Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

QtTabBar - Windows Explorer Need

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic
A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts
  • Last active: Nov 14 2015 06:56 PM

What do you think is the second most important tool for a Windows (first ofcourse is AutoHotkey).

For me , it's QtTabBar, the Explorer plugin, adds tons of features to Windows Explorer such as Multiple-Tabs, grouping Windows, quick-to-access history lists, Plugins, bookmark for specific folders and much more....

Please make sure you visit this link when downloading QtTabBar.

v55YqxG.jpg

Now a CS Undergrad. | My WebsiteAutohotkey Scripts | Softwares

Telegram me : @aviaryan

fischgeek
  • Moderators
  • 1074 posts
  • Last active: Jul 07 2015 06:27 PM

I will never again go back to a computer without QTTaBar!

EDIT: I also want to mention it does work on Windows 8. ;)

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

EDIT: I also want to mention it does work on Windows 8. wink.png

Oh, Good ! 

So I can switch to Windows 8

chaz
  • Members
  • 192 posts
  • Last active: Oct 01 2015 02:42 AM
I found QTTabBar from this post, and rather like it. One thing though, if all you're looking for is tabs, disable the ButtonBar and other toolbars (in the View > Toolbars menu) and dig through the settings to disable some of the unnecessary ones. I suggest unlocking the toolbars and moving the tabbar to the right of the menu bar; that way it's always visible and not taking up another whole row, but still accessible.

Also, check out Quizo's version of QTTabBar (same name) at http://qttabbar.wikidot.com/. Quizo was the original creator, but has currently stopped developing his version of QTTabBar and ShiningMasamune's version is now the main one. But the versions are slightly different (Quizo's is a bit more refined and offers a few more options, but ShiningMasamune will be releasing a new version that is two years in the making and promises quite a bit more). Read the blog at http://qttabbar.sourceforge.net/ for more information.

Find me at the other forum as timeFlies.

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

I use ShiningMasume's one . The reason, I first downloaded Quizo's and was greeted by some unexpected behaviour. I dont remember what happened  that time but I disposed off QtTabBar at the moment. 

Next, seaching online I found on Masume's wiki that the latest version is still 1.5.00 beta 2 . So, I downloaded his and it worked wonders . Great Projectmale.png

Rijul Ahuja
  • Members
  • 763 posts
  • Last active: Nov 25 2013 10:16 AM

Thank you! I had completely forgotten of this.

EDIT : It looks really weird in Windows 8. Uninstalled.

Abandon the forum. The community has decided in a democratic vote to leave this website because of inactive and perverse administration.

Very few of the contributing members remain here.

fischgeek
  • Moderators
  • 1074 posts
  • Last active: Jul 07 2015 06:27 PM

I don't know. It doesn't look that bad.

qttabbar.jpg

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

It pretty much depends on the themes in QtTabBar .

The default theme for QtTabBar (white bar) looks pretty ugly on my Win Explorer setup. So I have a custom one . 

gggirlgeek
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Jun 02 2013 03:09 AM

It looks like the Sourceforge (ShiningMasume's) branch is being developed again! http://qttabbar.sourceforge.net/

Also, Quizo's branch looks very active. http://qttabbar.wikidot.com/betas This is exciting since we've seen no changes in a couple of years. I am currently using the stable Sourceforge version and it has treated me well. However, I haven't updated Win7 in a long time due to rumors that updates started breaking it back in September. Some offer solutions but I don't feel like "fixing what ain't broke." ...and Windows updates usually do. :-/

I do want to check out Quizo's new stuff though so once I have some time I'll probably backup Windows, update it, and then give that one a whirl.

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

I trust ShiningMasume's work (dont know why) ....and I'm waiting for a new release.

The Latest Version is Still 1.5 Beta 2!!

joedf
  • Administrators
  • 986 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active: Nov 02 2019 08:38 PM

A nice theme for Windows 7: http://bluex-pl.devi...theme-194459813

qttabbar_for_w7_default_theme_by_bluex_p

Why ahkscript.org? - autohotkey.com is outdated