Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate

Procrastination Monitor

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic
Praganix
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I always wondered how much time I really spend doing e-mail etc. I couldn't find an app to tell me so I tried to use an AutoHotkey script. And guess what, it works :) This is my first AHK script so be forgiving if it doesn't work quite right.

http://praganix.wz.cz/

Suggestions welcome.

Praganix

Praganix
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Posted Image

williamsharkey
  • Members
  • 49 posts
  • Last active: Mar 14 2013 06:16 AM
I pragnix. This is a great script you have.

I have it running on my computer.

My problem:

I do not want to purchase Microsoft Excel . I use open office. It did not render the xls file properly.

I will consider writing an open office math file to display the pie chart, unless you know of an easier way for me to view the stats.

Thanks,
William

• Guests
  • Last active:
FYI: I tried downloading and the zip file failed as not a valid archive.

Praganix
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Hi William,

I am aware that not everybody has Excel, it was just easiest for me this way. But the xls file is currently just two pivot charts set up to show data pulled from the .csv file - anyone used to working with pivot tables or charts can probably recreate it in less than 10 minutes. If you find a better way to visualize the data, please share it. Thanks for the feedback!

Praganix

I pragnix. This is a great script you have.

I have it running on my computer.

My problem:

I do not want to purchase Microsoft Excel . I use open office. It did not render the xls file properly.

I will consider writing an open office math file to display the pie chart, unless you know of an easier way for me to view the stats.

Thanks,
William

Praganix
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Hi Guest,

sorry you had trouble downloading. I tried it myself now and it seems to download O.K. Maybe try refresh on my page before downloading, or clear your browser cache, and if that doesn't work, mail me (see my page for the address), I will mail you the files.

Anybody else with this issue?

Praganix

FYI: I tried downloading and the zip file failed as not a valid archive.

haichen
  • Members
  • 200 posts
  • Last active: Oct 20 2013 01:14 PM
Yes, the archiv seems to be corrupt.

Praganix
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Ahh... Mea culpa! Appologies for any frustration caused. I followed my own advice, clearing the cache, only to find out it was me who was looking at a cached version of the file. The hosted file was broken indeed. Should be fixed now, go ahead - and if something goes wrong again, please let me know. I appreciate it.

Petr

Yes, the archiv seems to be corrupt.

silveredge78
  • Members
  • 499 posts
  • Last active: Mar 14 2014 03:19 AM
Still not working for me either...downloads 137kb of the 1.47MB its telling me it is....
SilverEdge78

Praganix
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Drop me a line and I will e-mail the zip file to you.

Praganix

Still not working for me either...downloads 137kb of the 1.47MB its telling me it is....

silveredge78
  • Members
  • 499 posts
  • Last active: Mar 14 2014 03:19 AM
Do you have an email address? You don't have a registered account on here (or if you do, you aren't logged on). If you did, I could drop you a message.
SilverEdge78

Icester
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Would you consider adding a simple hotkey for copying information to the clipboard? For example, whenever you press Ctrl-P, the clipboard get updated with very basic info that might look like:

Total Time: 65 hours 23 minutes
OUTLOOK.EXE: 45%
NOTEPAD.EXE: 15%
FIREFOX.EXE: 40%

This would be an easy, yet effective way to get around the "I don't have Excel" complaint and provides a quick and easy way of monitoring the progress.

Very nice script you have here!I

Praganix
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Hi Icester,

Unfortunately, I am too busy lately, and afraid it won't get better anytime soon. But feel free to edit the script to your liking, I tried to comment it so it should be understandable by anyone. If you get stuck, drop me a line, I will try to help.

Anyway, thanks for an interesting idea!

Praganix

hannibal_32
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Please don't let my boss get ahold of this!

Gary

hansen
  • Guests
  • Last active:
it's a shame the script is so tightly bound to Excel, it eliminates a large user base that uses OpenOffice (I'm one of them)

I guess I'll have to look elsewhere, shame though, because it's a very clever script...