Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Site is broken. Fix it!!!

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic
oldbrother
  • Members
  • 149 posts
  • Last active: Nov 09 2014 07:36 PM

It is not working on me home computer. But it is fine on the computers in my office. I am pretty sure something is wrong with the site. Please fix it!!!!!

oldbrother
  • Members
  • 149 posts
  • Last active: Nov 09 2014 07:36 PM

Chris, we appreciate all the greatest things you have done. But the last thing you did for the community was definitely wrong!!!!!!! 

RHCP
  • Members
  • 1228 posts
  • Last active: Apr 08 2017 06:17 PM

As a work around, has anyone tried accessing the site using various proxies?

The site works fine here btw.

comvox
  • Members
  • 143 posts
  • Last active: Jan 29 2017 06:53 AM
Because of my lack of computer expertese, I'm not sure how to express this, but apparently the problem depends on what server (this is probably not the right term for where one is entering the internet) you are accessing the autohotkey site from. I have the same problem with accessing the ahk forum as others -- and it doesn't matter whether I use Opera, Firefox, or IE. (My system is Windows XP SP3.) I also have the problem on my beautiful new android device. But today, after having the same problem as usual with accessing the forum via Windows, I tried accessing the ahk forum again via the android device. Same problem. Then I used the android app Hideman, and the problem vanishes. Then I disconnected the internet connection via Hideman and returned to the usual connection via the android device, and the problem returned. I haven't tried Hideman on Windows yet, and Hideman is only free for a limited number of accesses per week. But perhaps this information will be of use to someone in figuring out how to deal with the problem with the forum. It really is a major problem, and it really needs to be fixed.

Now, I don't understand VPN's and all that, so what I am saying may be all garbled technically, but when one uses Hideman, one's internet access is routed through a different server that might even be in a different country. So if the ahk site is hosted on different servers for different areas, when one uses Hideman one may be accessing it on or through a different server than when one isn't using Hideman. Hence the ahk website may be corrupted on one of its hosts, but not on the others.

In any case, where you are geographically seems to matter, as Hideman operates by making it seem as if you are somewhere else. And this explains why some people have the problem in accessing the ahk forum, and not others.

I presume what I am describing is using a different internet proxy. So RHCP's idea of checking what happens with a different internet proxy turns out to be right. Thanks, RHCP, for raising the issue of proxy, and dmg, for describing the issue, so I knew that the issue wasn't just on my system, and for mentioning geographical location.

tidbit
  • Administrators
  • 2709 posts
  • Hates playing Janitor
  • Last active: Jan 15 2016 11:37 PM
Confirmed. Using a Proxy server ( like www.hidemyass.com ) makes the site normal again. But thats not a viable solution. Lexikos, Since poly doesn't seem to listen to us, maybe you have the ability to get into contact with him?

rawr. be very afraid
*poke*
. Populate the AutoHotkey city. Pointless but somewhat fun. .

dmg
  • Members
  • 2395 posts
  • Last active: Nov 04 2015 06:46 AM
I tried using www.hidemyass.com proxy as tidbit suggested but even then the site is broken for me. :(
"My dear Mr Gyrth, I am never more serious than when I am joking."
~Albert Campion

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Website | Demo scripts | Blog | External contact

comvox
  • Members
  • 143 posts
I don't think it's an issue of simply using a proxy, but of where in the world your traffic is routed in that particular session of the proxy. On the other hand, I've only had a tiny bit of time today to experiment with proxies *on Windows* and haven't yet succeeded with them, although I thought I had succeeded earlier with Hideman on the android device (I haven't tried Hideman with windows yet.)

Edit1: I have now tried it with Hideman on Windows, and so far it works for me.  Well, actually, I find the response of the forum to commands bumpy or jerky, rather than smooth, but on the other hand, and this is strange, the forum site looks better than I remember it looking before the problems started. Well, now to try some unlimited free proxy...

Edit2: Well, this is getting confusing.
I had tried Hideman with Opera, and the ahk forum worked. But what's odd is that so far it's continued working, even after Hideman is disconnected. But IE and Firefox, which I didn't use while Hideman was connected, won't display the ahk forum right. Well, I'm curious if the forum will continue to display properly in Opera tomorrow. (I don't think the point is Opera per se, but simply that it was the browser I was using when I tried Hideman.)
I tried hidemyass.com. Whether it works with ahk depends on which server, in "Advanced options", is selected. "Random" might not work; "Chicago1" I think it was, won't work; but Amsterdam will work for me. That much isn't surprising. But what is odd, is that I can't stay signed in while accessing the ahk forum with hidemyass. I can sign in, but as soon as I do anything else in the forum, I'm automatically signed out, and have to sign in again. This didn't happen with Hideman. 

Edit3: When using hidemyass.com, one can avoid the problem with sign-ins that I mention above, by using Advanced Options and not only selecting a Server which is not Chicago, but also selecting something other than "Random" in "IP address."

Phasma Felis
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • Last active: Apr 22 2014 05:59 AM
So I looked into this a bit. The problem is that the forum looks for all of its images, CSS, and JavaScript on cdn.autohotkey.com, and that domain is inaccessible for many users, me included. I suspect a DNS issue, but it's outside my expertise.

Now, all of those files are also accessible through www.autohotkey.com. So I wrote a Greasemonkey script that replaces all instances of "\\cdn.autohotkey.com\" with "\\www.autohotkey.com\". (Forward slashes replaced with backslashes to keep the script from defacing this post.) Here it is: http://userscripts.o...pts/show/178276

You'll need to install the Greasemonkey extension (or a compatible one, like Tampermonkey) and then install my script. It's almost 2am here and my AC is broken, so I hope you'll forgive me if I don't go into more detail than that. If you're smart enough to figure out AutoHotkey, you shouldn't have any problems.

This is not an ideal fix: it will replace strings in text as well as in the page code, and at least in Chrome it has to first load the (broken) page, display it, then correct and redisplay it, so it's slow. If anyone is better at JavaScript than I am and wants to offer suggestions, I'd be happy to improve it.

Ultimately, though, we need a site admin to either fix the DNS (?) problem, or else change all cdn references to www.

UPDATE: It seems that some things are not fixed by the simple domain change. A few icons are missing, spoiler tags don't expand correctly, and at least one user is unable to post replies, although I don't experience that last problem on Chrome. It's still better than nothing. I will look into these issues when I have time.

nnnik
  • Members
  • 1625 posts
  • Last active: Jan 24 2019 02:19 PM

Super nc.

Visit the new forum ahkscript.org.

http://ahkscript.org

tidbit
  • Administrators
  • 2709 posts
  • Hates playing Janitor
Thank you Drainx1 :)

rawr. be very afraid
*poke*

FusionFire
  • Members
  • 153 posts
  • Last active: Jan 24 2016 06:48 AM

Fix the site, I have to use a Proxy Sever to access AHK forum, arghhh. confused.png

tidbit
  • Administrators
  • 2709 posts
  • Hates playing Janitor

it's fixed for me!

rawr. be very afraid
*poke*

comvox
  • Members
  • 143 posts

Kudos to Phasma Felis for analyzing the problem and posting the Greasemonkey script!

On my system, there seems to be one minor quirk in how Firefox and that script handle the autohotkey forum. It doesn't seem to allow me to write a reply. To write this reply, I had to disable the script. But so far it seems that after the forum manifests correctly because of the script, it continues to manifest correctly after being disabled until one leaves the forum.

tidbit
  • Administrators
  • 2709 posts
  • Hates playing Janitor
spoke too soon. it works 90%. But if I click anything on this bar: http://img18.imagesh...8/2700/bgif.png it breaks again, until I go back.

edit: spoke too soon again. Broken again, no matter what.

rawr. be very afraid
*poke*

vahju
  • Members
  • 337 posts
  • Last active: Sep 21 2014 03:52 AM
Thanks for the temporary fix Drainx1. I had to use Tampermonkey in chrome to get the script to work (as you suggested).

With this fix the Spoiler sections will not expand. But yeh to be able to see for forums in their correct format and be able to login and post.

Really hope this gets a permanent fix soon.

Thanks again Drainx.