Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Anti-scripting catching up

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic
xx3nvyxx
  • Members
  • 93 posts
  • Last active: Jan 21 2016 09:33 AM
I don't know if anybody excepting myself has noticed, but certain game programs have found a way to defeat Auto-Hotkey's SendPlay mode. I have begun to lose hope that there will be a simple way to keep game developers from breaking legitimate scripts. In a way we're back to square one... I wish there was somebody who could create a virtual input device driver, that would be very difficult for game developers to block without blocking whole users out.
Now the world has gone to bed,
Darkness won't engulf my head,
I can see by infra-red,
How I hate the night.

Now I lay me down to sleep,
Try to count electric sheep,
Sweet dream wishes you can keep,
How I hate the night.

BoBo
  • Guests
  • Last active:
:shock:

that there will be a simple way to keep game developers from breaking legitimate scripts

Huh? I assume you're breaking some rules by using that kinda script.
Any hint what makes your script legitimate before that background ??? I think you're fine that their main focus is to keep you handicapped that way instead of being focused to identify you to bring you to court ! :roll:

xx3nvyxx
  • Members
  • 93 posts
  • Last active: Jan 21 2016 09:33 AM
Does a script that automaticly logs me into the game break any rules? If it does than it deserves to be broken. However, there are other games that are sure to follow, ones that people have scripts built to combat RSIs. Those definitely are legitamate, even if my specific example is not.
Now the world has gone to bed,
Darkness won't engulf my head,
I can see by infra-red,
How I hate the night.

Now I lay me down to sleep,
Try to count electric sheep,
Sweet dream wishes you can keep,
How I hate the night.

TDMedia
  • Members
  • 196 posts
  • Last active: Sep 03 2009 02:33 PM
Let's take into consideration that I've seen some REALLY annoying login sequences for games. One in particular, the one I believe 3nvy is talking about, is MapleStory. It requres you to log in with a normal user/pass, then with an on-screen keyboard that you input a PIN on. This in itself isn't so bad, but the bottons on this virtual keyboard move positions after every character input. I see this as a rediculous overkill under the guise of "security," so I made a login script that searched for the images, and then clicked the location in which they were found. Now, GameGuard blocks SendPlay, and it takes me around 15 seconds to enter a 4-digit PIN! Going through this process every time you want to play a game gets pretty annoying after a while, so if that's not legitimate, I don't know what is.

corrupt
  • Members
  • 2558 posts
  • Last active: Nov 01 2014 03:23 PM

Does a script that automaticly logs me into the game break any rules?

Yes. The person that decided that you must login obviously wants you to log in or they wouldn't have provided a login.

However, there are other games that are sure to follow, ones that people have scripts built to combat RSIs. Those definitely are legitamate, even if my specific example is not.

While I sympathize, I disagree. The problem is that many people use scripts that could be used for this purpose as cheats. While cheats are fun for the person cheating, others that are not cheating rarely appreciate cheats being used against them. Also, where does the line get drawn? Some people really do suck at performing certain tasks in various games. Should this be considered a disability that justifies a script... ?

Let's take into consideration that I've seen some REALLY annoying login sequences for games. One in particular, the one I believe 3nvy is talking about, is MapleStory. It requres you to log in with a normal user/pass, then with an on-screen keyboard that you input a PIN on. This in itself isn't so bad, but the bottons on this virtual keyboard move positions after every character input. I see this as a rediculous overkill under the guise of "security," so I made a login script that searched for the images, and then clicked the location in which they were found. Now, GameGuard blocks SendPlay, and it takes me around 15 seconds to enter a 4-digit PIN! Going through this process every time you want to play a game gets pretty annoying after a while, so if that's not legitimate, I don't know what is.

If you haven't already tried, explaining this to the company that released the game might be a bit more productive than trying to defeat the protection.