Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Basic GUI creator.

• Please log in to reply
339 replies to this topic
maestrith
  • Members
  • 786 posts
  • Last active: Apr 10 2019 01:28 PM

New Beta!

I have been working on a re-write for this program for about a week and I think it is about time to get some different eyes on it.

There are a lot of features that I have not had the time to put back in so please be patient.

Beta AHK_L (should be ok with x32 and x64) let me know if it isn't

Compiled Version (should work with anything :)

New Features:

• You can now drag and drop controls on and off of Tabs and it will put them on automatically for you.
  • Automatically proportionally re-sizes pictures when you Shift+Click+Drag resize or use the new feature below.
  • In the Statusbar of the Edit Controls window which pops up when you click on a control there is a status for what the Left Mouse Button does.  The 3 states are Move, Resize, and Interact.  These states are so that you do not have to mess with keyboard shortcuts to Resize and also you can Interact without selecting or moving controls.

Other Features:

• Left Click+Drag to select multiple controls. Re-Size multiple selected controls at the same time by using either Shift+Click+Drag or using the mouse wheel to select Resize in the Edit Controls window
  • Loads old XML files from the previous version (I would suggest saving to new files though since the new program changes a few things)
  • Fonts and Colors are applied to all of the selected controls (there are different places to change either the font for each selected type, or all controls)
  • GUI Settings are easily set by clicking on the GUI Settings button on the Edit Controls window.
  • Delete all selected controls by highlighting the controls you wish to remove and press the Delete key.
  • Right Click/Quick Options: Grid and Snap to Grid will help keep things in line.

To Do List:

Where to begin...

• Hotkeys for adding controls.  I have a space for it, I just need to write the code.
  • Advanced alignment.
  • Export to file, not just a control to copy/paste.
  • Export to Clipboard.

I am sure that there are other ideas that I just have not had time to get to just yet.  If a feature that you have grown fond of did not make it from the old program, let me know.  There are a couple that I will not be bringing back unless a STRONG case is made for them.

Version:

https://gist.github.com/6231496

As always let me know what you think.  Bug reports and ideas are always welcome!

I have been working on a Script Writer for a while now and I wanted to make a plugin for it that would give the user a development environment for making static GUI's. I know that Rajat has an amazing GUI creator but I was looking to make something a bit more simplistic. I have tested it as much as I can for bugs but if you can find some in it please message me. Any and all feedback is welcome.
Script Writer has been updated to AHK Studio.

Un-compiled version requires Autohotkey_L. Please download the compiled version if you are using any other versions.

latest beta
1.This version is for AHK_L only
2.Will work with any version of AHK

If you want to download the files easily just right click and select "save as" that way you do not have to copy and paste the code.

Version notes can be viewed here:

Thank you for taking the time to try out my script.

This script was developed using Script Writer Which I no longer write or update. AHK Studio is now where I program so give it a try.

Just in case you were wondering, my
It is nowhere near ready but it shows what I am doing and where the project is going. Load and save are not implemented yet
beta.PNG
This program was written using AHK Studio Give it a shot.

Features:

• Drag to select multiple controls
  • Resize, Move, Position, and change the font of multiple controls at the same time
  • Delete unwanted controls
  • Undo/Redo
  • Edit font color, face, and style
  • Import simple scripts from files or clipboard
  • Automatically load the last saved file

Many more...

guest3456
  • Members
  • 1704 posts
  • Last active: Nov 19 2015 11:58 AM
cool, simple, i like it :)

shajul
  • Members
  • 571 posts
  • Last active: Aug 01 2015 03:45 PM
this is very nice..
maybe you can add an option to duplicate a control also someday!
If i've seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants

my site | ~shajul | WYSIWYG BBCode Editor

SoggyDog
  • Members
  • 803 posts
  • Last active: Mar 04 2013 06:27 AM
Simple-- Useful;
Could be expanded some without losing simplicity.

bekihito
  • Members
  • 42 posts
  • Last active: Sep 04 2013 07:33 PM
nice, but I suggest a grid background for easier alignment

Morpheus
  • Members
  • 475 posts
  • Last active: Oct 21 2014 11:08 AM
I am getting a duplicate function definition error. rcm(x="") is defined on lines 109, and 487.

maestrith
  • Members
  • 786 posts

I am getting a duplicate function definition error. rcm(x="") is defined on lines 109, and 487.

Yea....sorry about that. Somehow I got some of the code twice.

Morpheus
  • Members
  • 475 posts
  • Last active: Oct 21 2014 11:08 AM
I have it working now. Preliminary results are looking good. Thanks for the script. :)

maestrith
  • Members
  • 786 posts
You are welcome Morpheus. I have a link at the top of the post where I will be publishing updates. Not all of them will make it to the forum right away so check there.

sjkeegs
  • Members
  • 21 posts
  • Last active: Jun 17 2015 06:01 PM
Very nice, Thanks.
SJKeegs

maestrith
  • Members
  • 786 posts
You are welcome sjkeegs. I hope you get some use out of it. I did add a few more options and also Text controls...I can not believe I forgot them.

Relayer
  • Members
  • 122 posts
  • Last active: Jun 22 2015 09:21 PM
hummm,

I just tried it and got a blank parameter error at line 255. I put "" in to see if that would let it load and got a too many parameters error at line 417.

Also, your url for the file has a redundancy at the beginning.

Relayer

tidbit
  • Administrators
  • 2709 posts
  • Hates playing Janitor
  • Last active: Jan 15 2016 11:37 PM
Relayer: same.
solution: use AHKL.

rawr. be very afraid
*poke*
. Populate the AutoHotkey city. Pointless but somewhat fun. .

maestrith
  • Members
  • 786 posts
Thank you Relayer for reporting that to me. I went through the code and found that I was using features that AHK Basic does not use. Thank you to tidbit as well for helping out. I have fixed the script and it should now work with basic as well. The sad thing is that code wise I was doing an extra step that was not necessary.

tidbit
  • Administrators
  • 2709 posts
  • Hates playing Janitor
  • Last active: Jan 15 2016 11:37 PM
I like it :) feels a lot smoother then smartgui.

My suggestions:
1. have the align tools work on reverse. If you right-click on a control and then click the align buttons, it should align that control to the next control clicked.

2. edit the text/headers/labels/whatever of a control. Not sure if you can currently do it, like adding extra headers to a lv or change the text in a text control.
-2a. duplicate control seemed to screw up the headers in the duplicated lv control. That was also the only control I test that on, might screw up other controls.

3. if you could somehow implement a grid, that'd be pretty handy :)

Here's a screenshot of my (quite old) unfinished gui creator. Maybe it'll give you some ideas. It still needs a lot of work. No grid, snapping, aligning, saving, loading and pretty flickery.. But it does have control edge detection, do you can resize the control when your mouse is at the edge of a control.

rawr. be very afraid
*poke*
. Populate the AutoHotkey city. Pointless but somewhat fun. .