Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Up in folders with middle click...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic
albundo
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Last active: Jul 12 2006 10:37 PM
I liked that in some file managers you can double click on the background to go up a level, so I made a simple script that allows this in both Explorer folders and open/save dialogs with the middle mouse button (doesn't have to be over the background, and MMB isn't normally used for anything). It just sends backspace when you middle click in a folder view.

Enjoy! :D

~MButton::
MouseGetPos,,,,hovercontrol
if hovercontrol = SysListView321 ; folder windows and background in open and save dialogs
Send {Backspace}
else if hovercontrol = #327701 ; items in open and save dialogs
Send {Backspace}
Return

Szara
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Last active: Jul 01 2006 07:46 AM
Thank you so much for this. I get myself in trouble by double-clicking in those windows and having them not respond...this will help a great deal!
If I'm asking a question about AHK, it's only because I can't find the answer anywhere else. I swear, I looked!

AutoHotKey has saved me at least 8 hours a month of data entry. What has it done for you?

majkinetor
  • Moderators
  • 4512 posts
  • Last active: May 20 2019 07:41 AM
Explorer ?
Posted Image

albundo
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Explorer ?

...as in explorer.exe (Windows Explorer).

rghammo
  • Guests
  • Last active:
This sounds really cool but I have the middle click assigned elsewhere. How can I do this with the left click instead? This may be obvious but I'm just learning how to do this type of thing. Thanks.

Ian
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Change:
to
~LButton::

albundo
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Change:

to
~LButton::

Well, that would make it pretty tough to actually select anything. ;)

I assume he means to get the left double click working.

The problem is then distinguishing between items in the list and the background. That could technically be done by comparing the color under the cursor with the background during both clicks (doing it both times is to keep it from working when you click between characters in the name for example). It would also have to take into account the active column highlight color that XP uses.

Of course, you'd also have to add some code to determine double clicks.

I thought I'd just keep it simple with the single middle click, but if anyone wants to tackle these issues, feel free to do so. :)