Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

HTML Notepad Remade .04 Alpha

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic
Elevator_Hazard
  • Members
  • 297 posts
  • Last active: Feb 07 2011 12:10 AM
Needs a little work here an there, but here we go:

HTML Notepad v.04 Beta-

What is it?
The HTML Notepad is an HTML editor that I made with many features seen below:

Features:
[*:3lwd2nn8]Intellesense Capabilities- An Intellesense made by jordi (thanks by the way) that you can customize (just edit Wordlist.txt, don't delete it)
[*:3lwd2nn8]Loadable Templates- You may save, load, and delete simple to complex templates you have created, comes with 3 as default (strict, frameset, and transitional)
[*:3lwd2nn8]HTML Conversions- An option that lets you convert a character to its html value (ex: > would become > and linefeeds would become <br>'s)
[*:3lwd2nn8]Transparency- Toggle the transparency
[*:3lwd2nn8]And much more!
NEW as of .02:
[*:3lwd2nn8]rAdded History file- Just a history file displaying changes.
[*:3lwd2nn8]Fixed a few bugs- The close-while-minimized was a big problem, as you would need to delete the ini file if you did so, but that's changed. And I changed the size of the window to be smaller, It was fine for me but that was because of my 19in monitor...
[*:3lwd2nn8]Added an update-checker- Now it will check for an update by downloading a .txt file each time and checking the first line of it. Nifty, I think.
NEW as of .03:
[*:3lwd2nn8]Moved Trans Window- Simply reworked the transwindow position
[*:3lwd2nn8]Added Color Picker- Added a color-picker dll for getting nice colors by simply choosing one off of an easy gui from an icon button
NEW as of .04 BETA:
[*:3lwd2nn8]Beta- its beta now! yay!
[*:3lwd2nn8]Many small fixes
[*:3lwd2nn8]Contacts Menu- now you can contact me with advice via an autohotkey pm or my emial!
[*:3lwd2nn8]Themes- Customize the program's appearance with the .ini file, you may want to back-up the old one somewhere else so you know its defaults
[*:3lwd2nn8]Better icons- I've made the icons better now.Screenshots:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download:
250kb zip file with all code/icons/.exe version found Here

I am sure that there are bugs, and any or all bugs feel free to post here. Enjoy (please)
Credits:
[*:3lwd2nn8]Jordi for his Intellisense-like autoreplacement with multiple suggestions
[*:3lwd2nn8]Corrupt for his Graphic Buttons which are VERY useful I might add.
[*:3lwd2nn8]And of course, AGermanUser for his AHK BBCodeWriter v6.6 - An offline BBCode Editor

Changed siggy at request of ahklerner :D

jonny
  • Members
  • 2951 posts
  • Last active: Feb 24 2008 04:22 AM
Very nicely made. It seems to have just enough to be useful, while remaining unbloated and clean. However, the transparency and sticky features are superfluous, in my opinion. Those kind of things shouldn't be provided by the application itself, and I find it annoying when programs try to add window management features of their own. If one does already have those features provided by something else, they're redundant, and if not, chances are they aren't wanted. They make the broader interface inconsistent, too.

That aside, though, I might actually use this myself after modifying it a little to suit my tastes. Once again, great job.

Veovis
  • Members
  • 389 posts
  • Last active: Mar 17 2009 12:24 AM
I agree, it is very nice. I especially like the HTML converter. You have no idea how many kids in my web design class get confused when the can't put "Me & Kristy are friendz!" or "Mikey > Shuey"

But GASP! Your have no <title>Untitled Page</title> in your templates.

But yes, i like it. Its short sweet and to the point. But if i suggested it to the kids in my class i would delete the always on top and transparency simply because they would get curious. Very good work though!

PS. is there a way for the intellisense to complete your typing, or is it just there to remind you? And i don't like your limit on how small the window can go.
Posted Image
"Power can be given overnight, but responsibility must be taught. Long years go into its making."

Elevator_Hazard
  • Members
  • 297 posts
Jonny what do you mean by "once again"? Oh well, thanks very much Veo and Jonny...

For the Intellesense to complete typing for you, you double-press the corrosponding number, I tried to edit it from what jordi had, but it was too hard for me :( and I just whipped those templates together.

I didn't expect this good of feedback, nice. :D

EDIT: And also, what's wrong with the window size? If anything, I would think its too big, but its fine for me because I'm using a 19in 1280xSomething monitor :D

jonny
  • Members
  • 2951 posts
  • Last active: Feb 24 2008 04:22 AM

Jonny what do you mean by "once again"?

Only that I was reiterating what I had already said.

Elevator_Hazard
  • Members
  • 297 posts
Ah... Oh and also I found a bug with closing while minimized... So uh.. Don't do that and if you do, just delete the window dimensions in the .ini file so it goes to default again.. I fixed it but I want to find more wrong stuff before another release.

Veovis
  • Members
  • 389 posts
I did that to one of my scripts... (the close on minimize makes the windown appear at like -32000 coordinates lol)

The size thing is just that i wish you weren't limited to a certain size, i mean probably i will have the window bigger than that like 99% of the time, but i don't think it should be restricted. Maybe restrict it just enough that no buttons get cutoff. I am looking forward to the next release!
Posted Image
"Power can be given overnight, but responsibility must be taught. Long years go into its making."

Veovis
  • Members
  • 389 posts
Sorry to keep posting, just wanted to say some things that i would like:

Hotkeys, like ctrl-n for new, ctrl-s for save, ctrl-shift-s for save as.

Intillisense would complete tags for you including closing. So if you typed "<l" and hit 3 twice, it would type "<li></li>" and put the cursor between the tags. "<he" and press 1 twice it would put

<head>
(cursor)
</head>

just some ideas, don't know how hard that intellisense one would be...
Posted Image

Elevator_Hazard
  • Members
  • 297 posts
Hmm... Yea I fixed that and the always-on-top button is now like a millimeter away from the rest of the menu bar.
As for the intellesense, I could possible do that.... Add an {enter} or {space} in every line of the .txt file with some simple stringreplace... But as for things like <html> you don't want the end tag on same line, but I guess you wouldn't have much after that tag anyway...
Also, does anyone have titan's html encryptor? There was nothing on his link in catalogue of scripts...
Lastly, I may add a little thing that searches for updates on the program, but that could get annoying... I'll try it anyway, and it will have the new version info including previous ones... After the first release I have the second one sitting here now uncompiled ready to go, but I want to find more bugs to fix, probably the intellisense is one of them. Thanks for all of your suggestions/posts Veovis and you can keep posting :D

-----EDIT-----
Veovis, sorry but its too much work to change every line in that file to have an end tag, it would be easy to make a program to do it for me, but some tags don't have end tags on them... So the program would just make them have an end tag anyway... If you want to attempt to edit Wordlist.txt, that would be GREAT. :D

------------------------
New Version Time! UPDATE go look up top, .02 alpha

polyethene
  • Members
  • 5519 posts
  • Last active: May 17 2015 06:39 AM

Also, does anyone have titan's html encryptor? There was nothing on his link in catalogue of scripts...

I discontinued that script because it was too difficult to properly encrypt and obfuscate HTML documents while maintaining W3C DOM compliance. Here's a generic obfuscation function you can build on:

htmlcrypt(code, noscr = "") {
	code := RegExReplace(code, "(?<=>)\s+(?=<)|^\s*|\s*$")
	pre := SubStr(code, 1, InStr(code, "<body") - 1)
	If !RegExMatch(code, "i)(<body\b[^>]*>)(.*?)</body>", body)
		body2 := code, pre := ""
	format := A_FormatInteger
	SetFormat, Integer, H
	Loop, Parse, body2
		cipher .= "%" . SubStr(Asc(A_LoopField), 3)
	SetFormat, Integer, %format%
	Return, pre . body1
		. "<script type=""text/javascript""><!--`ndocument.write(unescape('"
		. cipher . "'));//--></script>"
		. (noscr ? "<noscript>" . noscr . "</noscript>" : "") . post
}

Great script by the way, I like the simple and clean interface. There are more HTML templates on The Web Standards Project and W3C recommendations that would be great to impliment. Another suggestion I'd like to make is a HTML tidy, they're especially useful in non-WYSIWYG environments like this.

autohotkey.com/net Site Manager

Contact me by email (polyethene at autohotkey.net) or message tidbit

Jero3n
  • Members
  • 147 posts
  • Last active: Mar 31 2010 05:07 PM

Another suggestion I'd like to make is a HTML tidy, they're especially useful in non-WYSIWYG environments like this.

yes, thats a great idea. then it is a complete html-editor :D

Elevator_Hazard
  • Members
  • 297 posts
Are you suggesting I download it, or make one?

Is it an editor or just a program to run on like... highlighted text?

Elevator_Hazard
  • Members
  • 297 posts
Not releasing another one so soon, pointless, but I added another button, which is a color picker using a shell of the color picker dll I found on these forums, really nice. Also moved the transparency window when its created to a better place viewable from anywhere even if the window is max-sized.

Elevator_Hazard
  • Members
  • 297 posts
Updated, read top for details

Elevator_Hazard
  • Members
  • 297 posts
Suggestions, anyone?