many days your clipboard history should be preserved, and a whole lot more.

Read more: http://www.pcadvisor.../#ixzz2wrdUbWO2

More Reviews

Official  Site

Source

Now a CS Undergrad. | My WebsiteAutohotkey Scripts | Softwares

Telegram me : @aviaryan

klownboy
  • Members
  • 87 posts
  • Last active: May 24 2014 11:21 AM

Hey again AVI, I've been testing your new ClipJump out this morning.  It looks good and very useful.  I too had used ClipStep for awhile but unfortunately I ended up abandoning it due to issues.  I did however like the fact that it cycled through the clips as you pressed "v" with control held down.  I missed that feature.  I ended up going CLCL recently which has been around since 2003 and still works even in the latest versions of Windows.    http://www.nakka.com.../index_eng.html

One comment noted so far in the use of ClipJump:  When I deleted out the clip history (i.e., all clips), the one thumb I had of a JPG file was still in the thumbs folder.  Shoudn't all thumbs be deleted when all clips are deleted?

Side note: I did post the question in the Support section of this forum concerning the fact that scripts using gdiplus.dll when using AHK_L x64 in WIndows x64, 7 or 8 do not function. Hopefully something can be done to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Ken

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

One comment noted so far in the use of ClipJump:  When I deleted out the clip history (i.e., all clips), the one thumb I had of a JPG file was still in the thumbs folder.  Shoudn't all thumbs be deleted when all clips are deleted?

Ken,

Thanks for the FeedBack.

Its no problem in the coding, its because ClipJump uses a clean delete technique i.e

filedelete,%a_scriptdir%/cache/,1

So, I am very sure that when deleting you might have had that "thumbs" folder open in windows explorer or in any another application.This would have made the folder "In Use" and so AutoHotkey was not able to delete it.I myself tried it and saw yes that the thumbs were not deleted.

So, can you please try first deleting the cache folder and then running ClipJump again and capturing thumbs and clipboards and then deleting them. Just dont open the Cache folder and you will be perfect.

I just got a tip from this. In the next version I will have the Cache Folder hidden and ReadOnly, nobody will see it and so no problems.

And Ken, are there more annoyances with my ClipJump. I am seriously looking to make it perfect.

If yes, please post.

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

Version updated to 0.5

CHANGELOG :

• Fixed a Reliabilty Issue - Thanks Ken
  • Better Clipboard Image preview now.
  • Lower Memory Usage Now.

klownboy
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Hi AVI, I loaded up your new version.  Very nice.  I copied a bunch of things to the clipboard including a JPG clip and then performed the delete all (i.e., double x) and then checked the cache folders, both the clips and thumbs folders were empty...I have my system set to see hidden files,etc.

One issue I noted and this may have been the case previously also, is when the clip is a picture (e.g., jpg), the thumb of the picture is displayed on top of the tip on the clip number (e.g., Clip 2 of 3) such that most of the tip is covered except for the very top of it.  The tip comes to the top when you click on it. It was a relatively large jpg. I noticed since that very small picture clips didn't cover the tip.

It's unfortunate though that you had to bring in the supporting gflax.dll.  Was that necessary to make the improvements you included in the new revision?  Are you using gflax.dll in lieu of gdiplus.dll or in addition to?

Thanks

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

Thanks Ken,

.I have my system set to see hidden files,etc.

No, that problem is gone. Even if you have Thumbs or Clips directory open while Deleting Clipboard, they will get deleted unlike the previous version. The hidden thing is just for an extra security.

One issue I noted and this may have been the case previously also, is when the clip is a picture (e.g., jpg), the thumb of the picture is displayed on top of the tip on the clip number (e.g., Clip 2 of 3) such that most of the tip is covered except for the very top of it

Maybe , you are having a larger monitor than mine or you are using a lower resolution compared to screen-height (so that you have relatively larger tooltips) than mine.

Oh, i should have added the tip and preview difference to be auto detected rather than adding a constant 30 .

Are you using gflax.dll in lieu of gdiplus.dll or in addition to?

In addition to, just for better thumbnail previews . I tried to use only either gflax or gdiplus ; but both had their features . I'm still trying for a method on using Gflax.dll to fulfill my requirements , hadn't found any.sad.png .

Next Release should have a single DLL. Thats what i will try !tongue.png

Best Wishes.

klownboy
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Hi AVI,  Just for your information concerning the thumbnail over the tool tip, at the time I was using a monitor with 1920x1080 resolution, 27" screen.  I just loaded your new 0.5 version on my laptop which has 1366x768 resolution and the tooltip was covered by the thumbnail in this case as well (i.e.,as before just the very top of the tooltip was exposed).

I also noticed that when the text I've copied is long, the view of it when using control-v is quite long (i.e., to the end of the screen). Of course that depends on the cursor location when you hit control-v.  It does appear that you limit the size of the box which is good.  Should it wrap...maybe not...or should the tooltip just truncate and end it with "..."?

I did some additional copying into the clipboard, just text paragraphs with approximately 30-40 words and on the third time I did it I received a Windows message that "ClipJump has stopped working".  After that obviously I couldn't copy any additional text to the clipboard (well I could but only the normal Windows clipboard) and when I hit control-v, it pasted as it would in the normal WIndows clipboard (i.e., it was obvious ClipJump was no longer functioning since tooltips did not display and the ClipJump icon was also gone from the tray).  So, I reloaded ClipJump and after one text copy to the clipboard it failed again with the same error message.

Sorry for having to send out some not so good news, but I suppose that's what testing and troubleshooting is all about.

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

Hi AVI,  Just for your information concerning the thumbnail over the tool tip, at the time I was using a monitor with 1920x1080 resolution, 27" screen.  I just loaded your new 0.5 version on my laptop which has 1366x768 resolution and the tooltip was covered by the thumbnail in this case as well (i.e.,as before just the very top of the tooltip was exposed).

Not Much I could say.May be 64-bit has larger tooltips. By the way, i havent seen a 64-bit Computer computer till yet.  I have added an Auto-detect sort of feature in the next version, hope it works well.

Should it wrap...maybe not...or should the tooltip just truncate and end it with "..."?

Thanks for the Suggestion, wrapping could be done but it will need extra commands and so extra time (slowness) , but i have added that end with "..........."  thing in the next release. It looks like    "                      >>>>  .............More"  .

and on the third time I did it I received a Windows message that "ClipJump has stopped working".

That was (notice "was"happy.png ) a unique problem . Clipboards commands with autohotkey always had problem. (Try Googling clipboard problem - autohotkey) I too was seeing no reason for the program to terminate but it did. I first thought it was because i had a very slow test computer and as nobody has reported the problem till yet , i felt confident on that. 

Now, you reported it and i started experimenting what is causing the crash. After some Einstein experiments, i found a way out . 

I tried the program again on house of death (the webpage that always caused the program to terminate when i copied something from there.)

200 random copies and everything was fine . 

So, the thing is over now. Hopefullytongue.png

Thanks, Ken for helping me and pointing out bugs . I'm sorry for another 1-day release , I m too excited on this . 

I hope this will fix all the main issues . and i have now removed Gflax.dll (Thanks to tic).

The one I'm going to release now (after an hour or so) is still the basic version with only required facilities.

I would love to release a fancier version but that after some few days (I'm going out of state).

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

Version updated to 1.0

CHANGES

• Fixed Sudden Crash Issue.
  • Even Better Clipboard Image preview now.
  • Removed Gflax.dll

klownboy
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Hey AVI, Thanks for all the updates.

For your info, I tried to repeat the Windows error I mentioned yesterday using the 0.5 version and wasn't able to. It figures.  Glad you were able to remove the need for gflax.dll.  I unregistered it and then removed it before installing version 1.0.

I've been playing with the new version.  I only saw one relatively minor issue.  I copied a portrait jpg at dimensions 472x720 and the thumb (when viewed using control-v) was squished or flattened vertically somewhat.  Not as biggie.  The picture ittself was fine when pasted and viewed in MSPaint.

By the way the tooltip for the Clip number is appearing properly just over the top of the image clips.  Good fix. 

This probably not a problem:  I also noticed that there were 21 entries in my clips folder and I have "Minimum_No_Of_Clips_to_be_Active" set at 15.  Is this simply because the threshold is set to 10 which allows for an additional buffer of 10 clips over the Minimum  setting? So if I really only want a true maximum of 20 clips, should I set it with Minimum at 10 and threshold at 10?

This one is just for my information.  I noticed that some text clips when viewed using control-v, are wrapped and others are not and obviously some will have the ">>>> ...more" if they need to.  Those clips displayed wrapped I assume because the original clip had hard returns whereas the ones that are not wrapped did not have the hard returns (i.e., a text editor may have wrapped them but they don't actually have hard returns).

Thanks for a great clipboard manager.

Ken

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

Thanks, Kengrin.png

Good to hear you like it.

really only want a true maximum of 20 clips, should I set it with Minimum at 10 and threshold at 10?

Ya! Perfect . Note - So, I have used minimum number of active clipboards.

a text editor may have wrapped them but they don't actually have hard returns).

Ya , many text editors do wrap the thing for user's comfort. If I then also try to wrap the thing in Tootlip , that may cause slowness due to extra commands. So, Better not.

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

Version updated to 2.0

CHANGES:

• Clipjump is now Open-Source.
  • Added the Great FIXATE Option, a super productivity booster for the Coding Community.
  • Added Delete Clip Option - Delete selected Clipboards on the fly.
  • Added Selective Windows Clipboard Option.
  • [Older Version Users] Now one X to Cancel, two X to Delete and three to DeleteAll.
  • Now, even more lighter on disk.

klownboy
  • Members
  • 87 posts

AVI,  you've been busy.  Version 2.0 is excellent.  One issue I had with the older versions (that I never got around to telling you) was an interface issue with XYplorer (a great file manager).  It has a keyboard option to use "control-alt-v" to open a new text file with the contents that are currently in the clipboard.  I enjoy the feature, but it wouldn't work before in the ClipJump 1.0 or earlier versions.  Now it does.

I'm still testing or playing with your new version but so far it's looking very good.  I enjoy the new features.

Thanks,

Ken

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

I was in habit of emptying of emptying the clipboard as soon as the data was transfered to clipjump in earlier versions and i forgot to remove that thing in the 1.0 version.

But, due to Selective Windows Clipboard option my eyes fell on it and i removed the emptying clipboard command.(in 2.0)

So, now your XYplorer Clipboard related thing is working.

And, any more real productivity features you would like to see, Ken ?

I just can imagine more.

klownboy
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Hi AVI, not much to report.  I'm liking it very much.

One minor comment: I noticed that when you are cycling through the clips using the control-v and control-c, if you are cycling forward using control-v and then go back using control -c, the program responds immediately to go to the previously clip (i.e., if you're on clip #4 it and then hit control-c it goes back to clip #3).  However, if you you perform the same cycling forward using control-v then backwards using control-c, and then want to go forward again it take two presses of control-v to actually proceed on to the next clip.  I've noticed that if you are on a clip that is long text and it uses  ">>>more", the ">>>more" will come up on the existing clip with the first press of control-v and then the next clip will come up on the second press of control-v.  If it's just a short 2 or three word clip it still takes 2 presses of control-v to go forward again to the next clip.  It's not an issue for me, but I figured I'd pass it on.  I'm not sure what's happening there.

I also received an out of memory notice on my laptop when cycling through clips.   I've got 8 gig of memory so I know that's not the case. Though this may be something I caused myself, since I recompiled the ahk just to put an "paperclip" type icon for your ClipJump in the tray. I have ClipJump in a folder D:\Tools\AutoHotkey\AHK scripts\ClipJump.  I know if using the ahk in lieu of the exe I have to put the full path of the 2 included ahk files, gdiplus.ahk and imagelib.ahk.  The error read:

Error: Out of memory.

Line # 113: FileRead, Clipboard, *c

%A_ScriptDir%/cache/clips/%tempsave%.avc

The current thread will exit.

-----------------------------------

I know I shouldn't have bothered since I'll probably just #include ClipJump.ahk from my main AHK file that starts on boot-up or I'll simply run the exe from start-up. I did want to ask, what version of AHK did you compile with the ahk?  You must be using the AHK_L version since version 1.1.09.02 comes up for the version info on the exe. Ansi or Unicode? x32 or x64? 

Thanks again,

Ken