Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Kid-Friendly Mouse

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic
glen
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Sep 20 2007 05:14 AM
My baby loves computer games, but sometimes gets frustrated when she clicks the right mouse button and something unexpected happens. (She should click the left mouse button, but she gets mixed-up sometimes.)

This script maps all the mouse buttons to the left mouse button. When the game is over, double-click on the tray icon to exit and restore the normal mouse functionality.
Menu Tray, NoStandard
Menu Tray, Add, Exit, DoExit
Menu Tray, Default, Exit

MButton::LButton
RButton::LButton
XButton1::LButton
XButton2::LButton

DoExit:
	ExitApp
Mapping all four of the other mouse buttons to LButton is trivial. The rest of the script creates a tray icon menu containing only one choice: "Exit". Normally, this menu is accessed by right-clicking tray icon, but since right-click is disabled, the only item available is the Default item, which is selected by double-clicking.

engunneer
  • Moderators
  • 9162 posts
  • Last active: Sep 12 2014 10:36 PM
good demonstration. My solution would be hardware - get an old puck mouse from a mac - only one button.

not logged in CraSH23000
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Always more fun to have software solutions.

• Guests
  • Last active:
My kids love Starfall and this is exactly what I was looking for. They always get so frustrated with the right button.