Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Auto Refresh for Google Voice

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic
crashjohnson
  • Members
  • 19 posts
  • Last active: Apr 18 2010 02:11 AM
Since Google Voice doesn't auto refresh your inbox I wanted to write a script that will recognize when Google Voice's inbox is open/active and execute the JavaScript that makes the inbox refresh. Then have the script refresh the inbox about every 10 seconds or so.

I can't make heads or tails of the JS but here is what I've extracted so maybe someone can decipher this and help me out.

Simply looking at the page source, this is what I get:

</div></div><a id="gc-inbox-refresh" class="gc-inbox-refresh" href="javascript://">Refresh</a> 
                </div>

It didn't seem like that would get me very far so I used the built-in Developer Console in Google Chrome to find out more. When I pressed the refresh button in the page the Developer Console window opened this section of code:

z.CN=function(a){a.Yb!==zc&&a.Yb!=""&&this.bx(a.Yb)};z.bx=function(a){var b=a.split("/");a=b[0];b=zpa(zya(b,1),function(d){return zYa(d)});var c=this.l.Ee[a].na;this.dispatchEvent(new zHg(c,a,this.it,this,b));this.it=c};z.ma=function(a){this.jt=this.history.Fd();!a||this.history.Fd()==a?this.bx(this.history.Fd()):this.history.Wt(a)};z.uc=function(a){this.dispatchEvent(a)};z.m=function(){if(!this.ha()){zFg.h.m.call(this);this.jt=this.it=zGg=zc;this.c.m();this.c=zc}};z.HJ=function(){return this.jt};

after seeing that I almost sh!t a small car because I have no idea what I'm looking at!!

If someone could please help me figure out what part of this I need to use to write the script I would really appreciate it!