Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

[module] Toolbar Control 1.0 b1

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic
majkinetor
  • Moderators
  • 4512 posts
  • Last active: May 20 2019 07:41 AM

T o o l b a r
Version 2 of this module is here
Toolbar control

Download                Documentation

Latest test version here

Posted Image

Posted Image

To do:
- Arrow buttons (buttons that have small down arrow next to them that can be clicked for list of options) (done in test)
- Tooltips (done in test)
- The way to add separators when toolbar is used with image lists. (done in test)
- Notification interface
Posted Image

freakkk
  • Members
  • 182 posts
  • Last active: Dec 16 2014 06:23 PM
OMG!
You are on quite a tear today! Keep em' coming! :D

Laszlo
  • Moderators
  • 4713 posts
  • Last active: Mar 31 2012 03:17 AM
Amazing! I cannot try your scripts as fast as you post them. They are real time savers for the rest of us. Thanks, but consider to cut back on coffee: we want you to stay with us for a long time… :wink:

SKAN
  • Administrators
  • 9115 posts
  • Last active:
Many thanks majkinetor. I can now enrich my Appbar to be pro.

When I drag out and release Quick launch from the taskbar I have it floating:

Posted Image

If you have the time and mood, please demonstrate how this can be duplicated ( with tooltips ) with an AHK Gui.

Thanks again. :)

Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:
Toolbars have some excellent unconventional uses. For example, this is actually a top-level toolbar with a drop-shadow:

Posted Image
(mouse is over button 2)

Posted Image
(button 2 is pressed)

The window has the WS_POPUP, WS_BORDER, TBSTYLE_LIST and CCS_NODIVIDER styles. I sub-classed ToolbarWindow32, mainly to add the CS_DROPSHADOW class style. :)

I had been writing a toolbar-popup-menu function, but gave up when I realised it would become obsolete when I finally get around to one of my planned projects (layered window system.) I can post the proof-of-concept, if anyone is interested.

@SKAN: iirc, that is done by destroying the toolbar on the taskbar's Rebar control, and recreating it on a floating window. It is a feature of Desk Bands.

You could probably use SetParent to move the toolbar from one GUI to another (i.e. floating tool window.)

majkinetor
  • Moderators
  • 4512 posts
thx lexikos for idea. Its good to know that menus can be reimplemented that way, I just need to reimplement them. If you remember my PM about menus with titles that stay on the ground, I got a nice idea from ViM editor menus that I will make available in MMenu - First item in ViM menu has small height and you can click it to recrate menu on the desktop. In ViM, they did it using some form of listview, but it seems that "list" toolbar is much better idea.

Anyway, Toolbar module is almost over. The thing that SKAN referes can be done as lexikos said.

But I suggest you to wait until both Toolbar and ReBar modules are over, then you will have some cool things like seveeral toolbars, some to be vertical, etc....

I didn't get tooltips to work yet though, and something that toolbar control supports, moving the buttons around...
Posted Image

majkinetor
  • Moderators
  • 4512 posts
More serious encapsulation, now in form of includable module. Currently I didn't designed notification interface, so it is hardcoded in module in function Toolbar_onNotify.

To do:
- Arrow buttons (buttons that have small down arrow next to them that can be clicked for list of options)
- Tooltips
- The way to add separators when toolbar is used with image lists.
- Notification interface
Posted Image