Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

What is happening with this site?

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

Poll: What is happening with this site? (81 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Poly get another person on board

1. Yes (80 votes [98.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 98.77%

2. No (1 votes [1.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.23%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Bugz000
  • Members
  • 155 posts
  • Last active: Oct 14 2015 01:03 PM

The 'sad.png' doesn't display for me.

(can you see the smiley.png?)

PNG images aren't allowed on the forum yet the emoticons are PNG files  - one of the stupid bugs of the forum ...

n39peTm.jpg
Hire me to write your code! (join IRC or PM me for details)

nnnik
  • Members
  • 1625 posts
  • Last active: Jan 24 2019 02:19 PM

Works fine I think

Edit: Until you Edit

Visit the new forum ahkscript.org.

http://ahkscript.org

Alibaba
  • Members
  • 435 posts
  • Last active: Nov 19 2014 04:21 PM

I can't understand why Poly isn't accepting that he is not able to manage such a huge forum alone...

Doesn't Poly want to get another person on board to help him or is he just unaware of these issue?

Find the recent autohotkey version here: ahkscript.org

Bugz000
  • Members
  • 155 posts

I can't understand why Poly isn't accepting that he is not able to manage such a huge forum alone...

Doesn't Poly want to get another person on board to help him or is he just unaware of these issue?

currently i believe poly is aware of the issue - but unaware of the impact it's having on the community

n39peTm.jpg

polyethene
  • Members
  • 5519 posts
  • Last active: May 17 2015 06:39 AM

My stats show 99.98% uptime which in my view is an acceptable level.

ldoB01b.png

Apart from autohotkey.net's file manager I am not aware of any major bugs on the site.

autohotkey.com/net Site Manager

Contact me by email (polyethene at autohotkey.net) or message tidbit

Bugz000
  • Members
  • 155 posts

My stats show 99.98% uptime which in my view is an acceptable level.

ldoB01b.png

Apart from autohotkey.net's file manager I am not aware of any major bugs on the site.

sadly those stats don't correlate with the output of the server - as my friend will tell me the site is down for him (he's in america) - we then check AHKstats.txt and hey presto there will be a line of 0s appearing

perhaps the actual HTTPD has been ACTIVE but not recieving connections for some reason.

the script i use pings the site - once the site seems to be down - it instantly pings google - if autohotkey.com is off and google is on - it's confirmed - otherwise if both are off, it logs a "2" to flag a local network issue and my parsing program assumes 2 as "online"

n39peTm.jpg

polyethene
  • Members
  • 5519 posts

sadly those stats don't correlate with the output of the server - as my friend will tell me the site is down for him (he's in america) - we then check AHKstats.txt and hey presto there will be a line of 0s appearing

perhaps the actual HTTPD has been ACTIVE but not recieving connections for some reason.

the script i use pings the site - once the site seems to be down - it instantly pings google - if autohotkey.com is off and google is on - it's confirmed - otherwise if both are off, it logs a "2" to flag a local network issue and my parsing program assumes 2 as "online"

pingdom.com is very, very reliable. I'm also using the premium paid-for version.

Bugz000
  • Members
  • 155 posts

Just spoke to polyethene on IRC - things seem positive

[21:19] <Bugz000> boo
[21:31] <polyethene> hi
[21:31] <Bugz000> are you free for a few mins?
[21:31] <Bugz000> i'd like to talk a few things over with you
[21:32] <polyethene> sure whats up
[21:32] <Bugz000> are you aware of the forum topic i opened in suggestions?
[21:32] <Bugz000> http://www.autohotke...his-site/page-4
[21:34] <Bugz000> the overall feel i'm getting from the community -and from personal experience is that you're all-but non existent in the community- which is not your fault, real life comes before AHK which is perfectly understandable
[21:34] <Bugz000> but we feel the site is suffering on the maintainence side of things - which is effecting how smoothly the community can function
[21:35] <Bugz000> there has been multiple reports of you just dismissing previous threads on this topic, is any of this true?
[21:35] <polyethene> i'll respond in a bit
[21:36] <Bugz000> okay, i'll be waiting :)
[21:38] <polyethene> responded
[21:40] <Bugz000> what about these? http://www.autohotke...nd-suggestions/
[21:41] <Bugz000> i'm not suggesting you fix all - just some of the main outstanding bugs - like the view counts not updating which can be considered a major bug as the excess pressure of users coming on IRC has already made one OP give up his position
[21:42] <Bugz000> they come on irc after being put off about the fact their thread has 0 views
[21:43] <Bugz000> it's breaking the community up as helping users has become more of a chore than a friendly helping hand
[21:44] <Bugz000> 2nd major bug would be the emoticons being PNG files which breaks the editing of new posts, it took me the best part of 2 weeks to work out that was the issue and even then it was my friend who worked it out
[21:46] <Bugz000> and lastly can you please be more active in the AHK community or at least allow the other admins to help maintain the site/get someone else on board? what are your thoughts on this idea? i understand you're a busy man but the work load shared across 2-3 people will become very light work
[21:49] <polyethene> okay i'll sit down and look at this
[21:50] <Bugz000> i'm not after destruction of any systems or a complete overhaul - i just think some things need to change because it's not working as smoothly as it could - i'm sure you'd agree if you read the whole thread i started
[21:50] <Bugz000> get a feel of how the community see you as this mean dictator holding all power and not allowing progression
[21:51] <polyethene> i'll go over the forums tonight
[21:51] <Bugz000> thankyou
[21:52] <Bugz000> do you mind if i paste this conversation on the thread so people can see?

n39peTm.jpg

Bugz000
  • Members
  • 155 posts

pingdom.com is very, very reliable. I'm also using the premium paid-for version.

how often does it log the uptime? as the downtime of your server usually lasts 10 secs - 2 mins or so and usually ~10 PM

my program logs every 10 seconds

n39peTm.jpg

polyethene
  • Members
  • 5519 posts

Yeah it's probably my firewalls flagging your requests as a false-positive so your IP gets temporarily banned. 

Also re pingdom: https://www.pingdom....ces/howitworks/

Bugz000
  • Members
  • 155 posts

Yeah it's probably my firewalls flagging your requests as a false-positive so your IP gets temporarily banned. 

Also re pingdom: https://www.pingdom....ces/howitworks/

okay well lets scrap the uptime issue for now as results aren't correlating - how about i log time/date whenever i experience autohotkey downtime and get back to you if it becomes a consistent issue, admittedly within the last 2 weeks or so i've experienced zero downtime

let's focus on getting the forum bugs ironed out yes? :)

n39peTm.jpg

tank
  • Administrators
  • 4345 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active: May 02 2019 09:16 PM

there are numerous bugs with this site including but not limited to

"to many redirects" error from numerous mobile browsers

it is not common but not rare to get some sort of ip boards error. ( never bothered to capture the text)

Never lose.
WIN or LEARN.

Bugz000
  • Members
  • 155 posts

[22:32] <+guest3456> whoa polyethene is here
[22:32] <+guest3456> like seeing a ghost

^ it's stuff like this which shouldn't be happening when talking about someone with such status within the AHK community - you see where i'm coming from?

n39peTm.jpg

guest3456
  • Members
  • 1704 posts
  • Last active: Nov 19 2015 11:58 AM
i dont care if he comes around or not. everyone is busy with other stuff and poly isn't being paid at all to be here. so i dont fault him for that.

i do fault him for not at least giving someone access to the forums to fix simple css bugs and other issues

Bugz000
  • Members
  • 155 posts

i dont care if he comes around or not. everyone is busy with other stuff and poly isn't being paid at all to be here. so i dont fault him for that.

i do fault him for not at least giving someone access to the forums to fix simple css bugs and other issues

thats exactly the view i have - nail->head

n39peTm.jpg